• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

Was at work didn't check the date but you know how hard it is to find anything 13 for the skins, like having a hemmorhoid and eating salsa for a week

Hopefully all this waiting for Redskins football doesn't give us a concussion 150869712-612x612.jpg

Makes me want to head-butt something.

This time of the year is definitely the NFL doldrums. But things are about to heat up soon. Anything is possible. And hope springs eternal. The journey begins!

Makes me want to head-butt something.

This time of the year is definitely the NFL doldrums. But things are about to heat up soon. Anything is possible. And hope springs eternal. The journey begins!

Wish I had your optimism.

I don't think Gruden can scheme a run game if you give him Riggo, Jim Brown and The Hogs, but everyone is 0-0 right now.

Only 10 days to go, hopefully we'll make the NFC east Green with envy this year.

trent green.jpg

To me this year's club has the best talent on OL and DL in tandem in 20 years.

That and a capable veteran QB and top shelf RB are real causes for optimism.

What frustrates me is we could make a couple of moves to bring in a veteran WR and and an OG and really have covered our bases for 2018.

If Doctson flops or gets hurt the passing game could disappear for stretches.

Having an Anquan Boldin ‘type' veteran to help steady things would really help IMO.

And that type of player whether FA or trade would not be too expensive to obtain.

To me this year's club has the best talent on OL and DL in tandem in 20 years.

That and a capable veteran QB and top shelf RB are real causes for optimism.

What frustrates me is we could make a couple of moves to bring in a veteran WR and and an OG and really have covered our bases for 2018.

If Doctson flops or gets hurt the passing game could disappear for stretches.

Having an Anquan Boldin ‘type' veteran to help steady things would really help IMO.

And that type of player whether FA or trade would not be too expensive to obtain.

Very well could be the actual Anquan Boldin and I would not be upset...I believe he is still that talented.

His production has declined dramatically the past two years. Pass. He's going to want way more than he's worth, setting aside the 'yuck' factor.

We could have a very good receiving corps this season. Yes - I (like Bulldog) wanted a proven vet like Allen Robinson. The Skins went with Paul Richardson instead. Folks are writing him off, but he's a blazer. Were his modest stats in Seattle due to not getting enough opportunities, or is he a speedster and just an average WR - I don't think we can answer that yet. But he was a significant addition. If Reed is healthy (yeah, I know...) he immediately becomes a top 5 NFL target. And I think the 'x factor' in all this is how much of a homerun threat Guice turns out to be. If he turns out to be the most dangerous electric back in the 2018 draft, our receiving corps (including Crowder and Mr. Irrelevant) is going to benefit hugely. We may be in far better shape than we realize.

His production has declined dramatically the past two years. Pass. He's going to want way more than he's worth, setting aside the 'yuck' factor.

We could have a very good receiving corps this season. Yes - I (like Bulldog) wanted a proven vet like Allen Robinson. The Skins went with Paul Richardson instead. Folks are writing him off, but he's a blazer. Were his modest stats in Seattle due to not getting enough opportunities, or is he a speedster and just an average WR - I don't think we can answer that yet. But he was a significant addition. If Reed is healthy (yeah, I know...) he immediately becomes a top 5 NFL target. And I think the 'x factor' in all this is how much of a homerun threat Guice turns out to be. If he turns out to be the most dangerous electric back in the 2018 draft, our receiving corps (including Crowder and Mr. Irrelevant) is going to benefit hugely. We may be in far better shape than we realize.

I have a bit more confidence in Richardson because I feel like his modest stats had more to do with the fact that Russell Wilson had NOBODY blocking for him the last 2 seasons. Even when we played them, you could see that Wilson was running for his life, and he had to MAKE plays happen. Richardson hardly had a chance to run a proper route tree, and he still was one of the better deep ball WR in the league last year. I'm also at the point where I'm close to being done with the Jordan Reed project. IMHO, Davis and whoever our 3rd TE is need to see as many snaps as Reed does. Reed should never be asked to block, and if he's in on running downs, use him as a decoy and have him run a straight line. When he's right, he's one of the best weapons in the league... When he's not, he's a really expensive paperweight. Now I'm not trying to hate on him, but his value in my eyes is diminishing as the years continue, and we're still paying him $40 million over the next 4 years.... the balance is starting to fall into question.

All that said, I'm finding myself less hard on my stance about 'no chance in hell' to Dez. I dont know. The guy wore a star on his helmet so I immediately have animosity toward him. I do wonder what his skill set could bring to this offense, especially in the redzone. Now obviously money is a factor, and I would not even consider paying him anything substantial.... I also am not bringing him in to be 'the guy.' He doesn't have 'the guy' stuff anymore. He'd be a rotational veteran piece, that is utilized in certain circumstances. I DO NOT want to see him come in here and delay the development of the younger talent by swallowing up playing time. I REALLY want to see what Robert Davis can do this year, as well as Quinn. They both have a better chance of being here, and being effective in 3 years.... Dez is likely only going to have a measurable level of production for 1, maybe 2. I'm on the fence with it, because I hate the guy. I hate what he's done to us for years, I hate him and his stupid X celebration, and I hate the reputation he has and his nonsense. What I don't hate is the Washington Redskins winning football games, and if he can help... i dont know.

Now I'm not dumb enough to even think Dez would agree to any of that, but who knows....

I don't think Dez Bryant is capable of not being Dez Bryant. What this team doesn't need is a emotionally fragile veteran nearing the end of his career to cause distractions.

He is a hard pass for me.

I don't think Dez Bryant is capable of not being Dez Bryant. What this team doesn't need is a emotionally fragile veteran nearing the end of his career to cause distractions.

He is a hard pass for me.

And you're likely absolutely correct. It would be an unfair expectation for me to think he'll be anything other than what I can't stand. I'd love to have the talent, even at his age, but I don't want the rest of it...

I wouldn't say no to Dez, his production fell over the past 2 seasons because Romo was not throwing to him 12-15 times a game. Dak and he never developed any connection so when Romo was gone, so was Dez's productivity. Dallas was right to move on from his contract, but a team is going to sign him for a solid 1 year contract...why not us? They must stipulate drama free and I would even tell him incentive laden contract.

With that said, I'd still rather have Boldin...even at 38 he is still better than anything we have out wide.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 5, Members: 2, Guests: 3)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.