• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

I don't mean based so much on game 1.

Personally I've really liked our off season moves. Talking with friends and family here for the past few months I was bullish on the Skins season.

O line back healthy, Reed back, Thompson back.
Guice was a great addition.
I thought Payne and Settle would really give us a formidable D line especially with Allen back.
I loved replacing Kirk with Smith.

I knew there were a lot of questions but also a lot of potential.

But no one else media or pundit wise seemed to agree. There was no “the Redskins could be the sleeper pick this year to be good” articles.

The first game just started answering some questions for me to start solidifying my opinion.

I agree theres a loooooooong way to go yet though.
Just wondered if it was just me at odds with media perception

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The short answer is the Redskins are coming off of three straight mediocre seasons. People will expect them to be mediocre until they aren't.

NFL pundits are particularly unimaginative when it comes to pre-season power rankings. Whatever a team was the year before, that's what the prediction will be, almost every time. Sometimes I wish one or two of the 'experts' would just take a chance now and then, but it is what it is.

What Henry said.

But we should expect improvements. We have a QB in Smith who, while not technically more talented than KC was, has a ton of experience, knows how to lead, and has proven he's makes exponentially fewer mistakes than his younger predecessor. We've brought in a DC not named Joe Barry, one who keeps it simple and aggressive. We've kept draft picks and used them on the trenches. We haven't started over with our head coach. We are younger, faster, stronger.

We saw glimpses of improvement last year before the ridiculous injuries struck. We looked good in game 1 and if we can just avoid losing huge numbers of critical guys, we will have a chance to win every game on our schedule, make the playoffs, and maybe even make playoff noise.

But we haven't done it yet. So as Henry would ask, why wouldn't anyone sleep on us?

They be sleeping on us for now.

But soon, they will want to sleep with us.

Or, at the very least, with Boone.

They be sleeping on us for now.

But soon, they will want to sleep with us.

Or, at the very least, with Boone.

No one's wanted to sleep with me since 1987.

But you should've seen me in 1987 :)

The game is rigged! :)
Rigged!.jpg

You missed Fear the Spear saying he was staying in Wilmington and probably wouldn't be able to post it. Hope he's okay. Not a peep from him since.

I'm about ready to trade Josh Norman for a bag of potatoes.

Post in the Game Thread if you're commenting about the game guys.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 12, Members: 0, Guests: 12)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.