• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

Burgundy Burner

The Commissioner
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score
Alma Mater
Virginia
...Because we finally need this thread. :)

First random Redskins thought ---

I liked what NBC did on Sunday night after Alfred's third touchdown and the game was decided. Having the cameras roll following the PAT and hearing/seeing "Hail To The Redskins" at FedEx was oh so sweet. The crowd was loud and the atmosphere was electric.

Kudos to NBC for not breaking away and letting the moment speak for itself.

I think merely showing the marching band for 4 seconds isn't enough, I think that they should be spotlighted during these big games. With all the schtick these "sideline reporters" and color commentators do, you think someone would give the fan base something that they want/like.

12 years in Florida (1996-2008) and I attended 5 Redskins games. 4 years back in the DMV and I have been to over 20, 3 training camps and 2 Draft Day Parties. This weekend will be the best as we win our 1st home playoff game in 12 years!

Last edited:
I think merely showing the marching band for 4 seconds isn't enough, I think that they should be spotlighted during these big games. With all the schtick these "sideline reporters" and color commentators do, you think someone would give the fan base something that they want/like.

i'm with you...i think a lot of the fanbases of football teams are built experiencing things like that. Memories of RFK rocking or the seat cushion game... iconic moments built by translating the gameday fan experience to TV.

Seahawks CB Richard Sherman on which Redskin WR scares him the most: "None of them."

Thanks for the bulletin board material, Dick!

Yeah, I just saw that. Garcon seems like the kind of guy who gets up for this kind of ****. I would expect a lot of trash talking on these guys if he has a good game.

Yeah, I just saw that. Garcon seems like the kind of guy who gets up for this kind of ****. I would expect a lot of trash talking on these guys if he has a good game.

Grant Paulsen posted Garçon's stats from his last 3 playoff games, and it was 100+, 65, 100+ yards and a TD in each game. He brings his A-game to the show, it seems.

I get kind of annoyed with London Fletcher being taken for granted. I was so happy and surprised to see him win NFC Defensive Player of the month for December. He is the reason this defense has gotten better, his resilience, determination, character all make me proud to be a fan of his team.

My favorite quotes coming from the hags are the ones about how if they take away the deep threat from Griffin and make us run, they have this game in the bag. Yep, recycling the Dallas game plan, can't wait :)

I liked what NBC did on Sunday night after Alfred's third touchdown and the game was decided. Having the cameras roll following the PAT and hearing/seeing "Hail To The Redskins" at FedEx was oh so sweet. The crowd was loud and the atmosphere was electric.

Kudos to NBC for not breaking away and letting the moment speak for itself.

Here it is on youtube [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzTcoPfdEC4[/media]

Gives you chills! It felt like I was IN the stadium for a minute. OH THE MEMORIES!

That dude in a dress at 2:09 (on the left-hand side) looks familiar.... :)

It's nice to watch bowl games and not give a crap what year the quarterbacks are coming out and what the skins draft position might be.

Yeah. So far 2012 looks like a once in a generation draft class for qb's.

Based on what we've seen I'd go as far to say that there isn't an obvious Cousins in there either. Still can't believe how far out of the park they hit it on the QB's.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.