• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

I think the Cowboys are done.

They haven't been competitive in recent weeks.

But they did release Darren McFadden so the team should be a bit better now :laugh:

I think the Cowboys are done.

They haven't been competitive in recent weeks.

But they did release Darren McFadden so the team should be a bit better now :laugh:

If the Skins come out Thursday night and thump them, I would not be surprised if Garrett was released before the weekend was over. Few Coaches have been given as much slack as that guy. Here's to hoping the Redskins only win by a last minute FG so Garrett does not get fired! :encouragement:

If the Skins come out Thursday night and thump them, I would not be surprised if Garrett was released before the weekend was over. Few Coaches have been given as much slack as that guy. Here's to hoping the Redskins only win by a last minute FG so Garrett does not get fired! :encouragement:

Jerry Jones's ego is too tied up in Garrett succeeding, and he will give him excuses just as before. With Elliot out, he's got the excuse of saying the world was against them and they got screwed over.

Garrett ain't getting fired this season.

I know it's the knee-jerk tendency for fans to ask, if we could use any random released player.
But if there's ever a time we could use someone like him, even at his age, it's this very Redskins team, at this stage of injuries.
At least he would add a veteran presence. All 3 of our backs are rookies.
And I know it's the tendency to think teams can pump players for info on upcoming games, but there must be something we could get out of him as far as their offense goes, and we should take we whatever advantage we can get, because we'll need it.

Jerry Jones's ego is too tied up in Garrett succeeding, and he will give him excuses just as before. With Elliot out, he's got the excuse of saying the world was against them and they got screwed over.

Garrett ain't getting fired this season.

This is accurate.

Last edited:
Some nice tributes to Sean today on ESPN. Man, it still chokes me up. Miss you, Sean.

Philly is a monster for sure. The Raiders looked that way last year until...

Seahawks – (PLAYED! WON!) Still 2 games ahead but we hold the tiebreak (They beat a weak 49ers team only just. This week they play the Eagles, a much tougher challenge!)

Panthers – (PLAYED! WON!) Still 2 games ahead (Have the Saints up next, who lost to the Rams. Here's hoping they bounce back and beat the Panthers)

Lions – (PLAYED! LOSS!)1 games ahead. (Up against the Ravens this week who are 5-5 so may give the Lions a loss if we're lucky).

Falcons – (PLAYED! WON!) Still 1/2 game ahead (Still have the Saints twice - 2 losses please! AND the Seahawks, the Panthers and the Vikings. Their end of season is brutal.)

Packers – (PLAYED! LOSS!) Level (Played the Steelers close, but I think they're fading now. Buccs up next and a tough division to win out in.)

Cardinals – (PLAYED! WON!)
Still Level (Damn I was hoping the Jax Jags might just do us a favour. Next up for them is the LA RAMS who maybe stand a better chance of helping us out!)

Cowboys – (PLAYED! LOSS) Level (They're next up on our slate! Must Win! AND they still have tough games against the Eagles and the Seahawks to come too.)

Buccaneers – (PLAYED! LOSS) 1 game behind (Packers up next. Could be a close one. A Tie would be great! If not either one winning helps us.)

Alex Smith's trendline this season is a warning shot to those that believe quarterbacks can move into that 'elite' category given time and experience.

Smith was hot for 7 games and now if you combine his numbers from the 5-1 start with the 1-5 current streak you get an overall picture of what Smith usually produces on a prorated basis.

That's one of the dangers in thinking that Case Keenum's remarkable season is more than that. The odds are he reverts to the mean in 2018 for whichever team overpays him in free agency.

In the NFL with the salary cap it is much better to take a quarterback high and gamble on him (if your front office genuinely likes him) than to sign a free agent or soon to be free agent a King's ransom for 5-6 years.

The way the NFL is set up with the CBA, if a rookie QB doesn't work out you can be rid of his contract in 3 years with a middling cap hit.

But if you sign a Jay Cutler (Bears) or even a Joe Flacco (who won a SB but has not been consistent overall before or after) to a mega-contract it prevents your team from being competitive at other positions for years to come.

The Packers can sign Aaron Rodgers to an extension because he IS their team. With him they are in the NFC Championship,without him they are 0-4 and fading from even a wildcard.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Most interesting Redskins note today: Jonathan Allen (foot) seen doing some work. Gruden says the DL "is right on schedule to return." W/b Week 15.</p>— Ben Standig (@BenStandig) <a href="https://twitter.com/BenStandig/status/935232496404451329?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 27, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Should we want him to come back or shut him down to get him ready for next season?

IMO, if he's cleared medically, let him play.

I just want to know: why is Joe Barry on the image cycle for the top right? I felt like I was having PTSD flashbacks.

Part of Redskins history now, like it or not :)

Seahawks – (PLAYED! WON!) Still 2 games ahead but we hold the tiebreak (They beat a weak 49ers team only just. This week they play the Eagles, a much tougher challenge!)
-Wouldn't be surprised to see them finish at 9 & 7. They're 7-4 now but next 3 are - Phi; Jag's & Rams. Followed by Dallas & Cards (who always play them well).​
Panthers – (PLAYED! WON!) Still 2 games ahead (Have the Saints up next, who lost to the Rams. Here's hoping they bounce back and beat the Panthers)
- They already have 8 wins so I expect them to get to at least 10. Currently they have a slight edge (conference record 2 fewer losses) in the tie-breaker. They're last 5 are all conference games​
Lions – (PLAYED! LOSS!)1 games ahead. (Up against the Ravens this week who are 5-5 so may give the Lions a loss if we're lucky).
- Detroit has a pretty soft schedule left (Bal; TB; Chi; Cin; GB.) Currently they have a slight edge (conference record 1 more win and 1 less loss) in the tie-breaker.​
Falcons – (PLAYED! WON!) Still 1/2 game ahead (Still have the Saints twice - 2 losses please! AND the Seahawks, the Panthers and the Vikings. Their end of season is brutal.)
- They'll have a hard time getting 3 more wins but if so Washington will probably lose on the tie breaker as the Falcons are 6-1 in the conference while Skins are 4-5.)​
Packers – (PLAYED! LOSS!) Level (Played the Steelers close, but I think they're fading now. Buccs up next and a tough division to win out in.)
- Without Rodgers the Pack will be back - next year. Last 3 games are; Car; Min & Det​
Cardinals – (PLAYED! WON!) Still Level (Damn I was hoping the Jax Jags might just do us a favour. Next up for them is the LA RAMS who maybe stand a better chance of helping us out!)
- They handled the Jags pretty well yesterday although I don't see them winning out. Might they spoil Washington's chances in Week 15? Wouldn't be a shocking upset.​
Cowboys – (PLAYED! LOSS) Level (They're next up on our slate! Must Win! AND they still have tough games against the Eagles and the Seahawks to come too.)
- Both teams have to win out. Without Elliott they're same team that lost 11 games before he was drafted. They actually haven't run badly but they can't score so they can't run often. A game the Skins should handle easily - like the Giants game. Seeing how that went, Skins will stumble through to get a win.​
Buccaneers – (PLAYED! LOSS) 1 game behind (Packers up next. Could be a close one. A Tie would be great! If not either one winning helps us.)
- Without Winston they're a mess. At 4 & 7 - put a fork in em, they're done.​

OK - tie breaker is Conference record if there's no head to head match. Skins only have 3 games left to play in the conference and they're at 4-5. They're behind the top teams on the list so 9-7 won't cut it unless it's a tie with Seattle. Chargers are playing well and for their division title so that game in LA will be tuff. The Cards are a team that has played above their record recently. Last 3 games (1 & 2) they've had the top passer & top receivers in all 3 plus top rb in 2 of the 3. That was Seattle, Jags & Houston.

Has Ryan Anderson been a disappointment ?
Because it seems like I've hardly heard his name mentioned during any of the games, and seemingly never mentioned on forums during the regular season.

Last edited:
Has Ryan Anderson been a disappointment ?
Because it seems like I've hardly heard his name mentioned during any of the games, and seemingly never mentioned on forums during the regular season. Or is he just stuck behind the crowd of Smith, Gallette, and Kerrigan at his position, with OLB being one of the very few positions not plagued with injuries ?

I think he's pretty much a North & South guy. When I've noticed him him go towards the middle field (like on a running play) he looks a little lost. Maybe they don't practice much with moving him towards the inside after the play starts.
The Skins are limited on plays they can use him on at the moment & it probably stays that way till next year. If he was playing better than Galette he'd be getting more snaps; Washington wouldn't be sitting the better player.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.