• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

Off-topic but fun fact of the day: How many people outside of Florida know that Stephen Ross, owner of the Dolphins, doesn't even live in Florida, nor does he attend games?

He literally couldn't care less about winning football games. Compared to the Dolphins, we at least have a chance when the season begins.

Here's another fun fact.

Since Stephen Ross bought the Dolphins, Miami has gone 72-89.
During that same span, the Redskins have gone 63-97-1.

So what you are saying, effectively, is that we'd be better off if our owner just didn't bother to show up. :)

That's right. Since most owners don't know anything about football it's best if they are relaxing in the Islands.

Norval Gruden sucks. I know the Stephen-Ross-doesn't-live-in-Florida red herring is a thinly veiled attempt to excuse Gruden, but he sucks.

We need to start rooting for us to score first. Apparently that's the only thing that elevates Gruden's record. His win percentage is .628 when we score first, and .214 when we score second.

Dead on the money. Under Gruden, we are 27-50-4 in the second half. An anemic .333

We're also 33-44-4 for .407 in the first half. Not much better. Gruden just doesn't have it.

We have become the Cleveland Browns of old. The high school team that other teams schedule for their Homecoming so as to be sure to win that night.

What's his record when the wind is less than 10 mph? 🙈🙈🙈🙈🙈

Gruden's record is awful overall so any attempt to categorize the wins/losses will show we are near the bottom.

We have become the Cleveland Browns of old. The high school team that other teams schedule for their Homecoming so as to be sure to win that night.

Look. It's been tough to be a Redskins fan. But Cleveland, in the last 11 years, has won more than 5 games in a season TWICE. We've won the NFC East twice in that period.

Let's not get carried away in the depths of our misery :)

And none of our players is wearing a $200K watch while we are losing by 30.

Look. It's been tough to be a Redskins fan. But Cleveland, in the last 11 years, has won more than 5 games in a season TWICE. We've won the NFC East twice in that period.

Let's not get carried away in the depths of our misery :)

Ok, just for kicks I looked it up. Over the same aforementioned post-Ross stretch, Cleveland has gone 41-119-1.

Holy crap that's bad. I actually feel a little better about things now.

Thanks Boone. :D

You can knock Gruden all you want, but I'll say this for him... He wins 100% of the games where the Redskins are ahead at the end of the 4th Quarter.

You can knock Gruden all you want, but I'll say this for him... He wins 100% of the games where the Redskins are ahead at the end of the 4th Quarter.

I'm not a big Gruden fan, but I back this stat 100%.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So, according to Gruden the operation Guice just underwent is 'minor' even though he will mostly likely miss 2 months (?).

Memo to Gruden: cumulative knee injuries for a running back ARE a serious matter given their relatively short careers in the NFL vis a vis other positions.

This has to be watched closely by the team and Guice in timing a return.

It has just been announced that Reed will again be out due to concussion symptoms.

I wonder if we will see him for more than limited stretches in 2019 after all.

Last edited:
To summarize this morning, none of this being officially announced yet (sources are
@john_keim
@JPFinlayNBCS
)
- Guice, Brantley to IR
- Davis to active roster
- Deion Harris to PS
- Allen out Sunday
- Reed out Sunday

Get excited, folks, it's Dallas week.

@thehogsty

Is is the field that we're too cheap to replace? Certainly not in the case of concussions.....but if you have that much money, why not have one of the best playing surfaces in the league? We're so cheap on everything but salaries.

How many really big guaranteed money players do we have on this team? :)

Bruce has stopped us from signing free agents to outrageous sums as Vinny did, but the team has swung in the other direction of avoiding laying out any real up front money in the offseason.

We are millions below the cap and then use the rationale that we have to pass up on players that can help us in trades or free agency because they are too expensive.

We haven't signed Scherff to an extension yet. That's the decision that looks like it is the most costly one to make for 2020 given where the guard market has been moving.

But then again, we have Rouillier, Scherff, Flowers, Martin, and the other reserves on low guarantee deals currently and we don't know if Trent Williams is ever going to come back here.

The last big free agent move, Josh Norman, made after the 2015 season is probably in his last year with the club at age 31.

Last edited:
Alex Smith's guarantees are killing us.

And why haven't we traded Trent Williams yet?

Here are the quarterbacks we have had under Bruce Allen up until taking Haskins at #15 this year:

Rex Grossman
Donovan McNabb
Jon Beck
RGIII
Kirk Cousins
Colt McCoy
Alex Smith
Case Keenum

McNabb and Smith are the only two that were name players when they came to Washington among the vets and McNabb was washed up at 34 and Smith at 35 lasted half a season.

You know why I didn't like the Smith trade? Not because Smith is a bad guy or somehow I secretly knew he was going to get hurt.

It was simply that a team that still had to put so many new players in place from the draft and free agency to become a contender should not be mucking around with a deal for a 35 year old quarterback.

Even if Smith had stayed healthy the Redskins were still going to have to expend resources in the draft to identify and select a future starter that would take this team into the next decade.

Just a pondering thought but what are the odds Trent's absence is tied to Jay being the HC? I mean is there ANYONE outside of Bruce that has enough confidence Jay can even get us in the paloffs, much less a superbowl?

Possibly why Brandon won't sign his extension as well?

Just a pondering thought but what are the odds Trent's absence is tied to Jay being the HC? I mean is there ANYONE outside of Bruce that has enough confidence Jay can even get us in the paloffs, much less a superbowl?

Possibly why Brandon won't sign his extension as well?

**** Trent Williams.

I think Jay is generally respected by the players we may not understand that but I have never heard players trashing him even with all of the frustration.

And if players held themselves accountable we'd win more games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree on Trent, still hoping he gets traded honestly and never plays as a skin again. His loyalty has to come into question.

True, you never hear bad words spoken of Jay by current or former players. You also never hear glowing endorsements either. Jay has been described as a players coach and i could see why nobody would want to bash him, player wise that is.

He's a turd that perfectly describes the word `meh` as far as anyone else is concerned.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.