• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

Ted Leonsis takes to social media to congratulate the Nationals on winning the pennant, and wish them good luck in the WS.

Nothing out of Redskins' Park.

Dan Snyder is a small man.

Hey Dan, want to know how to curb rumors that you guys are jealous of the Caps for winning the Stanley Cup? Congratulate the Nationals on a victory in the NLCS, and wish them luck in the WS!!!

Something from the Redskins did come out on Twitter in re the Nationals late yesterday..........after everyone else :doh1:

Leonsis now has three titles in this town. Snyder has zero.

btw...speaking of folks who hate the Redskins...what to make of the rumors that offers have been made for Williams? It's time to shed Williams and get some value.

But noooooooooo.....Mr Allen has a better strategy! Why does this person consistently place his ego above the best interests of the team?

Cooley was speculating this week that Bruce is considering Alex Smith's comeback as the 2020 starter at age 38.

Evidently he is running again and throwing.

Of course you could ask yourself why a sub .500 team in need of a rebuild would contemplate starting a 38 year old qb?

Bruce remember sold Snyder on the progress the team was making under Smith in 2018 and no doubt has reminded people Smith still counts $20M against the cap in 2020.

Bruce always needs to get his pound of flesh it seems.

I have no problem with bringing back Smith as a backup and mentor for Haskins in 2020 but to presumptively name him the starter where this team is in re competitive level would b a big mistake.

The idea of sitting a first round pick for more than 2 years into his cheap rookie deal in these days of the cap is not advisable.

If Haskins turns out to be the real deal in 2021 then you only have one more season of value pay at the position before you have to decide on writing a $100M check.

The club was in a similar position with Cousins where after one good season in 2015 the Redskins had to make a decision on his future worth to the team almost immediately thereafter.

And we largely bungled that process didn't we? 😵

You didn't state the biggest reason that would be a terrible move. It's going to piss Haskins the hell off and ensure he'll never sign a 2nd contract.

Haskins can make this a non-issue by showing that he's ready to be the starter and that his talent warranted a mid-first round pick between now and then.

But if I'm him and the team elects to hand the starting job to a 38 year old QB who may have the same # of QB starts as Haskins by that time, and who hasn't played in a year and a half - there's no way I make that franchise my permanent NFL home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, you can bet that Scherff is on his way out of here in 2020.

Bruce's low ball offer no doubt confirmed that decision.

Yep, you can bet that Scherff is on his way out of here in 2020.

Bruce's low ball offer no doubt confirmed that decision.

Scherff is a good ole country boy, he wants out of this urban cesspool anyway. He's gone at this point. Maybe Wes Adams can come along and fill his slot with Flowers actually being a little more than serviceable. If not, there's another great pick, wasted.

You didn't state the biggest reason that would be a terrible move. It's going to piss Haskins the hell off and ensure he'll never sign a 2nd contract.

Meh...the sooner Haskins is out the door, the sooner we can go about finding a real franchise QB.

But he will be a pro bowler in Green Bay or KC for the next 6-7 years.

I know...it's the sad state of affairs for this franchise. If we had a good atmosphere, we might be able to keep a kid like this on the roster, but if I'm honest, I'd want out as quickly as possible, too.

What will Bruce do? Franchise him a couple times to delay the inevitable while strangling some of the money we need to sign others?

I believe Allen is done on the football side at the end of this season. Snyder has to have a fall guy for the public beating he is taking. Allen is on the way out of football decision-making.

I believe Allen is done on the football side at the end of this season. Snyder has to have a fall guy for the public beating he is taking. Allen is on the way out of football decision-making.

Then it should happen now, not at the end of the season. If Snyder waits to pull that trigger, Allen will irrevocably mess up more stuff between now and then.

I don't know if I really believe it Bob - but in the past Snyder has made big moves when under intense public outcry, and there's never been an outcry like what we're seeing now.

We know Snyder will never own responsibility himself, and getting rid of Gruden only made the outcry worse. Someone has to take the fall.

I think he waits till the season is over so that he doesn't inordinately embarrass his friend and I'll also bet Allen already knows it's coming.

I would agree that Allen should stay until the end of this current season debacle and then be nudged aside.

I think he needs that 2-14 type record on his full resume to ensure he doesn't resurface.

I am concerned that if he moves to a business EVP role that any fireworks on the football side will have Snyder reaching for the phone instead of staying the course and then Allen is back.

I'm not suggesting he should fire Allen publically now. I agree that any public move has to be after the season.

However, Snyder can move Allen out of Football Operations now. No reason it can't be done quietly if there is a belief that the current staff can handle decisions in that area. I'm thinking about things like the Williams situation and the Sherff contract negotiations.

Granted, this might be too much to ask. After all, this organization lacks professionalism so the word is bound to get out about any changes that have been made, regardless of how much effort goes into keeping it all in house.

Ted Leonsis takes to social media to congratulate the Nationals on winning the pennant, and wish them good luck in the WS.

Nothing out of Redskins' Park.

Dan Snyder is a small man.

Hey Dan, want to know how to curb rumors that you guys are jealous of the Caps for winning the Stanley Cup? Congratulate the Nationals on a victory in the NLCS, and wish them luck in the WS!!!

Not true, they posted this:

Gotta refresh to see a tweet post

Not true, they posted this:

I searched for it, did not see it. I try to be as diligent as possible, especially around here.

With that said, some obscure Redskins' employee sending out a tweet, and updating FB is not remotely close to Leonsis taking the time to personally congratulate them.

But yeah, you're right...Dan Snyder is a good guy.

I searched for it, did not see it. I try to be as diligent as possible, especially around here.

With that said, some obscure Redskins' employee sending out a tweet, and updating FB is not remotely close to Leonsis taking the time to personally congratulate them.

But yeah, you're right...Dan Snyder is a good guy.

Don't be a dick Brian. They did ‘tweet' out congrats. Snyder isn't on social media and for all we know he called them to congratulate them. Maybe he didn't but we don't know that. Does it really matter? Regardless doesn't call for that kind of snark.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.