• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

Don't be a dick Brian. They did ‘tweet' out congrats. Snyder isn't on social media and for all we know he called them to congratulate them. Maybe he didn't but we don't know that. Does it really matter? Regardless doesn't call for that kind of snark.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It does matter, shows what a guy Leonsis is and reinforces what a dick Snyder is. Snyder could learn a thing or 2 from Leonsis, but he won't...he's still a dick.

Side note: Listening to Troy Aikman laugh at the comments Kyle made about the Redskins makes me want to smack him.

I searched for it, did not see it. I try to be as diligent as possible, especially around here.

But yeah, you're right...Dan Snyder is a good guy.

I never said that. Don't put words in my mouth.

Side note: Listening to Troy Aikman laugh at the comments Kyle made about the Redskins makes me want to smack him.

I think Troy is drunk. First he said that John Elway knows QBs better than anyone else. Then he said that the Chiefs have so many injuries and Chris Jones is at the top of that list. Um, Mahomes got hurt in this very game. Lastly, when he was laughing about Kyle's comments, he said that Jay Gruden is a great coach.

Leonsis 3
Snyder 0

What are the odds Uncle Teddy can make a bid to buy the team?

I'm pretty much with Boone on the Redskins' tweeting situation.

The team, which Dan Snyder owns, said something nice. Good for them.

I will say this. The comments on that tweet are BRUTAL. I thought I was cranky. :D

I know most of us here remember the 70s and 80s (and even the 90s) and remember how the Redskins used to own this town. To see them fall so hard and far is just ... sad. Yes, I'm ticked off at Snyder and whomever else is in charge these days, but man, I NEVER thought I see it like this. It sure doesn't make me happy.

I don't know that the Redskins will ever earn that goodwill back. Probably not in my lifetime anyway.

I'm pretty much with Boone on the Redskins' tweeting situation.

The team, which Dan Snyder owns, said something nice. Good for them.

I will say this. The comments on that tweet are BRUTAL. I thought I was cranky. :D

I know most of us here remember the 70s and 80s (and even the 90s) and remember how the Redskins used to own this town. To see them fall so hard and far is just ... sad. Yes, I'm ticked off at Snyder and whomever else is in charge these days, but man, I NEVER thought I see it like this. It sure doesn't make me happy.

I don't know that the Redskins will ever earn that goodwill back. Probably not in my lifetime anyway.

If they can get a consistent winning team, they will be back at the top of the heap. That is a big IF of course. But the reason there is so much hate directed towards them is because of their popularity. Does anyone care what the Wizards tweet or do? They have been worse a lot longer than the Redskins. The Caps barely moved the needle until they won the Stanley Cup. The Nationals were barely a blip on the radar before last week. This town wants a winner and winning brings interest. IF the Redskins can somehow get back to winning, they will again be the toast of the town.

Having said all of that, the real danger in prolonged sucking like the Redskins have done, is losing the next generation of fans. The kids and young adults who have never known the Redskins as anything other than a joke. To where even the few exciting players they get turn into busts and the team goes back down the drain. That is the real problem with sucking this long. Not that the Caps have won and grabbed some attention or that the Nationals are in the World Series.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't worry folks.

Cooley posited and it seems somewhat believable that Bruce is waiting on Alex Smith to come back for the 2020 season.

Evidently he is now running and throwing regularly despite having gone through 17 operations on his leg 🙈

This is probably why Trent is not being traded.

Allen wants Williams there for 2020 because if we can reconstitute the lineup from that 6-3 start we can recapture the magic of all those 3 point wins while throwing for 175 yards 😳

If they can get a consistent winning team, they will be back at the top of the heap. That is a big IF of course. But the reason there is so much hate directed towards them is because of their popularity. Does anyone care what the Wizards tweet or do? They have been worse a lot longer than the Redskins. The Caps barely moved the needle until they won the Stanley Cup. The Nationals were barely a blip on the radar before last week. This town wants a winner and winning brings interest. IF the Redskins can somehow get back to winning, they will again be the toast of the town.

Having said all of that, the real danger in prolonged sucking like the Redskins have done, is losing the next generation of fans. The kids and young adults who have never known the Redskins as anything other than a joke. To where even the few exciting players they get turn into busts and the team goes back down the drain. That is the real problem with sucking this long. Not that the Caps have won and grabbed some attention or that the Nationals are in the World Series.

Sure. Snyder is still currently taking heat for taking a Ferrari and wrapping it around a tree. At some point, it's just going to be a pile of junk that nobody remembers or cares about.

But I think it's more than just that. Part of it is that Dan Snyder is just not a likable guy. The Redskins are not a likable organization. People don't hate on the Wizards because they are lovable losers. We root for them, and when they are bad, we feel bad for them. I remember the days of Abe Pollin and Wes Unseld. We loved those guys. They just sucked.

The Redskins, on the other hand, are detestable. We still root for them because history, but when they are bad, we are angry.

I do agree that if he ever figures out how to put together a consistent winner things would swing back. Given his track record, I don't believe that's going to happen. I have no doubt he's sitting in his bunker somewhere trying to hatch a plan to excite this fanbase. But I do not think it involves finding the best football minds and then standing back and signing checks. He's had many, many opportunities to see The Light. It hasn't happened, and I don't think it ever will.

Sure. Snyder is still currently taking heat for taking a Ferrari and wrapping it around a tree. At some point, it's just going to be a pile of junk that nobody remembers or cares about.

But I think it's more than just that. Part of it is that Dan Snyder is just not a likable guy. The Redskins are not a likable organization. People don't hate on the Wizards because they are lovable losers. We root for them, and when they are bad, we feel bad for them. I remember the days of Abe Pollin and Wes Unseld. We loved those guys. They just sucked.

The Redskins, on the other hand, are detestable. We still root for them because history, but when they are bad, we are angry.

I do agree that if he ever figures out how to put together a consistent winner things would swing back. Given his track record, I don't believe that's going to happen. I have no doubt he's sitting in his bunker somewhere trying to hatch a plan to excite this fanbase. But I do not think it involves finding the best football minds and then standing back and signing checks. He's had many, many opportunities to see The Light. It hasn't happened, and I don't think it ever will.

I think you just hit on the head, Henry.

I follow an organizational philosophy that everything flows down from the top. Everything. Great middle managers can make a difference in their departments but not organization-wide and even in their departments they can only do so much to positively impact the crap coming down from above.

Snyder is NOT a likable guy, therefore his organization is not a likable organization.

Snyder is here what Art Modell was in Cleveland the last 5-10 years he was there.

When they buried Modell in Cleveland a fan was arrested for urinating on his grave stone.

Look, I do not like Snyder, at all!

But that is over the top!

Correct. Better to give him a golden shower while he's still alive, parading in one of his suits that 2x the size he needs.

Okay, that might be pushing the bounds of propriety on the board. I know we are easy-going but there are lines.

Another one to toss on the FWIW pile, but some of the commentators state this guy had the OBJ trade intel beforehand.

Have no idea if it's true or not but several "insiders" stating the brownies are practically begging to take Trent off our hands. Sending TW to Cleveland in exchange for decent picks seems like a no brainer, unless of course they're only offering like a 6th or something. Who knows these things

https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/redskins_refuse_to_trade_lt_trent_williams/s1_14819_30301175

Win....we already know Allen is a petulant child whose track record for this franchise is horrendous. You expect different?

We'll see where Callahan takes things. There are so many former employees who have nothing good to say, specifically about the FO, that it remains a very dubious proposition that it will ever change under current ownership. Nevertheless, one can always hope. Callahan, it appears, is prepping Haskins for success rather than failure (hey there Jay!). So there's that to feel positive about.

Back to TW: the FO excuse of waiting for end of season to factor in draft position is laughable. I'll dispense with the duty vulgarism about Allen in this regard.

eh....cmon Skins...shove Shanahan's head half way up his southern end today!

Have no idea if it's true or not but several "insiders" stating the brownies are practically begging to take Trent off our hands. Sending TW to Cleveland in exchange for decent picks seems like a no brainer, unless of course they're only offering like a 6th or something. Who knows these things

https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/redskins_refuse_to_trade_lt_trent_williams/s1_14819_30301175

The fact that Williams is still around only solidifies my thinking that BA thinks that with Alex Smith throwing passes again that he can convince Williams to come back and with the two of them, we're off to the Super Bowl next year! Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay! I told everyone that when Gruden was shown the door it was a bad sign that Allen wasn't shown the same door at the same time

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.