A Burgundy and Gold Obsession
Round 1

Page 1219 of 1249 FirstFirst ... 219719111911691209121712181219122012211229 ... LastLast
Results 24,361 to 24,380 of 24975
    2016 BGO FF Champion
    BGObsessed

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Air Force

Default Re: Random Redskins Thoughts

Gotta admit I wasn't aware of this show still on, but fwiw the Redskins are frontrunners for Hard Knox. Yay, I guess?

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington...ed-hard-knocks
    0 0 0 0

“All right, they’re on our left, they’re on our right, they’re in front of us, they’re behind us. They can’t get away this time.” - Chesty Puller

2016 BGO Survivor Champ

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Florida State

Quote Originally Posted by Win4us View Post
    Gotta admit I wasn't aware of this show still on, but fwiw the Redskins are frontrunners for Hard Knox. Yay, I guess?

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington...ed-hard-knocks
    In the past I've not wanted the Redskins to be a part of this. However, I'm inclined to believe if we do get inside access to the inner workings at Redskins Park, fans might get glimpse of just how screwed up it is, Dan will get embarrassed he let Allen have the reigns for so long and fire him once and for all!
    0 3 0 0

The more things change...the more they stay the same. It's like deja vu all over again.

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elephant View Post
    In the past I've not wanted the Redskins to be a part of this. However, I'm inclined to believe if we do get inside access to the inner workings at Redskins Park, fans might get glimpse of just how screwed up it is, Dan will get embarrassed he let Allen have the reigns for so long and fire him once and for all!
    Gotta be a two-fer however: Dan takes responsbility and sells the team.
    0 0 0 0

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    Marine Corps Virginia

Here's an alternative prediction. Hard Knocks - if it happens - fires up our guys. They go out and surprise everyone in 2019 and win the NFC East. Gruden gets extended. And the Redskins are the team to beat in the NFC East for the next 10 years. No less likely than your predictions
    0 1 0 0

You ain't bonafide

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Boone View Post
    Here's an alternative prediction. Hard Knocks - if it happens - fires up our guys. They go out and surprise everyone in 2019 and win the NFC East. Gruden gets extended. And the Redskins are the team to beat in the NFC East for the next 10 years. No less likely than your predictions
    Ever the optimist!

Just 10 years?
    0 0 0 0

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    Marine Corps Virginia

I'd say you two were the optimists. My prediction is far more probable
    0 1 0 0

You ain't bonafide

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'd say you two were the optimists. My prediction is far more probable
    Trap post but I'll bite.

I doubt it. The Iggles, for example, are a better run team.
    0 0 0 0

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by fansince62 View Post
    Trap post but I'll bite.

I doubt it. The Iggles, for example, are a better run team.
    Pretty sure Boone meant it was more probable that we become the team to beat in the NFC East for the next 10 years than it is for Dan to get embarrassed, fire Allen, and sell the team.
    1 2 0 0

hailus redskinus
    COYS

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Neophyte View Post
    Pretty sure Boone meant it was more probable that we become the team to beat in the NFC East for the next 10 years than it is for Dan to get embarrassed, fire Allen, and sell the team.
    That's the way I read his post as well.

I focused on the team to beat component. Present FOs compared, the Iggles are far better IMO; hence, zero chance for the the Skins to be the team to beat. I'll concede that "...it is for Dan.." is a long conjunctive and therefore a small probability. But not zero!

Fun aside, in the last 28 years which team hasn't been to a Conference title game? You know who is one of them!
    0 0 0 0

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    Marine Corps Virginia

Listened to Keim's podcast today. He had JP Finlay on - who got his first look at Dwayne Haskins yesterday. He said Haskins outshone Keenum and that the arm talent difference is noticeable. Says he's 'all in' on Haskins starting Week 1. Just a sports reporter and only a first impression. But what folks are talking about most is his size, his arm, and that he seems cool, collected, and in command in the huddle. Haskins saying all the right things right now, talking about taking baby steps, how much he has to learn, and being focused on calling plays correctly and on timing with unfamiliar receivers. An interviewer asked him if he was 'intimidated'. 'No - football is football'.
    0 0 0 0

You ain't bonafide

BGObsessed
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Listened to Keim's podcast today. He had JP Finlay on - who got his first look at Dwayne Haskins yesterday. He said Haskins outshone Keenum and that the arm talent difference is noticeable. Says he's 'all in' on Haskins starting Week 1. Just a sports reporter and only a first impression. But what folks are talking about most is his size, his arm, and that he seems cool, collected, and in command in the huddle. Haskins saying all the right things right now, talking about taking baby steps, how much he has to learn, and being focused on calling plays correctly and on timing with unfamiliar receivers. An interviewer asked him if he was 'intimidated'. 'No - football is football'.
    I listened to that this morning on the way to work. Was a nice little podcast.

They did say they were interested to see what happens when Haskins gets a little pressure as Keenum looks more slippery in that sense, and they won't know that till Haskins starts to face proper drills rather than non contact, but what I'm hearing is very encouraging. The interview with him at the end was very telling too, he seems about a million miles away from RGIII when he was here in 2012.

They also said that one of the most impressive things about him is that he seems to already established himself as a 'leader' for the offense. He takes charge.
    0 0 0 0

2016 BGO FF Champion
    BGObsessed

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Air Force

When posting tweets, do you have to have an account to copy/paste them to here? Anyways, Dunbar healing nicely

https://twitter.com/HogsHaven/status...ngton-redskins

Edit try:
    Last edited by Win4us; 05-22-19 at 03:49 PM.
    0 0 0 0

“All right, they’re on our left, they’re on our right, they’re in front of us, they’re behind us. They can’t get away this time.” - Chesty Puller

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    Marine Corps Virginia

Default Random Redskins Thoughts

When posting tweets, do you have to have an account to copy/paste them to here?
    No. You just enclose the 10 digit code at the end of the tweet address in between [tweet] and [/tweet] codes. Don’t use the whole url. Also, sometimes you have to refresh the screen once for the tweet to appear.

If you use the 'Go Advanced' option, there is a little 'tweet' icon that'll do it automatically.

Posted With Tapatalk
    0 1 0 0

You ain't bonafide

2016 BGO FF Champion
    BGObsessed

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Air Force

Thanks Boone, I'm partially retarded with tech (27%). Would have never guessed the tweet copying method either, lol.
    0 0 0 0

2016 BGO FF Champion
    BGObsessed

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Air Force

Skins made it official putting Reuben Foster on IR, then signing Jon Bostic. Gotta admit I was a little excited at first thinking we signed Jeff's kid or nephew. Still a good signing, dude wraps up when tackling, Lord knows we need more of that.

Edit: https://www.thescore.com/nfl/news/1776253
    0 0 0 0

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    Marine Corps Virginia

Any LB depth signing is a good one right now... you aren't likely to find a difference-making replacement for a guy like Foster at this stage of the offseason without giving up major capital. I don't think we want to do that without knowing Fosters future. Have to assume he'll be back healthy in a year.

I hate we lost him. But we didn't have him on the roster last year, we added huge defensive pieces in Landon Collins and Montez Sweat, the UNC kid may prove to be a baller, and Moreland is an underrated corner. If we can just stay healthy on defense, we're top 10, and maybe better than that.
    0 0 0 0

You ain't bonafide

2016 BGO Survivor Champ

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Florida State

Any LB depth signing is a good one right now... you aren't likely to find a difference-making replacement for a guy like Foster at this stage of the offseason without giving up major capital. I don't think we want to do that without knowing Fosters future. Have to assume he'll be back healthy in a year.

I hate we lost him. But we didn't have him on the roster last year, we added huge defensive pieces in Landon Collins and Montez Sweat, the UNC kid may prove to be a baller, and Moreland is an underrated corner. If we can just stay healthy on defense, we're top 10, and maybe better than that.

I just talked to a real Steelers' fan, who knows football, and he tells me the only reason the Steelers moved on was because he's just a step slower than you'd want from an ILB, but definitely has a nose for the football. They just covet the ILB position too much and had to move on. We are his 5th team since being drafted by the Bears in 2013 so there's that.
    0 1 0 0

The more things change...the more they stay the same. It's like deja vu all over again.

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elephant View Post
    I just talked to a real Steelers' fan, who knows football, and he tells me the only reason the Steelers moved on was because he's just a step slower than you'd want from an ILB, but definitely has a nose for the football. They just covet the ILB position too much and had to move on. We are his 5th team since being drafted by the Bears in 2013 so there's that.
    Trade-off then: we could use a strong tackler between the tackles; on the flip side, our LBs have been suspect for years in pass coverage. In the event, worth a shot.
    0 0 0 0

2016 BGO FF Champion
    BGObsessed

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Air Force

El, this dude's on your turf!

OTA day 3 pic link

https://www.redskins.com/photos/phot...a-d185a5ad99e5
    0 0 0 0

2016 BGO Survivor Champ

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Florida State

El, this dude's on your turf!

OTA day 3 pic link

https://www.redskins.com/photos/phot...a-d185a5ad99e5
    Yeah, my dream job used to be photographer for the Redskins, I just don't have the passion for it anymore. I've changed my dream job...I want to work for National Geographic or Discovery Channel, or Smithsonian Magazine.
    0 1 0 0