• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

Be safe brother - I'm sure someone else will pick up the slack if you can't post it....

Yeah all you guys on the east coast take precautions for the storms. Stay safe

The Vikes' O-Line is highly questionable, too. I have a feeling the path for GB may be easier than people think. A lot of the Minny hype, I have a feeling, is anti-Redskins jabber.

Nick

Hey....if the Skins can't make it.....it would be fun to watch MN lose a SB. ...AGAIN!

I am in the direct path of this hurricane, and I don't know what's going to happen, so I may not be capable of doing this week's TV Geographical map.

Be safe! I'm on the Eastern Shore in VA about 2 mis from the Atlantic and a 10 min walk to Chesapeake Bay.

I am in the direct path of this hurricane, and I don't know what's going to happen, so I may not be capable of doing this week's TV Geographical map.

Stay safe. I am on the VA Peninsula and we've been nervous about FLO all week. Latest news sounds a little better for us, but still could change direction again.

Thanks for all the encouragement, guys.
Looks like I will not be evacuating, but staying in a friend's brick home that is believed to be safe, although of course, there still multiple risks.
But since I won't be on the road, I can post updates here, up until we lose power or wifi.
I'll go find the weather thread in the other forum, and use that.

Thanks for all the encouragement, guys.
Looks like I will not be evacuating, but staying in a friend's brick home that is believed to be safe, although of course, there still multiple risks.
But since I won't be on the road, I can post updates here, up until we lose power or wifi.
I'll go find the weather thread in the other forum, and use that.

Where are you exactly? I hope you aren't ‘in the direct path' on the coast and staying?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where are you exactly? I hope you aren't ‘in the direct path' on the coast and staying?

Just a couple miles north of Wilmington. So I'm guessing 15 miles from the coast. Direct path was supposed to be about 40 miles north last I heard.
It was a tough decision to stay. But a lot went into it.
The storm has been downgraded from 4 to a 3 when it makes landfall.
Evacuating can be just as dangerous. Storm is going to go so far inland, that flooding is a threat into far reaching areas.
So the destination can be dangerous.
There's the traffic backups, the concern about such a long backup, that maybe we get stuck in the storm, or run out of gas when gas stations are out of gas or closed. I was assured by this friend that it was a strong house that has been through similar hurricanes.
Then there's my mother I need to watch over and take care of, and her health makes it hard for her to travel.

Just a couple miles north of Wilmington. So I'm guessing 15 miles from the coast. Direct path was supposed to be about 40 miles north last I heard.
It was a tough decision to stay. But a lot went into it.
The storm has been downgraded from 4 to a 3 when it makes landfall.
Evacuating can be just as dangerous. Storm is going to go so far inland, that flooding is a threat into far reaching areas.
So the destination can be dangerous.
There's the traffic backups, the concern about such a long backup, that maybe we get stuck in the storm, or run out of gas when gas stations are out of gas or closed. I was assured by this friend that it was a strong house that has been through similar hurricanes.
Then there's my mother I need to watch over and take care of, and her health makes it hard for her to travel.

I guess the way I'd look at it is, sure inland may get flooding, but there's no question the further from the coast you get the safer you are. Would make me pretty nervous though. You could be cutoff and without power (or worse) for an extended period and subject to winds and storm surge that aren't anything to play around with.

Obviously we all have to make our own decisions but sounds shaky to me. Hurricanes are always over-hyped - until they aren't. I'm surprised the evacuations aren't mandatory that close to the shore....

Whatever you do stay safe and keep us posted.

Thanks for the insight.
Regarding mandatory evacuations, those have only happened for shoreline communities.

[emoji106] Don't mean to lecture! Stay safe brother :cheers:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well we can take comfort in this fact : this particular house withstood both Floyd and Fran.
Floyd was the more powerful of those 2, and likely more powerful than Florence will be, as Floyd was a #4 , and up to 155 mph, only 2 mph short of a Cat 5.

Hurricanes are definitely no joke but definitely unpredictable, I remember Charlie wasn't supposed to come near central Florida, then flat out kicked our ass. My advice, flashlights, batteries, canned goods, coolers upon coolers of booze. The key to hurricane survival in my opinion is keeping enough cold booze to last once the power is out. Stay safe brother, all joking aside, if you don't have a weather radio I'd get one, has helped keep me informed through the 5 I've been through.

Stay safe. I am on the VA Peninsula and we've been nervous about FLO all week. Latest news sounds a little better for us, but still could change direction again.

Looks like the main threat now will be excessive rain/storm surge.

In other news. London Fletcher has been nominated to the HOF this year. But will he accept it as a Ram who he won the Superbowl with or as a Redskin where he played the longest?

Doubt he'll make the final cut this go round.

But going in a Ram would probably help his chances of making it, eventually.

I don't think Fletch gets in this time around or even the next.

Does anyone else feel like the world is sleeping on the Redskins a bit?

Or is it just me?

Loved the game/outcome, but it was kinda obvious Bradford is on the downside after all his knee operations and other injuries. When the Skins beat a team on an upward arch is when the recognition will come: "Win and they shall come" as Kevin Costner might tell us. It's been an interesting season so far.

Initial thoughts: all obvious so not claiming any expertise here

- uh duhhhhh: good QB play makes all the difference

- defenses:
. have uptempo'd personnel speed and pressure
. seem to have adapted to WR physical changes by moving to taller DBs with longer arms
. LB speed in pass coverage is going to be more important as more teams move to play action formulas
. offenses seem to be ripping zone defenses with more ease
. staying off the field still a key which also means a good rotation is more important

- Offenses
. uh duhhhh: o-line protecting the QB is gonna be an imperative (always has been, of course)
. mobile QBs have the advantage
. still not seeing too many successful deep passing games
. as defenders get better precision route running becomes even more important
. red zone TD percentage is gonna separate the winners from the losers (duh); some teams seem to do well consistently others struggle (Skins)

Coaching: biggest difference maker in my book.

All obvious. Nothing technical - beyond my knowledge level and I don't have time to reread some books that explain all that stuff - too busy trying to get my MacBook Pro to speed up!!!

Does anyone else feel like the world is sleeping on the Redskins a bit?

Or is it just me?

A little, but it's only one game. Look at the Ravens.

If the Redskins win again in commanding fashion, they'll get a little more love. If they beat the Packers and/or Saints ... that will really get things rolling.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 4, Members: 0, Guests: 4)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.