• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

If we had a HC or GM with any backbone....there's no way Foster plays this Sunday.

People talk about the toxic culture that surrounds the team...the one way you start correcting it is to make an example out of malcontents.

That being said...nothing meaningful happens here in regards to Foster. No backbone exists in Ashburn.

If we had a HC or GM with any backbone....there's no way Foster plays this Sunday.

People talk about the toxic culture that surrounds the team...the one way you start correcting it is to make an example out of malcontents.

That being said...nothing meaningful happens here in regards to Foster. No backbone exists in Ashburn.

Based upon how Dan and Bruce cowered with the Reuben Foster signing--hanging Doug and Jay out to dry--I wouldn't be holding my breath expecting either of them to take action.

However, Gruden did discipline Norman, ripping headphones out of his ears and benching him to start a game earlier this season. He's certainly not scared of Foster.

Until we get some confirmation that Mason Foster actually posted that, I'm going to assume it's fake or not actually him. People say some really stupid stuff on social media, but that's a bit over the top.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So is there enough talent on this team (forget QB situation for the moment) for a quick turn-around or is this a long-term rebuild? Is this perpetual misery given a FO that simply does not know how to build a championship roster?

Until we get some confirmation that Mason Foster actually posted that, I'm going to assume it's fake or not actually him. People say some really stupid stuff on social media, but that's a bit over the top.

I'm starting to think it was him, because something seems odd with his twitter account.
I used to follow him. Now I can't find him. It's as if he deleted his twitter.

So is there enough talent on this team (forget QB situation for the moment) for a quick turn-around or is this a long-term rebuild? Is this perpetual misery given a FO that simply does not know how to build a championship roster?

Some of that depends on our QB situation next year. We have a ton of money tied up at the position.

On the field, who is our QB next year? Can McCoy stay healthy for 8 games?

Fan, I know you said to not focus on the QB in your draft, but we're probably a few years off.

I could see two things that could change that. Josh Johnson being incredible, or prying Teddy B. away from the Saints.

Any QB we draft will likely take a few years, and the same with any new coaching staff.

I've found the alleged screenshot in question, but it's nsfw. It's pretty easy to find on Twitter if interested.

View attachment 4064

Your defensive captain,Mason Foster, folks.

" **** this team and **** this fanbase"

If true....and I found a few things that might suspect it is, I think the second tweet is more telling of what he's saying. It looked like to me he's calling out a bunch of players who aren't putting in the effort and he doesn't want to be grouped with them by the fanbase.

If true....and I found a few things that might suspect it is, I think the second tweet is more telling of what he's saying. It looked like to me he's calling out a bunch of players who aren't putting in the effort and he doesn't want to be grouped with them by the fanbase.

He says "big money people who ain't playin".

That could be players who aren't puttin out. Or he could literally mean the big money people who don't play at all, IOW the Front Office.
Question is, which is he referring ?

And it wouldn't be the first time, this came up for MF.
Almost exactly a year ago...

https://www.nbcsports.com/washingto...r-rant-mason-foster-met-bruce-allen-clear-air

Last edited:

A competent coaching staff would work wonders. The one we have now is pathetic.
Our team is a reflection of their ineptitude.

I've thought for a while we have a fair bit of talent... the bigger problem is that much of that talent either underperforms regularly or can't stay on the field.

From a pure talent standpoint I'd take Jordan Reed every time... but his issues with staying on the field are giving me serious thought to the fact we'd be better off without him.

Our team seems littered with them.

I want players who have a) a strong work ethic, b) a good history with injuries (I don't mind if they've had one or two, it's more about how much time they've lost) and c) talent.

I think this team could go A LOT further if we just had a team that worked hard and stayed healthy, than purely stacking talent.

A combo of all three attributes would be nice though. :D

We also have some hyped players like Josh Norman, Jordan Reed, Zach Brown, Morgan Moses that week to week don't consistently perform up to their contracts/reps.

Meanwhile, in places like NY and Oakland right now, teams with worse records are still playing hard and not bitching in the media. What's the difference here? Leadership!

Forget winning and establishing a winning tradition.

This team cannot even get being bad right.

We are on the road to 6-10. Where is that going to land us in the draft standings...10th to 13th pick range maybe.

Chances are that is not going to land us a player that can completely transform this franchise and carry it on his back for years to come.

For the first time in my 31 years of following this franchise, I am at a point where I do not even have interest in watching. I intentionally skipped the Eagles game and shut the TV off at 17-0 Giants the following week.

It is a real shame. Something which I love that is part of the fabric of who I am as a person now has me pushing away, wanting to escape.

No offseason move, no coaching change, no player changes, no draft picks, NOTHING will get me excited moving forward. I am always going to have to assume that it is going to turn out bad because that is just how the Redskins role and have rolled for quite some time.

Results based business. I am in prove-it mode as a fan. Proving it has been something the Redskins have made into a major chore and failure more often than not.

The Redskins are now the Cleveland Browns pre-2018.

The Browns graduated from the basement and the Redskins are waiting in line to take their place.

Mason Foster should have been waived after his social media rants just like the coach in Green Bay after his tweets about Rodgers.

Jay Gruden should be fired if he can't maintain some discipline over his roster. And in this case, it appears he has no interest in doing so.

I have to laugh at Foster. After giving up 179 net yards to Barkley and 40 points to the 4-8 Giants, Foster is upset about not being appreciated?

It's no secret at least to me that Josh Norman is the most overpaid cornerback in the NFL.

He is simply serviceable. And he isn't a team leader despite all the accolades he received for his work ethic when he was signed away from Carolina.

To me it was the Carolina defense that made Norman and not the reverse.

He is a zone corner like Richard Sherman that can make plays in a tightly defined role and space.

But he lacks the footspeed to be a man-on cover corner like Patrick Peterson or Aqib Talib have been over the past 5-6 years.

Last edited:
I was traveling today and heard the Foster story. I figured if it was true it would become a story. Well, it's become a story. To be honest, I think I laughed more than got angry when I heard the whole thing.

First off, Foster confirmed he is an idiot. He failed a basic idiot test, which is never send something electronically that you don't want everyone else to see. Especially to some fan boy whose goal was most likely just to get something from you. According to Steve Czaban, the guy even tried to ask for a jersey at the end of the exchange. How does Foster not realize this will not end well.

Secondly, how do you walk in your locker room after calling out your teammates saying they aren't playing hard. He may be right but these are the guys who are supposed to have your back. And you tell someone else behind your teammates back that the higher paid players aren't putting out so why should you.

Thirdly, Gruden's comments are those of a lame duck coach. The whole thing sounds like he doesn't care. If he doesn't care, maybe that's why the players don't. Maybe John has promised he and Bruce a job and that's why they don't care. They are just trying to run out the clock.

This whole thing seems like a Costanza situation where he's trying to get fired and he can't. I don't mean Gruden specifically I mean everyone. Players and coaches must go home at night saying “It's impossible for me to get fired”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I still say that it should be a team rule that players should not be on social media during the season - including training camp, preseason, regular season, and the playoffs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 6, Members: 0, Guests: 6)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.