• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

I'd like to see what Aguayo can do, if he's got his head on straight, because he left FSU as one of the best kickers in NCAA history.

We know the kid from FSU can't connect from 50.

Given that they're equal from 40 yards in, I'd give each of them 10 attempts from 55 yards. The winner gets the job.

I'd like to see what Aguayo can do, if he's got his head on straight, because he left FSU as one of the best kickers in NCAA history.

He was 4 of 10 from 40 to 49 yards.

He's never made a kick from 50 in the NFL, and his kickoffs are crap.

Unless he's trained with Trent Murphy and Matt I. (Yes, I went there) I'd pass.

He was 4 of 10 from 40 to 49 yards.

He's never made a kick from 50 in the NFL, and his kickoffs are crap.

Unless he's trained with Trent Murphy and Matt I. (Yes, I went there) I'd pass.

I know what he did in Tampa, but you don't lose the ability to do what he did at FSU, and lose it altogether unless there is head issues. If he can get his head on straight, he has unlimited potential. If he can't, it'd be obvious.

I'd like to see...if the team feels he's still struggling like he did at Tampa, I'm fine with that. But that kid was special, I cannot see how it couldn't translate to the NFL if he's grown enough.

My vote would be to go with a veteran who has shown he can make pressure kicks in the past, even if his range is somewhat shorter than it used to be.

I am not worried about a guy making a 55 yarder.

I am worried about a guy missing a 39 or 42 yarder in the fourth quarter that would have won us the game.

How are you supposed to respond to someone who talks about context, excusing a QB who has had more than half a season and an entire off-season to learn an offense, but that QB regresses week in and week out? If he were getting better, then sure...we'll cut him some slack. But he's not...we've seen regression in his play, at best stagnation.

I haven't excused anything. You continue to ignore, over and over and over, my only point. That we've AGAIN had epic injuries, particularly on offense, so much so that Smith has had a different OL and different receivers every single week. When you're a QB learning a new system, that makes it very hard to develop chemistry and consistency. That is the context I'm talking about and you literally refuse to acknowledge it as a primary factor in our offensive woes. I haven't made excuses, I've cited Smith's competency and solid performance his entire career - again, a characterization every NFL GM and talent evaluator in the league would unanimously agree with.

I think my take, whether you agree or not, is a perfectly reasonable one.

I just have one thing to say...

sweeptheleg.jpg

I haven't excused anything. You continue to ignore, over and over and over, my only point. That we've AGAIN had epic injuries, particularly on offense, so much so that Smith has had a different OL and different receivers every single week. When you're a QB learning a new system, that makes it very hard to develop chemistry and consistency. That is the context I'm talking about and you literally refuse to acknowledge it as a primary factor in our offensive woes. I haven't made excuses, I've cited Smith's competency and solid performance his entire career - again, a characterization every NFL GM and talent evaluator in the league would unanimously agree with.

I think my take, whether you agree or not, is a perfectly reasonable one.

I'd agree with the injury assertion if our decimated line didn't just perform as well as you could possibly expect from such a rag tag group, and Smith still did what? Just enough? I know what you keep saying, I hear it, but we were wrong about Smith to expect him to carry the offense, and he's had enough time. New offense excuse is valid for maybe 4 games into the season.

Kyle Shanahan can start a literal no name rookie and get production out of a passing game.

But for some reason, the Redskins can't get production out of a 14 year veteran,who supposedly has "seen it all".

Why is that?

My vote would be to go with a veteran who has shown he can make pressure kicks in the past, even if his range is somewhat shorter than it used to be.

I am not worried about a guy making a 55 yarder.

I am worried about a guy missing a 39 or 42 yarder in the fourth quarter that would have won us the game.

I would think that too, except I remember Eddie Murray being short on a 49 yd FG back in 2000. You can't have a kicker that can't hit the long FG. Plus, you need a kickoff guy that can knock them into the end zone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kyle Shanahan can start a literal no name rookie and get production out of a passing game.

But for some reason, the Redskins can't get production out of a 14 year veteran,who supposedly has "seen it all".

Why is that?

Winning is more important than QB "production".
In fact, winning is the best evidence of production.
Shanahan and his QB's production couldn't even get a win against the Giants.
I'll take our position over the 49ers 1-8 record.
And no team is doing everything right.

The offense has struggled to score all year no matter who's been on the field.

Not trying to be mean, not upset at all. We are what we are.

A decent defense that struggles against the pass and a bad offensive team that can't hardly score even in times when the defense gives them a short field.

We very well may sneak into a playoff spot but it'll be just a cameo appearance.

Maybe that saves Jay's job, maybe it won't.

I kinda line up with your posts DP.

And with that, out of the pan and into the fire:

1. The MO is out - this defense cannot stop good QBs with decent receivers.

2. Notice how Tampa decided to receive the ball in the first half? I'm chuckling but I held my breath as Tampa promptly moved down the field - the Skins have only won games in which they took the lead first.

3. I was an Alex backer partly because I believe Cousins was prone to picks in critical moments. Now I see that Alex just doesn't have the arm strength and cannot carry a team. I agree with whoever posted that Alex needs to be surrounded by superior talent.

4. I don't believe in this FO (or past ones) - too much water under that bridge. So sue me!!! In the end, too many other teams have big turn-arounds in short spans of time. We have basically muddled around since 1992 never building a top level team. At some point, one must concede that this constitutes a pattern. These guys simply don't know how to build quality teams - from where I sit, they attack the problem piece-meal rather than holistically...always patching the latest holes in the team tires.

5. Who are the leaders? Quiet locker-room or not, I'm not seeing it/them.

6. It's well, painful watching this offense. I just can't do it anymore! Yea, AP brings a measure of professionalism and quality to the scene. But where's the rest of the team?

7. Whatever Jay Gruden is...he's no BB and he's no Joe Gibbs. I don't know what he is but he doesn't strike me as an inspirational leader who demands and receives premium effort. I continue to believe he is consistently out-coached by the better coaches in the league...but what do I know? I just observe the product on the field year after year.

In the end, it's an instinct to watch, though I find it ever easier to duck out early when the signals are there. 6-3? That's nice. It would be great if the Skins were perennial basement dwellers and we never knew victory - this season would be heaven. But that's not the case. This team has been mediocre forever. Not dregs - just not serious competition for the better teams; a no-mans land that empties the wind from one's sails with amazing regularity.

Well.....he said with resignation....it's amazing how far back this all goes as Redskins fans. With few exceptions, we're always searching for answers. Frankly, the highlight for me in the last ten years was RG III's rookie season. Whether he was a putz or not, that was an exciting season. Now? Who the heck knows. I also agree with Henry that the NFL has lost its luster.

Count me among those who believe it's beyond the abilities of this FO to build a championship team. Call it bad karma or terrible luck, doesn't matter to me, I just don't see it after all these years.

As for not knowing what will happen...well, there is a good sized body of evidence under the current leadership to know enough to be concerned. You can wear your burgundy and gold glasses all you want...I'll stick to defending my frustration with a poor performance. I'm fine with it. And as long as I'm a member on this site, if I see a big pile of steaming shit, I'm going to call it a big pile of steaming shit. Glad you won't let it get to you, because it won't change.
It's all good, brother. I know you won't let my Homeritus get to you either.
We're a team!:thewave:

BTW, in my former life as a landscape gardener, there were many times I would spread big piles of steaming shit (we calls it....manure) throughout someone's garden, bringing forth food, and flowers, for the enjoyment of our people. Now, you are one of my people. And I will continue to fertilize your love for our team. With er um, manure?:cheesy:

BTW, in my former life as a landscape gardener, there were many times I would spread big piles of steaming shit (we calls it....manure) throughout someone's garden, bringing forth food, and flowers, for the enjoyment of our people. Now, you are one of my people. And I will continue to fertilize your love for our team. With er um, manure?:cheesy:

Not human waste. ;)

Hmmm, Cooley says Cooper filled in really well based on his film review!

Al Galdi
‏@AlGaldi
How bout this from @TheCooleyZone to me on @Team980: "Jonathan Cooper can play. It's legit the best performance we've had at LG this season...they did find a solution at LG...There's no question in my mind...that Cooper can play...and is probably an upgrade at LG." #Redskins

I was thrilled that our reshuffled OL was able to produce at all. Cooper has been in the league awhile and did a good job. But I'm not going to gush over play in a single game. Do it the rest of the year and we'll talk.

Winning is most important. But why is it so bad to ask for the passing game to be competent?
Not asking for 350-500 yd games but is 250 too much to ask?
I love that we finally want to be a running team. But you at least need to be competent to back the defense out of the box so they just can't always tee off on the run.

One more thing: it's Week 11.

Isn't it about time to take the bubble wrap off of Jordan Reed?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.