• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

BUT The Browns look very promising...

Before the last draft, I really wanted and wished there was a way we could have drafted their QB.
I believed, and probably posted, that he was the one QB gem in the draft, and was right.
If only we could have pulled off an RG3-like trade for that one ( in place of the RG3 trade, not in addition to :) )

Redskins and NFC East 2019 opponents.

Philadelphia Eagles
Home: Dallas Cowboys, New York Giants, Washington Redskins, Chicago Bears, Detroit Lions, New England Patriots, New York Jets, Seattle Seahawks
Away: Dallas Cowboys, New York Giants, Washington Redskins, Atlanta Falcons, Buffalo Bills, Green Bay Packers, Miami Dolphins, Minnesota Vikings

Dallas Cowboys
Home: New York Giants, Philadelphia Eagles, Washington Redskins, Buffalo Bills, Green Bay Packers, Los Angeles Rams, Miami Dolphins, Minnesota Vikings
Away: New York Giants, Philadelphia Eagles, Washington Redskins, Chicago Bears, Detroit Lions, New England Patriots, New Orleans Saints, New York Jets

Washington Redskins
Home: Dallas Cowboys, New York Giants, Philadelphia Eagles, Chicago Bears, Detroit Lions, New England Patriots, New York Jets, San Francisco 49ers
Away: Dallas Cowboys, New York Giants, Philadelphia Eagles, Buffalo Bills, Carolina Panthers, Green Bay Packers, Miami Dolphins, Minnesota Vikings

New York Giants
Home: Dallas Cowboys, Philadelphia Eagles, Washington Redskins, Arizona Cardinals, Buffalo Bills, Green Bay Packers, Miami Dolphins, Minnesota Vikings
Away: Dallas Cowboys, Philadelphia Eagles, Washington Redskins, Chicago Bears, Detroit Lions, New England Patriots, New York Jets, Tampa Bay Buccaneers

(Note, some of these teams did not have links to their home page and were in black text; not sure if significant or not.

Here is my source:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...ponents-for-each-team-set-for-2019-nfl-season

Not at all my man.

Some folks accept fate. Others make things happen - if we have to get down to brass tacks here.
Just busting your balls my friend.

However, the tactics you encouraged in that post, did sound like Maxine Waters. :instigate:

I mean, as I was reading it, images raced through my head of human waste, banging on the doors of the Supreme Court, wailing like a bunch of 3yr olds throwing a hissy fit, because they can't find their blanky. :instigate:

Seriously though, if they're gonna keep Gruden, then it means that everybody in the building is blaming the bad season on the injuries. And nothing else.
I don't need to see anymore of Gruden's "Lost" posture. But apparently all the years of being crucified by the media for his impatience, has left some permanent scars on Snyder. He's now going too far, IMO, to try and show them that he's not "fire happy". Gruden is below average.

Snyder's going nowhere.
Neither is Bruce.
So, the best we can expect is a coaching change. Which doesn't look likely.

Al, I can see how they'd try to make that lame excuse, but attendance at even the home opener was woeful. The last ten years especially have seen a downturn to which I don't understand how Snyder can be blind from the owner's box. Guess he chooses to just imagine he's still clothed.

Business sucks. People get fired. When the business I worked at was getting sold, the new owner to be came in and assured us we'd all be retained.. How naïve can you be. That's more about keeping the employees working for the existing owner then anything else. People get fired. New owners first activity was to replace the existing staff with his own. There's no way to sugar coat it or make those outgoing happy about it. It just is what it is.

We can all agree that the buck stops at the top. The failings of this team are Snyder's failings. But I think it is abundantly obvious he's a fan as much as any and hates to lose. Even if you don't think he's a fan, losing negatively affects the money the team makes. People with his kind of money don't think "hey, i made 200 million even though we sucked. Even though I'd have made more if we won, I don't care cause I still made 200 million". No way, no how. Not how the rich think.

What Snyder is, is an inept football team owner. He's not some sinister malcontent, or the devil, without any care about the state of the team. We're so quick to say such heinous things about people when things don't go the way we want. I'm certainly guilty of it. But it doesn't really accomplish anything.

This team will succeed if Snyder ever lucks into a competent GM. That's it. He's never selling the team. Nothing the fans do or say is going to change that. Sucks to be invested so much into something you really have zero control over.

Thanks Steve for communicating what I've been trying and failing to communicate. You say it extremely well here.

However, the tactics you encouraged in that post, did sound like Maxine Waters. :instigate:

I mean, as I was reading it, images raced through my head of human waste, banging on the doors of the Supreme Court, wailing like a bunch of 3yr olds throwing a hissy fit, because they can't find their blanky. :instigate:

Seriously though, if they're gonna keep Gruden, then it means that everybody in the building is blaming the bad season on the injuries. And nothing else.
I don't need to see anymore of Gruden's "Lost" posture. But apparently all the years of being crucified by the media for his impatience, has left some permanent scars on Snyder. He's now going too far, IMO, to try and show them that he's not "fire happy". Gruden is below average.

Snyder's going nowhere.
Neither is Bruce.

Even in yesterday's Press Conference, Gruden acknowledged that 'a lot of things have to change'. I don't think he's stupid. He knows that about the only thing that matters is wins, and although he'd have to be an idiot not to point to available roster the past 2 years as a huge factor, I don't think he believes that's the only area that needs to improve.

And as far as a coaching change, I wouldn't be so sure just yet. Gruden didn't sound super confident yesterday. Snyder may be looking at what the chances of getting an upgrade to Gruden here are before pulling the trigger. Or if he's looking at a new GM, wants to finally let that guy pick his head coach.

The reports that Snyder was shocked at the fan discontent when he learned of #FireBruceAllen and all the calls into the team office, is what bothered me.

You sit in a stadium at home games where there's more opponent color than home color.

The local ratings keep swirling the bowl

Everything points to massive fanbase erosion and you've basically lost a generation of would-be Skins fans.

Plus your President has been here nine years and has a .412 win percentage to show for it.

How could you not know that fans were pissed/apathetic?

One more thing: Gruden said yesterday that communication needed to be better between the Front Office and the coaching staff?

Wait a minute....every offseason they tell us that everyone sits together and no decision is made(regarding player acquisition) unless they all agree.

I guess that's just another shovel full of horse hockey to placate the fan base......

And as far as a coaching change, I wouldn't be so sure just yet. Gruden didn't sound super confident yesterday. Snyder may be looking at what the chances of getting an upgrade to Gruden here are before pulling the trigger. Or if he's looking at a new GM, wants to finally let that guy pick his head coach.
Could be. I certainly hope so. But in order to keep my head up, I'm already resigned to another year of Gruden.

I don't like it. But I can hack it.
And if he is replaced, it'll be like finding an unopened present under the tree.
Then, we just have to hope it's something we like. :betterwink2:

Ax is a trooper! The ability to ingest such a horrible plate of excrement on Sundays is amazing!

I will not watch a single game next year if Bruce Allen and Jay Gruden are the leadership of this team. I refuse to drink the snake oil.

Ax is a trooper! The ability to ingest such a horrible plate of excrement on Sundays is amazing!

I will not watch a single game next year if Bruce Allen and Jay Gruden are the leadership of this team. I refuse to drink the snake oil.

You gotta try muting the sound and playing the Benny Hill music instead.
Come to think of it, who do we have to pay to have that fed into the stadium for the games?
Somebody here has to know someone who can pull this off.
If not for during the game, at least for the pregame.

Scott Van Pelt's comments last night on the Redskins...in case you missed it and are interested.

The Sears reference is right on the mark.

At a time Sears had a profitable tool business and auto center they sold those assets to prop up the failing retail clothing operation.

More visionary leadership would have kept the profitable assets, closed the retail stores and re-launched the brand.

Ditto for the Redskins.

A once proud operation with some valuable assets that seems prepared to allow them to leave or ‘die in place' while the team ignores the failings that are truly dragging the franchise down.

I feel bad for a player like Trent Williams who has played his career here and supported the team despite the frustrations and has been rewarded by nothing but the arrogance and incompetence of Bruce Allen and Dan Snyder.

Scott Van Pelt's comments last night on the Redskins...in case you missed it and are interested.

At first I thought Van Pelt went home, grew a beard, donned a baseball cap and other Redskin gear, stayed up late, and recorded that in his bedroom.
Because if that's what Van Pelt did, it would look exactly like that video.
And sound like it too. Because that guy speaks really well and eloquently in front of a camera, kind of like a sportscaster...at home in his bedroom.

Last edited:

We need a lot more of that on tv and everywhere else.
Literally fill the airwaves and billboards, etc, with non stop reminders of what has happened to this franchise.
Show the Eagles fans at Fedex every where that is possible. So Snyder can see it.

Snyder's going nowhere.
Neither is Bruce.

Ax... nothing you can say will ever get me angry. You have built up a huge reservoir of goodwill based on the number of times you have made me laugh! Besides, while we may raise the temper a few degrees amongst our BGO brothers and sisters, I learned my lesson: aint worth it going over to the dark side when it comes to something as transient as football.

I'm like most fans. I've basically reached the tipping point. The one constant has been DS.

The Skins should be a source of joy. When that primary quality disappears, well then, it's time to reconsider how emotions, cash and time are invested. Perhaps a little less of each is in order.

Otherwise, life goes on. It's short. We make the best of it. It isn't always kind to us.

Ax... nothing you can say will ever get me angry. You have built up a huge reservoir of goodwill based on the number of times you have made me laugh! Besides, while we may raise the temper a few degrees amongst our BGO brothers and sistsrers, I learned my lesson: aint worth it going over to the dark side when it comes to something as transient as football.

I'm like most fans. I've basically reached the tipping point. The one constant has been DS.

The Skins should be a source of joy. When that primary quality disappears, well then, it's time to reconsider how emotions, cash and time are invested. Perhaps a little less of each is in order.

Otherwise, life goes on. It's short. We make the best of it. It isn't always kind to us.

Nicely put brother. That's why I still love you. Elephant on the other hand...

I keed ... I keed...

Happy New Year brothers and sisters! Better days ahead - I'm sure of it :)

Al, I can see how they'd try to make that lame excuse, but attendance at even the home opener was woeful. The last ten years especially have seen a downturn to which I don't understand how Snyder can be blind from the owner's box. Guess he chooses to just imagine he's still clothed.

NT: my daughter has me watching a Taylor Swift concert on TV at the moment. Banal lyrics. Formula show. But, she does speak for 10 to 14 year olds everywhere!

In a word, there are worse things than being a Redskin fan. Not too sure the list is terribly long. But I'm sure it's out there somewhere.

You know, senior leadership rarely knows what's going down on the shop floor - especially in large organizations. They are surrounded by yes people and have concerns focused in places other than day-to-day micro-management. I saw it in the Navy a lot when on senior flag staffs.

Redskins and NFC East 2019 opponents.

Philadelphia Eagles
Home: Dallas Cowboys, New York Giants, Washington Redskins, Chicago Bears, Detroit Lions, New England Patriots, New York Jets, Seattle Seahawks
Away: Dallas Cowboys, New York Giants, Washington Redskins, Atlanta Falcons, Buffalo Bills, Green Bay Packers, Miami Dolphins, Minnesota Vikings

Dallas Cowboys
Home: New York Giants, Philadelphia Eagles, Washington Redskins, Buffalo Bills, Green Bay Packers, Los Angeles Rams, Miami Dolphins, Minnesota Vikings
Away: New York Giants, Philadelphia Eagles, Washington Redskins, Chicago Bears, Detroit Lions, New England Patriots, New Orleans Saints, New York Jets

Washington Redskins
Home: Dallas Cowboys, New York Giants, Philadelphia Eagles, Chicago Bears, Detroit Lions, New England Patriots, New York Jets, San Francisco 49ers
Away: Dallas Cowboys, New York Giants, Philadelphia Eagles, Buffalo Bills, Carolina Panthers, Green Bay Packers, Miami Dolphins, Minnesota Vikings

New York Giants
Home: Dallas Cowboys, Philadelphia Eagles, Washington Redskins, Arizona Cardinals, Buffalo Bills, Green Bay Packers, Miami Dolphins, Minnesota Vikings
Away: Dallas Cowboys, Philadelphia Eagles, Washington Redskins, Chicago Bears, Detroit Lions, New England Patriots, New York Jets, Tampa Bay Buccaneers

(Note, some of these teams did not have links to their home page and were in black text; not sure if significant or not.

Here is my source:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...ponents-for-each-team-set-for-2019-nfl-season

So, in actual fact, the Redskins have 16 away games whereas their 'away' opponents can pencil in a home game.

So, in actual fact, the Redskins have 16 away games whereas their 'away' opponents can pencil in a home game.

Well, you're not watching anyway, right? So doesn't much matter :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.