• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

I agree Flatline.

I don't see how an 8-7-1 football team ends up on primetime Sunday night (Raiders), Monday night primetime (Chiefs), and Monday night primetime (Eagles) ALL before the halfway point of the season.

One thing's for sure.

We aren't getting the breaks on the field the Eagles are.

61 yard walk off field goal by an undrafted rookie against the Giants?

Close shave win against the 0-4 Chargers.

The phantom fumble/touchdown against Cousins and the Redskins.

Well, things tend to even out over 16 games.

The Cowboys, Redskins and Giants have all suffered from early injuries. The Eagles have been healthy and will likely lose some guys along the way.

They are not an especially deep team.

We will see how they end up in December.

Eagles have ALWAYS had this strange thing about luck.
And that's not exaggerated, or un-founded, or a knee-jerk reaction.
For as long as I can remember, they always get a ball that has a lucky bounce right in their hands, and that's not just literally, but figuratively, and overall.
If there was a distinction for the luckiest team in sports, it would be them.
(except for when it calls for winning a Lombardi !)

Last edited:
Skins favored by 10 points.

Come get your ass kicking Kyle.

With the 1st game the only exception, the 9ers have played everybody very close, even against some good teams. So they're not nearly as bad as their record indicates.
Plus we tend to take poor teams lightly, and make those games close.
And we're hobbling, and really missing Norman.
So, I'm not seein whooping on our part.

Kirk should play well considering it's his final interview (audition).

All I know is, in a league where Jacksonville can go into Pittsburgh and rout the Steelers, the Rams are 3-2, Buffalo can beat two straight legit contenders then crap the bed against the 1-3 Bengals, and preseason darlings the NY football Giants are 0-5 ... I ain't countin' nuthin' as a sure win.

The Skins are a bubble team still--good enough to beat anyone on a given day, but also capable of playing down to the lowest common denominator and falling to teams they have no business losing to. Yeah, I'll pick us this weekend, but it's going to be a few more years of turning in respectable, competitive seasons before I go into any game feeling particularly comfortable.

Bummer huh.

Even though Hoyer is under 60% in completions he still has more yards than Kirk, believe it or not. Problem is he can't put points on the board - 4 TDs/4 Ints. 3 games without a TD and 1 without an Int. Also has taken 15 sacks.
The guy I think Washington will have trouble with is Kittle. Defense against TE's is still a soft spot for Washington.
SF's backfield is a mess. Breida probably starts this week if Kyle 'plays the hot (?) hand' like he has said. They play from behind so often there's not much chance to get the run going.

I see this kinda going like the Raider game. An early lead and pressure the QB. 49ers have had a lead in 2 games this year (Sea & Az) and never more than 3 points.

Maybe too early to call games a must win but can they really afford to go into Filthy @ 2-3? I think not so this is a must win and the Skins will play like it. I'd be a lot more worried of this being a trap game if the eGals only had 3 or 4 wins.

All I know is, in a league where Jacksonville can go into Pittsburgh and rout the Steelers, the Rams are 3-2, Buffalo can beat two straight legit contenders then crap the bed against the 1-3 Bengals, and preseason darlings the NY football Giants are 0-5 ... I ain't countin' nuthin' as a sure win.

The Skins are a bubble team still--good enough to beat anyone on a given day, but also capable of playing down to the lowest common denominator and falling to teams they have no business losing to. Yeah, I'll pick us this weekend, but it's going to be a few more years of turning in respectable, competitive seasons before I go into any game feeling particularly comfortable.

Bummer huh.

Calling you on one bit of that...

I don't think the ‘falling to teams they have no business losing to' charge is entirely fair, at least not this season. They didn't play up to par in the opener but that loss is looking less terrible by the day.

I understand that sentiment has been earned over the years (I referenced it in this week's Recon myself). I do think this has all the makings of a trap game.

But in terms of the fight the current team typically shows, I think we show up and pound them.

Then again, I've been wrong before. More than once :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Skins have traditionally struggled after a bye week and seem to lose some momentum for a game or so. Perhaps playing a hapless team like the niners will help, but this could be another one of those trap games. That being said, I want us to demolish Shanahan's team.

Usually, a game is only considered a "trap" game when a good team is going up against a perceived bad team.

IMO, we haven't proven anything good or bad yet, so these next two weeks will make a statement as to who we are.

Hoping good things are on the horizon!

Very interested in seeing Moreau help fill the void in Norman's absence(along with Dunbar).

Hope Trent's able to heal enough to play.

Want to see Crowder bust out tomorrow along with Pryor.

Hope Mack Brown gets some use to see what he can do.

All in all, it'll be good to see my beloved Redskins back in action!!

I don't see Cousins going to the 49ers.

Despite the tie in with Kyle Shanahan, the truth is the 49ers are several years away from being a contender. Right now they aren't competitive.

Cousins will be 30 years old.

He may be interested in getting paid, but he is also interested in winning.

He isn't going to move his family 3,000 miles to SF just to play quarterback for a team that is 4-12 or 5-11.

I would look out for that Pittsburgh job if Ben is gone after 2017.

The Steelers football team and organization fit Cousins' blue collar worth ethic and 'low key' lifestyle to a tee.

And with Brown, Bell and Wheaton he has the makings of a 11-5 or 12-4 contender on his hands.

And in another direction, don't forget the Giants.

Eli is 37 and is in decline. Can he still play? Yes, if he has a good offensive line to protect him and a good running game to give him the play action attack.

But the Giants don't have that. They are going to be in rebuild mode on offense, while still having some very good defensive players.

I could see the Giants make a play for Cousins to solve their own qb issues AND try and stick it to the Redskins.

Even if he thinks he can go, I'd sit Dumb Dumb Williams for another week. We will still be able to handle the F'ers.

Then, we have an even healthier Dumb Dumb for the next game.

Ax, if Ty were available I would agree with you 100%.

But the truth is TJ Clemmings is a revolving door at left tackle.

I don't know whether you remember the game, but last year after Ryan went down for the Vikings TJ Clemmings played a number of games at LT and the results were disastrous.

In one game, Fletcher Cox nailed him for 3 sacks.

In another game, he was flagged for multiple holding calls that derailed Vikings drives.

Minnesota couldn't wait to get rid of him in 2017 and the fact the Redskins picked him up right away is curious.

I don't see any immediate tie-in with the coaching staff or front office.

Perhaps Callahan saw something in him that he thinks he can develop over time.

In any case, Clemmings obviously isn't there yet.

I don't want to lose Williams for the season playing on a bad knee.

At the same time I don't want to lose Cousins for the rest of the year on a blind side hit to the back/neck, etc.

I trust that our coaches can protect TJ for one game. With good play calling we can use him being a target by them, to our advantage.

Usually, a game is only considered a "trap" game when a good team is going up against a perceived bad team.

IMO, we haven't proven anything good or bad yet, so these next two weeks will make a statement as to who we are.

Hoping good things are on the horizon!

Very interested in seeing Moreau help fill the void in Norman's absence(along with Dunbar).

Hope Trent's able to heal enough to play.

Want to see Crowder bust out tomorrow along with Pryor.

Hope Mack Brown gets some use to see what he can do.

All in all, it'll be good to see my beloved Redskins back in action!!

We are a good team. Going up against a bad team.

In week 6, no team has ‘proven' anything. Way too early to crown a team like the Eagles, nor to be uber pessimistic about a team like the Skins. What we do know is that we are competitive, that the defense is revitalized, and that we can still score despite the franchise-crushing loss of Garçon and Jackson.

Doesn't mean we will win.

But absolutely means we should win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EXHALE! That's my only response to that game. That's what I did as the game ended. That game was closer than it should have been.

Man, what a game.... Ups and downs, and nothing to write home about excepting one point..... The big "W" Piss and moan all ya want on how bad we did this or that. This is the type of game we would expect to lose with the score that close, and we didn't. We walked away with the win, and I'm going to be happy about it no matter what anybody says :nana:

I am now convinced that the Redskins need to pick up a veteran running back for the balance of the season.

If we can find a Pierre Thomas-type of late career vet that is on a losing club and has a decent contract for 2017, we should look to make a deal.

Perine is not a frontline NFL back. Today showed that Chris Thompson was once again the only real threat in the backfield and he can't run the ball 15 times and catch 10 passes each week to keep the offense going.

Kelley didn't exactly impress me when he was playing and the fact Mack Brown got almost not time today despite the heavy load for Thompson says to me that while Gruden likes him as a hard worker, he is not a guy the team has any real investment in going forward.

The Saints trade of Adrian Peterson was interesting. I would have perhaps been in on that if I were the Redskins.

Such a veteran would be a nice stop gap until next year's offseason free agency and draft.

Happy for the win, even tho the Redskins make a point of making games close.

Again I have to go by the box score. 33 rushes for 94 yards equaling a 2.8 yard average. Was it our o-line not opening holes or were they stacking the shit out of the box?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 6, Members: 0, Guests: 6)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.