• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

I'll keep saying it. With an injury-riddled WR corps but relatively stocked TE group - why would you not move Jordan Reed to wideout and start Davis and Sprinkle at TE? It seems like an obvious temporary solution.

Gruden is not the most creative NFL thinker out there.

I suspect that we'll see plenty of two TE sets, but I'm not sure that you want Jordan Reed trying to get separation against any CB1.

I recall a time years ago when Jimmy Graham was giving Gronk a run for his money in New Orleans. Then surprisingly, a team played Asante Samuel against him one Sunday. He was exposed badly and other teams followed suit the rest of the season. His production dropped off dramatically and he was traded to Seattle at the end of the year.

I like the creative thinking and it may be a great idea. Or he may look very slow and unable to get open. Dallas may put their top CB on him anyway-- especially on third downs-- but I'm not sure if we should invite that.

You're missing the point :)

It doesn't matter if he's able to perform as a WR1. He's big, fast, and physical and will demand attention. It's a win-win. While he may not be as fast as a prototypical WR, he's far more athletic and physical - would be a huge challenge for most CBs to bring down after the catch. And even if he looked slow and was limited in the role, he would demand attention and that might well open up things for Davis, Sprinkle, and what little other talent we have WR-wise.

When you are as depleted as we are in the receiving and RB corps, my thinking is that you have to get your most talented offensive guys on the field, regardless of position. We can't be putting guys named Jehu Chesson out there in a critical game while we've got Davis or Sprinkle on the bench just watching.

I actually think it's a brilliant idea.

Well if he's covered by a LB, his stats might look like 10-97-2.

If he's covered by the speediest CB on the opposing team, he may be limited to only one or two catches all day.

Do you run the risk of removing your best receiving threat entirely from the game?

Both sides have merit. :claps:

OK, now I am nervous...

[video]https://www.foxsports.com/watch/the-herd-with-colin-cowherd/video/1348310595665[/video]

I'll keep saying it. With an injury-riddled WR corps but relatively stocked TE group - why would you not move Jordan Reed to wideout and start Davis and Sprinkle at TE? It seems like an obvious temporary solution.

Gruden is not the most creative NFL thinker out there.

He had some success with a 3 TE set last week.

On Vernon davis' td... Reed was lined up at wr. On richardson's tv... reed ran a flat route. We are lining reed up at WR

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

If it comes down to it, line Dunbar up at WR. The kid could probably line up both ways, not to mention he'd be a big target.

Is Quick hurt? If not, this would be a good time to establish himself since he couldn't do it in the pre-season.

Dunbar was questionable last I heard... I'd be worried about risking injury to arguably our best CB this year.

I want to see floyd get a shot at the top spot. I'm not expecting 1000 yards from him, but hes done the no 1 wr thing before and been effective...

Dunbar was questionable last I heard... I'd be worried about risking injury to arguably our best CB this year.

I want to see floyd get a shot at the top spot. I'm not expecting 1000 yards from him, but hes done the no 1 wr thing before and been effective...

We shoulda signed Dez.

We shoulda signed Dez.

I dont know why we haven't even talked to him... I hate the guy, but were in a position to seriously think playoffs. We need talent... we may have talked and it never got reported, but I doubt it

Dez against his old team? Now that would have opened things up for Jordan Reed.

I suspect that we'll see plenty of two TE sets, but I'm not sure that you want Jordan Reed trying to get separation against any CB1.

I recall a time years ago when Jimmy Graham was giving Gronk a run for his money in New Orleans. Then surprisingly, a team played Asante Samuel against him one Sunday. He was exposed badly and other teams followed suit the rest of the season. His production dropped off dramatically and he was traded to Seattle at the end of the year.

I like the creative thinking and it may be a great idea. Or he may look very slow and unable to get open. Dallas may put their top CB on him anyway-- especially on third downs-- but I'm not sure if we should invite that.

You're missing the point :)

It doesn't matter if he's able to perform as a WR1. He's big, fast, and physical and will demand attention. It's a win-win. While he may not be as fast as a prototypical WR, he's far more athletic and physical - would be a huge challenge for most CBs to bring down after the catch.

He's talking separation.
You're talking YAC.
But if he can't get separation against a CB1, which is a possibility, then he won't get many catches, so then YAC won't matter, because he won't have the opportunity.

Not really. Art Monk wasn't a speedster. He got plenty of separation. Reed, when he runs crisp routes, can get open against anyone. It's not like all of his catches are made against LBs and safeties guys. You all are vastly underestimating his speed, physicality, and hands.

Reed was a star QB in HS, not a TE. He was considered one of the top 10 dual threat QBs in the nation at the time. He learned to be a TE (he was recruited by Florida to BE a QB). If he made that transition he sure as hell could make the transition to WR.

We shoulda signed Dez.
Bullshit.

He's done. Everybody in the league knows it, too. Or he'd be signed by now.

A good coach could get top performances out of no name scrubs.

Besides, if my key is right, Doctson's gonna score 2 TD's Sunday.

**** Dez "Mama Slappin" Bryant.

**** Dallas.

And HTTR!!!

Bullshit.

He's done. Everybody in the league knows it, too. Or he'd be signed by now.

A good coach could get top performances out of no name scrubs.

Besides, if my key is right, Doctson's gonna score 2 TD's Sunday.

**** Dez "Mama Slappin" Bryant.

**** Dallas.

And HTTR!!!

You shut yer pie hole! He may not be a super star, but he's better than any WR we have suiting up this weekend.

Reports are circulating that we have inquired about Amari Cooper.

It doesn't appear that we're the frontrunners at this time.

The Raiders are seeking for a first in exchange.... I'd love him for a third.... and might even agree to a second.

Thoughts?

Reports are circulating that we have inquired about Amari Cooper.

It doesn't appear that we're the frontrunners at this time.

The Raiders are seeking for a first in exchange.... I'd love him for a third.... and might even agree to a second.

Thoughts?

Not for a 1st.
First of all, because he's got issues.
Second of all, because we should get the Brother Discount.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.