• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

So, Trent Williams is now on the non-football injury list and is out for the remainder of the season.

No matter how long I live I won't understand why we didn't trade Williams before or during the season.

All of what has transpired the past two weeks was needless distraction and embarrassment for the organization.

Bruce Allen was no custodian for the welfare of the Redskins.

Paying this guy for the next 7 weeks for doing nothing but watching TV at home is somehow a victory?

Yeah, it cost him $7M in bonus and salary but from 8 plus years in the NFL he has the money.

I suppose Bruce thought the player would cave as soon as he missed a game check.

Poor judge of the circumstances, I could have told him Trent wasn't coming back here to play football.

He was going to do the minimum necessary to qualify as a free agent after 2020 and that was all.

So, now we are going to no doubt trade him for a #4 draft pick in April and declare victory :laugh: :laugh:

No matter the situation, the Redskins will find a way to to mess it up. There were several viable ways out of this where the team could win and some where Trent and the Redskins win. Yet the Redskins chose the one where they lose and where Trent wins. They completely bungled this whole situation and if they had real management, heads would roll.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Umm....they're not paying Trent Williams Bulldog.

One more thing....

Where's Dan Snyder at in all of this?

Doesn't his silence make him complicit?

Ownership needs to step up and address this, IMO

Last edited:
Dan Snyder has taken the tack Art Modell did in Cleveland.

He was so reviled he stayed in the background and let the coach and GM swing.

He'd likely change the name, or are we finished even caring at this point?

If it meant a competent team I don't know if I feel as strongly about the name as I once did.

I'm not sure rooting for a DC football team not named ‘the Redskins' is possible for me...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope he offers Snyder some absurd price that he can't say no to, and Snyder sells. It's extremely far-fetched, but it's a glimmer of hope maybe. As far as the name goes, I love the name. I love the team. But Snyder has caused the team to suck so bad that my passion for things like that just don't exist anymore. Not even slightly. He's made me lose a lot of interest in football, and my former obsession is long cured. A loss and a win don't give me different emotions at all anymore, they feel the same. That being said, I'm like Boone. A name change might push me away entirely. Not that it matters, even if they keep the name Snyder is going to push me away anyway.

From the year I started obsessing over them (1986-87) until the 2015-16 season, I never missed a game no matter how horrible we were. In the 57 games since, I doubt if I've watched a dozen of them.

10 years ago after a win, I'd be on cloud nine all week, and nothing could ruin my mood. After a loss, I'd be a dick, and in full rage mode for a few hours, then I'd just be a grouchy bastard all week.

My emotions these days?
win: meh
loss: meh

No way I give my money or good will to Bezos. I'll become a Dallas fan before that ever happens.

No way I give my money or good will to Bezos. I'll become a Dallas fan before that ever happens.

But you give it to Snyder. Bezos is a horrible person from my personal perspective, but Daniel Snyder isn't exactly a peach either. And you know I say this as an ally buddy, I've always been in your corner. Neither of them deserves us. The really don't.

I'd be fine with a Bezos owned team, although if they change the name my NFL fan card gets handed in for good. Hell if Brucifer isn't let go this off season I'm done until he is.

On another note anyone watching the vikes/turds game? Holy shizah I'm jealous of these 2 o-lines, & both teams have coaches who adjust from series to series.

Last edited:
Most of the bad teams won yesterday.

Jets, Dolphins, Falcons.

Only the Bengals are still in the gutter with us.

Looks like a great battle to the bottom.

That #1 pick should be looking good.

Good selling point for new coach.

Of course it makes Callahan talking about winning week to week more than ever just white noise.

Washington Amazons
Washington Prime
Virginia Vendettas
Bezo's Bitches
Arlington Army
Swamp Things
D.C.Bees
....?

The Washington Redskins, that great Old Guard Team, has long since disappeared. This current team does nothing to bring that name honor, dignity, tradition ... . I wouldnt care if the name changed at this point.

But you give it to Snyder. Bezos is a horrible person from my personal perspective, but Daniel Snyder isn't exactly a peach either. And you know I say this as an ally buddy, I've always been in your corner. Neither of them deserves us. The really don't.

No offense taken! I haven't purchased anything Redskins oriented in 4-5 years.

Bezos is an oligopolist who runs the WaPO. What more need one say?

Hope? He's looking to buy a team as well

Jeff Bezos could help Redskins with new stadium: Report

https://www.washingtontimes.com/new...ubLc1TV14rtLCcETrhKOor2zkVAKXztj7ven7dAcWZyPg

I have real mixed feelings about this...

If Bezos buys the team it feels like a double edged sword.

On the one hand, he'd surely come in and review the operation. And that has GOT to mean getting BA out the door. Surely. He honestly can't buy the team and think that everything is ok as it is. New broom.

But... whereas Snyder, for all his faults, has been a die-hard Redskin fan and has stuck with the name through thick and thin.

With Snyder these days I think that his refusal to get rid of BA is his blind spot. I'm interested to see what will happen this off season because the status quo HAS to change. He can't be so blind as to let this continue surely?

Now if that Skins were sold and the name was changed... I don't know.

On the one hand I hate to see such a storied organisation end on a whimper rather than a bang. As a UK native I never even realised the name could be considered offensive for many many years. Also I have the added wrinkle in that Washington as a city doesn't mean anything to me. I don't live there, I'm not native to there. I picked the Skins based on the colours of their uniform and what I thought (at the time) was a cool name!

I still buy Jerseys now and then, but these days it's always throwbacks to the glory days. Only the other week I bought a Taylor jersey. :D

So the question then is... If the team still fields the same players, plays in the same colours, in the same place... would I as a non-native still root for them. Probably yes. It's either that or flick my allegiance to the Baltimore Ravens (an attractive proposition! LOL).
I've always thought I'd be ok with a name change that kept the spirit of the franchise. Maybe use the older spear design helmet and go with Washington Warriors or whatever.
If they changed the team entirely (name, colour scheme, logo etc) then I think I wouldn't be able to help myself from feeling it's an entirely different franchise. At that point I may be forced to move my fandom elsewhere. But wherever I landed it wouldn't be the same. :(

This would have been easier if Snyder had bought the team strictly as a business venture and had not been a lifelong fan.

He could cash out and move on.

But this situation is akin to a family business like the Cardinals or Bengals where the owner's identity is caught up with the team and they are just poor leaders who hire the wrong people.

And it goes on for decades.

Now I see.

We had to drag out the announcement on Haskins because Bill had to go around and hold Case and Colt's hands and tell them of the change to the rookie.

It was a traumatic time for the two and we needed to tip toe around their feelings.

Maybe the Redskins can buy them both a support animal.

🐶🦊🐷🐸

And now I guess we're going to look at Crapernick. We must be the dumbest effing football team in the NFL

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 6, Members: 0, Guests: 6)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.