• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

Yeah, my dream job used to be photographer for the Redskins, I just don't have the passion for it anymore. I've changed my dream job...I want to work for National Geographic or Discovery Channel, or Smithsonian Magazine.

Although I don't blame you a bit, documenting nature would be a dream job for me too. Problem is my pics are the equivilent to stick figures in the photo world. Ya never know, Haskins & the 2019 draft picks may change your mind and bring you back in!

out.jpg

McNugget all but begging to be in the hall. I say no but that's partially due to all of Dan's F up's back in the day can be summed up with that deal. I swear if we had cctv of redskin park back then it would show Dan riding around on Vinny's shoulders yelling..."Master Blaster runs barter town"

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/26818249/mcnabb-stumping-hall-famer

McNugget all but begging to be in the hall. I say no but that's partially due to all of Dan's F up's back in the day can be summed up with that deal. I swear if we had cctv of redskin park back then it would show Dan riding around on Vinny's shoulders yelling..."Master Blaster runs barter town"

McNabb is in the same category as a few other NFC East QBs that had really good careers, but not Hall Of Fame careers. Guys like Simms, Romo, Theismann, and Cunningham. In my opinion, Eli Manning is in that same category, but because of his 2 SBs and mostly because of his last name, he will get into the hall. McNabb's time with the Redskins certainly didn't help his case. And his constant complaining about not being in the Hall of Fame certainly isn't helping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How many HOFers are let go by their team at age 32? He then got released after a single year in DC, and released again after a single year in Minny. He only threw for more than 3500 three times in 13 seasons. Career passing completion rate? A yawn-worthy 59%. He was on a lot of good Eagles teams but was never more than a good QB. His stats tell the story.

How many HOFers are let go by their team at age 32? He then got released after a single year in DC, and released again after a single year in Minny. He only threw for more than 3500 three times in 13 seasons. Career passing completion rate? A yawn-worthy 59%. He was on a lot of good Eagles teams but was never more than a good QB. His stats tell the story.

Yeah he's the equivalent to an unflushed turd to me. Westbrook saved his behind in soooo many games. If he gets voted in the prestige of it all takes a serious hit in the nards.

Just fyi Skins stuff, nothing 'breaking'

"John Keim
ESPN Staff Writer
Some OTA practice observations: 1) Corner Jimmy Moreland continues to stand out. He had three picks today, which of course is fantastic. But the key is that he's always around the ball and seemingly in the right spot. 2) Quarterback Dwayne Haskins made some throws that few others here have been able to make – lofting a deep ball with perfect trajectory to Jehu Chesson that should have been caught. But Haskins also was a little off on other throws (Moreland took advantage and picked three of those off; the fourth was a tipped pick). Case Keenum looked sharper and connected a few times with Trey Quinn on underneath routes. 3) Linebacker Montez Sweat is impressive. When the pads come on, it'll be interesting to see him used on some inside rushes; he drove rookie guard Wes Martin back today. Sweat runs so well. 4) I don't know what Domonique Rodgers-Cromartie will do, but he's an engaging personality with veteran savvy. Could see him anticipating routes and reading the quarterback."

Moreland is starting to sound like a steal by early indications.This draft class will be so much fun to watch!

[video]http://www.nbcsports.com/washington/video/redskins-host-military-members-special-practice-otas?ls=social-vid[/video]

Good stuff interacting with the troops.

Moreland is starting to sound like a steal by early indications.This draft class will be so much fun to watch!

Yeah the Moreland pick is an interesting one to watch.

He's been a certified ball-hawk so far in the OTA's, instincts like that are rare to find.

But all the reports I've seen so far, including from Keim, do say that he still has a lot to learn and sometimes gets beaten soundly on routes due to his lack of size/strength.
Still if he can learn to mitigate that stuff we could have a real diamond at CB.

I heard the interview Keim did with him, he's certainly confident enough in his abilities.

LaConfora is over on Twitter suggesting Trent Williams is demanding a trade. FFS!

Just saw that. Said Trent pissed at how team handled last medical issue with growth on head. I was unaware there was any controversy around that.

LaConfora is over on Twitter suggesting Trent Williams is demanding a trade. FFS!

If it were anyone but La Confora I'd probably believe it but he has been so off the mark...

Trent better play this one carefully. I get the privacy part. I also get a team that backed him when he was busted for pot use - not once, but twice.

If it were anyone but La Confora I'd probably believe it but he has been so off the mark...

Yeah, I'll believe it when it comes from someone reliable. He might be right, but his track record suggest not to jump on everything he says as truth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The whole thing is bizarre on a number of fronts, just to name a few:

1) We haven't heard a peep about TW being unhappy before now. NOT hearing when a Redskins player is unhappy has never seemed to be a problem previously.

2) Yesterday, he was upset with his contract and wants more money. Today it's about the team doctors.

3) He wants an extension. He wants to be traded. Which is it?

4) Teammates he is close with don't seem to be aware of any major beef he has with team doctors.

5) The health problem he had has ZERO to do with football. It's a personal health issue he could see any MD about. Did he ask a team MD to look at it, get a 'it's no big deal' and then find out it was something much worse? Okay - if that's what went on, it happens every day in every doctor's office in America. That's a reason to threaten to abandon your teammates?

6) Despite all the swirl and uproar of the last 24 hours, zero public comment or clarification from either TW or his agent.

7) Regardless of whether this is about the contract, or about his health or doctors - you wait until now to make a big issue out of it?

Pretty bizarre situation. And anyway you slice it, I don't think it speaks very well of TW and his level of 'professionalism'.

I'm don't believe anyone but Trent, his agent, and maybe a couple of folks in the Skins front office know what is going on for sure.

Some of Keim's notes over at ESPN

"...John Keim
ESPN Staff Writer
Leftover observations from minicamp: 1) The Redskins absolutely need Trent Williams back, which should be obvious. It's very hard to measure the play of the OL or DL without pads, but it's hard to imagine Ereck Flowers being a viable option at this point. I'm not sold on him as a LG, but we'll see more in camp; poor technique at one spot doesn't turn into good technique at another. But we'll learn more in August. 2) Rookie QB Dwayne Haskins makes some throws that reveal his special arm talent; and then other times he'll fail to get his feet turned to make a throw under duress, leading to poor throws. The key for him will be quickening his reads to give his feet more time to turn. Sometimes those throws, even with his feet turned elsewhere, work. Sometimes. But the talent is obvious. 3) Trey Quinn didn't practice Thursday, but overall seems to have had a good spring. He'll be a factor; he's tough. But they will need to see who can back him up. They have young options, but all unproven. 4) I've enjoyed watching Domonique Rodgers-Cromartie. He's a smart, savvy vet who will make others better. If a receiver does not sell a certain route, he will not bite. That's good for the young wideouts, such as Terry McLaurin. Coaches will focus on his ability to change speeds to con the corner. Rodgers-Cromartie isn't easily fooled. Entering camp, he appears to be someone who can have a range of value – as a mentor and someone who shares information with offensive guys (including Haskins). He can play slot corner and outside and will rotate to safety in various coverages (no, not full-time)....."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.