• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

Gotta admit I wasn't aware of this show still on, but fwiw the Redskins are frontrunners for Hard Knox. Yay, I guess?

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/redskins/how-did-redskins-end-favorites-be-featured-hard-knocks

In the past I've not wanted the Redskins to be a part of this. However, I'm inclined to believe if we do get inside access to the inner workings at Redskins Park, fans might get glimpse of just how screwed up it is, Dan will get embarrassed he let Allen have the reigns for so long and fire him once and for all!

In the past I've not wanted the Redskins to be a part of this. However, I'm inclined to believe if we do get inside access to the inner workings at Redskins Park, fans might get glimpse of just how screwed up it is, Dan will get embarrassed he let Allen have the reigns for so long and fire him once and for all!

Gotta be a two-fer however: Dan takes responsbility and sells the team.

Here's an alternative prediction. Hard Knocks - if it happens - fires up our guys. They go out and surprise everyone in 2019 and win the NFC East. Gruden gets extended. And the Redskins are the team to beat in the NFC East for the next 10 years. No less likely than your predictions :)

Here's an alternative prediction. Hard Knocks - if it happens - fires up our guys. They go out and surprise everyone in 2019 and win the NFC East. Gruden gets extended. And the Redskins are the team to beat in the NFC East for the next 10 years. No less likely than your predictions :)

Ever the optimist!

Just 10 years?

I'd say you two were the optimists. My prediction is far more probable :)

Trap post but I'll bite.

I doubt it. The Iggles, for example, are a better run team.

Pretty sure Boone meant it was more probable that we become the team to beat in the NFC East for the next 10 years than it is for Dan to get embarrassed, fire Allen, and sell the team. :joyous:

Pretty sure Boone meant it was more probable that we become the team to beat in the NFC East for the next 10 years than it is for Dan to get embarrassed, fire Allen, and sell the team. :joyous:

That's the way I read his post as well.

I focused on the team to beat component. Present FOs compared, the Iggles are far better IMO; hence, zero chance for the the Skins to be the team to beat. I'll concede that "...it is for Dan.." is a long conjunctive and therefore a small probability. But not zero!

Fun aside, in the last 28 years which team hasn't been to a Conference title game? You know who is one of them!

Listened to Keim's podcast today. He had JP Finlay on - who got his first look at Dwayne Haskins yesterday. He said Haskins outshone Keenum and that the arm talent difference is noticeable. Says he's 'all in' on Haskins starting Week 1. Just a sports reporter and only a first impression. But what folks are talking about most is his size, his arm, and that he seems cool, collected, and in command in the huddle. Haskins saying all the right things right now, talking about taking baby steps, how much he has to learn, and being focused on calling plays correctly and on timing with unfamiliar receivers. An interviewer asked him if he was 'intimidated'. 'No - football is football'.

Listened to Keim's podcast today. He had JP Finlay on - who got his first look at Dwayne Haskins yesterday. He said Haskins outshone Keenum and that the arm talent difference is noticeable. Says he's 'all in' on Haskins starting Week 1. Just a sports reporter and only a first impression. But what folks are talking about most is his size, his arm, and that he seems cool, collected, and in command in the huddle. Haskins saying all the right things right now, talking about taking baby steps, how much he has to learn, and being focused on calling plays correctly and on timing with unfamiliar receivers. An interviewer asked him if he was 'intimidated'. 'No - football is football'.

I listened to that this morning on the way to work. Was a nice little podcast.

They did say they were interested to see what happens when Haskins gets a little pressure as Keenum looks more slippery in that sense, and they won't know that till Haskins starts to face proper drills rather than non contact, but what I'm hearing is very encouraging. The interview with him at the end was very telling too, he seems about a million miles away from RGIII when he was here in 2012.

They also said that one of the most impressive things about him is that he seems to already established himself as a 'leader' for the offense. He takes charge.

When posting tweets, do you have to have an account to copy/paste them to here?

No. You just enclose the 10 digit code at the end of the tweet address in between [tweet] and [/tweet] codes. Don't use the whole url. Also, sometimes you have to refresh the screen once for the tweet to appear.

If you use the 'Go Advanced' option, there is a little 'tweet' icon that'll do it automatically.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Boone, I'm partially retarded with tech (27%). Would have never guessed the tweet copying method either, lol.

Skins made it official putting Reuben Foster on IR, then signing Jon Bostic. Gotta admit I was a little excited at first thinking we signed Jeff's kid or nephew. Still a good signing, dude wraps up when tackling, Lord knows we need more of that.

Edit: https://www.thescore.com/nfl/news/1776253

Any LB depth signing is a good one right now... you aren't likely to find a difference-making replacement for a guy like Foster at this stage of the offseason without giving up major capital. I don't think we want to do that without knowing Fosters future. Have to assume he'll be back healthy in a year.

I hate we lost him. But we didn't have him on the roster last year, we added huge defensive pieces in Landon Collins and Montez Sweat, the UNC kid may prove to be a baller, and Moreland is an underrated corner. If we can just stay healthy on defense, we're top 10, and maybe better than that.

Any LB depth signing is a good one right now... you aren't likely to find a difference-making replacement for a guy like Foster at this stage of the offseason without giving up major capital. I don't think we want to do that without knowing Fosters future. Have to assume he'll be back healthy in a year.

I hate we lost him. But we didn't have him on the roster last year, we added huge defensive pieces in Landon Collins and Montez Sweat, the UNC kid may prove to be a baller, and Moreland is an underrated corner. If we can just stay healthy on defense, we're top 10, and maybe better than that.

I just talked to a real Steelers' fan, who knows football, and he tells me the only reason the Steelers moved on was because he's just a step slower than you'd want from an ILB, but definitely has a nose for the football. They just covet the ILB position too much and had to move on. We are his 5th team since being drafted by the Bears in 2013 so there's that.

I just talked to a real Steelers' fan, who knows football, and he tells me the only reason the Steelers moved on was because he's just a step slower than you'd want from an ILB, but definitely has a nose for the football. They just covet the ILB position too much and had to move on. We are his 5th team since being drafted by the Bears in 2013 so there's that.

Trade-off then: we could use a strong tackler between the tackles; on the flip side, our LBs have been suspect for years in pass coverage. In the event, worth a shot.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.