• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

What an absolute disaster. The only saving grace was the play of Josh Johnson late in the game.

D Hall has an interesting opinion. When you hire Mark Sanchez over Kaep, some of the players in the locker room will no longer take you seriously. I agree. I don't believe anyone could argue that Sanchez is better and keep a straight face.

But that was a coaching failure too. Wow that was ugly.

That comeback likely saved jobs tomorrow morning, but I wouldn't blame Dan if he just cleaned house.

What an absolute disaster. The only saving grace was the play of Josh Johnson late in the game.

D Hall has an interesting opinion. When you hire Mark Sanchez over Kaep, some of the players in the locker room will no longer take you seriously. I agree. I don't believe anyone could argue that Sanchez is better and keep a straight face.

But that was a coaching failure too. Wow that was ugly.

That comeback likely saved jobs tomorrow morning, but I wouldn't blame Dan if he just cleaned house.

I know Hall is just giving an opinion and is not giving out information about what he heard from players. But if a player actually thought that and didn't play hard because of that, that person should not be on this team. That's a poor teammate and someone who is stealing a paycheck. This is your job and your job is to go out and play hard. If you aren't playing hard because someone else isn't doing your job, then you aren't a winner. Even if the person not doing their job is the GM and/or coach. As fans, yeah we can all tap out. We can say we aren't watching or don't care, etc. But unless you are getting paid to be a fan, this isn't your job. This is just entertainment. But players, how can you say this is your job if you aren't even trying.

If Kaepernick somehow joined the team at this point I'd be out. Perfectly content with Johnson getting 3 more starts but a hell nah to Colin.

If Bruce Allen is still here next season. I may not watch another season. Its gotten so bad that something has to change. Right damn now.

We cannot handle another season with this idiot behind the wheels.

This is my protest. Let Synder get hit where it hurts. The wallet.

If Bruce Allen is still here next season. I may not watch another season. Its gotten so bad that something has to change. Right damn now.

We cannot handle another season with this idiot behind the wheels.

This is my protest. Let Synder get hit where it hurts. The wallet.

You'd like to think that the video's of fans leaving in droves at halftime would have an effect, but I guess he's happy as long as he's getting his FedEx money. Frankly the fans should ban together and not go to the last game. A completely empty stadium with only opposing team fans might do the trick.

The Redskins aren't the only team that suffered injuries at quarterback and failed to bring in Kaepernick.

I think to put all the blame on that is to miss the forest for the trees.

The Redskins season started to come unglued weeks ago in that game against the Falcons.

Washington came into that game having won a number of games and playing reasonably well on defense but ended up getting blown off the field by a team that hasn't won a game since. Atlanta got hammered by Cleveland last week.

The 16-3 win against Tampa, our last of the season to this point, was an awful football game. The Bucs were horrendous that day and didn't play at a level where they could be reasonably competitive with anyone else.

The lingering feeling I had after watching that game was that the Redskins if they were a very good football team should have won it going away by say a 27-3 score.

And of course there was the Monday night big spotlight game against the Saints. I don't think anyone expected the Redskins to go in there and beat the Saints outright, but to not play a tough, close, physical game again showed that this team is very inconsistent and not ready to perform in big spots.

We need a coach that is not afraid to perform under the lights and that will translate down to the players over time.

Remember when Parcells came in and took the 1-15 Jets to a 10-6 record the following year?

Football more than any other sport is dominated by coaches. You can win in the NBA or the NHL with a given coach, fire him and then win again with someone else in fairly short order. You can't do that in the NFL.

The Redskins resemble the coach. Gruden is a sometimes confident, sometimes insecure coach that tends to get jacked up during games, often failing to manage the game clock, timeouts, etc. well.

And that is the way his team looks.

Last edited:
Living Down Under makes what I do a lot easier than actually being closer to the game, but now I stay up as late as possible just so as I can sleep through a Redskins game. I am so used to that routine now, I actually forgot that it was 'game time' and finally went to bed about the time the game ended. I have only now looked at the scores (12.30pm Monday afternoon), and if anyone expected us to win, and expects us to win again this year, you are more deluded than Dan Snyder and Bruce Allen!

You should somehow try to do something else instead of watching the game. Watch a movie, play a game, listen to music, anything, but just don't go through with watching us lose.

Titans, Jags and Philly to come, and a lose against every one of them. 6-10 baby!

The team, since I can recall, has never built a solid base of vets who pass down and enforce a culture of winning and accountability. Cap or no cap (no, I do not mean crapperdick), this team's roster is a merry-go-round year in and year out.

26 years is enough water under the bridge for me to understand where the problem lies. We need new leadership/management - from the top on down to the field.

addendum: and this is painful as well as unrelated to this thread... :) ... I have friends who have run into Jerry Jones (e.g., random elevator run-in in one case). He actually sat down with these folks and talked to them for a while about football.

I wish I shared everyone's confidence on the Amari Cooper trade. A first was a hefty price to pay, but the finer details don't look so bad.

He's cheap and young at only 24 years of age. His salary this year? Only $700,000. Next year, $13.9 million. Next year he'll be in a contract year, looking to try and earn an OBJ contract in 2020.

Our division just got a whole lot tougher.

Cowboys 5-1 since signing Cooper. 3 more TDs today and he's only 24.

What I think the problem is that players who are declining in skills, or just don't put in the hard yards, know they will get a huge contract (or lots of money) from the Skins FO just because of who they are. I may be wrong but the huge contracts started with Archuleta, went all the way with Haynesworth, and hasn't really stopped.

The time has come for players who want to be here for football rather than to be paid. No more huge contracts (yes, Scandrick counts as he did what when with Washington?). How do we get around that, by sacking Allen and Snyder selling. Until then, expect more of the same.

nobody can explain how veterans like John Sullivan and Orlando Scandrick are signed here and then we let them walk away and they go to 10-2 and 10-3 teams and are now starters!

meanwhile, the Redskins are scrambling on the OL and at CB to find guys to plug in to play.

Roster construction and management are huge issues here and always have been.

Snyder may have brought in a guy like Allen that has held the GM title in the past, but that past has been less than stellar in terms of wins and losses.

It's not just Snyder absenting himself from the day to day operations of the team, it's Snyder knowing WHO to hire to direct the football operations and making the right decisions regarding PEOPLE.

For a marketing/sales guy he has never shown that he can adequately size people up and evaluate them in re their suitability with the Redskins.

You could have talked to Steve Spurrier for a half hour in a meeting and come away with the observation that here was a guy that wanted to keep things simple, coach younger players and be able to take a good portion of the offseason to spend on vacation.

The guy was unsuitable to be a head coach at the NFL level.

A smart owner like Cooke or the Rooneys would have seen that in a New York minute.

Compared to Spurrier Norv was a Hall of Fame head coach 🤪🤪🤪🤨🤪🤨🤨

The Redskins need to move on from Lauvao, Thompson and Reed in the offseason.

These guys simply can't stay healthy and they are no longer younger players.

It's only going to get worse as these guys age further.

Compared to Spurrier Norv was a Hall of Fame head coach 🤪🤪🤪🤨🤪🤨🤨

The Redskins need to move on from Lauvao, Thompson and Reed in the offseason.

These guys simply can't stay healthy and they are no longer younger players.

It's only going to get worse as these guys age further.

They should have moved on from Lauvao 2 years ago...

I feel like the beginning of the end for this staff was not getting Cousins signed to a fair deal after his first full year as a starter(2015?). The team didn't have a legit QB for 15 years, and they finally drafted one in the 4th round and they let him get away. Anyone remember Gruden talking about finally being able to open up his playbook a few month ago with the arrival of Alex Smith. What a load of BS that turned out to be. I think when let homegrown talent that hard to work hard for the opportunity get away it has subtle, negative effects on the team that linger for years.

Reed is hurt again and will be 29/30 next year. Thompson at RB is 28 and played 3 or 4 productive games this year.

Again, these guys are not going to age well based on their cumulative injury histories.

We need to move on.

And that requires a new GM with the stones to change the direction and find guys that can get on the field.

Any news on Alex Smith's health? Was curious if his leg infection is amputation level serious.

Hoping the hospital didn't wreck the guys life

Watching Seattle/Minn game: both teams seem so much better coached than you know who. Aside from AP, our guys always look to be in slo mo, a step behind. Some of it has to be a combination of coaching and player preparation.

Oh well.

Zimmer has to win the award for biggest disappointment this season.

When was the last time a HC did so little with so much talent? Jeff Fisher in LA?

Great WRs, and first and second rounders all over that defense.

The OC also looks like hot garbage.

Jacksonville is also in the running for the biggest flop this season. Like the Vikings, they were in the SB talk before the season began.

I just pray that we don't go after Blake Bortles in the offseason. That would be so Redskins.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.