• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

Having just completed a horrendous 2hr commute to work, thinking about Gruden saying out loud that he quit before the game was over, I can't justify trying to support him getting another year. So, I'll stick with what I said before the season started. Which was, the only way he keeps his job is to make the playoffs. No excuses.

He's a loser. He's a quitter. Sure, like a blind pig who finds the occasional acorn, he could win, occasionally. But he'll never be more than average.

He should be fired. Doubt that he will be. But he should be.

I blind pig can sniff out a acorn... ;)

He won't be, especially because he was just extended, because of optics. When you have a guy who just throws up his arms and says "Eff it," though... like he wants to be fired to collect on a huge payday.

Maybe he'll quit and let his big brother take over.

Not that I'm a huge Jon fan, but he's better than Jay.

Gruden's teams are frequently under-prepared and out-fought on the field.

The Redskins when healthy came out flat at home in the opener against the Eagles.

Cousins is a slow starter as well.

Part of it could be the lack of intensity in training camp and the preseason.

Why does Tom Brady, Russell Wilson and other top qbs play deep into the preseason including Game 4 while Gruden limits the time Cousins spends on the field with a new group of wide receivers?

The Redskins choked away a playoff berth in 2016 by falling down against Carolina and the Giants at home.

This year we see the same thing even with the injuries.

We are up 15 points against New Orleans with just a couple of minutes left and manage to choke away the lead.

All we needed was ONE decent drive to take some time off the clock and prevent Brees from getting that last shot to tie it up and Gruden/Cousins again couldn't get it done.

We are now 1-4 against the East and lost ALL four games against Philly and Dallas by double digits.

You can't win in the NFL if you can't finish games against division opponents.

These are the six most important games of the year and the Redskins rarely go 5-1 or 4-2 against the East.

If it wasn't for the hapless Giants the Redskins would likely have finished 0-6 in the division.

We need a coach who is once again going to focus on winning home games and protecting our own backyard.

Sitting here watching this team lose key games each year at home in prime time is nauseating.

Gruden IS beginning to get that deer in the headlights look that Jim Zorn had in 2009.

And Cousins?

He was awful against LA.

Each week it's 1, 2 or 3 turnovers. Interceptions in the red zone, sack fumbles.

It's clear this guy needs more than just a decent supporting cast like a Rodgers or Brady manages with.

He needs 2 prime wideouts and a line that gives him 3-4 seconds to throw the ball.

The truth is though that more than a few qbs in the NFL can put up gaudy numbers with that type of supporting cast.

Which only goes to show Kirk is not a franchise player in the true sense of the word and if Cleveland orJacksonville (teams that have never won anything) want to give him $120M then bless their hearts.

Last edited:
I thought this team would be competitive in the NFC east this year, even with Dallas and Philly in the division. Didn't turn out that way, injuries, the "loft" at receiver (lack of f***ing talent) and Capt happy feet at qb and Gruden who just can't adjust. Whether or not Gruden is here next year or Kirk depends on these last few weeks, if both continue to look out of place....put them out of place. Sure we'll need a coach, sure we'll need a qb but right now I'm not convinced we have those on the team right now that are taking us anywhere but mediocrity and season after season of misery mired in hopeful yet unrealized expectations.

More NHL watching on the horizon, at least the Caps wait til the playoffs to punch me in the d***

Maybe he'll quit and let his big brother take over.

Not that I'm a huge Jon fan, but he's better than Jay.

I was talking to a friend last night who is NYG fan. Rumor is Jon might be going there.

The Redskins are going to be sorry if the give Cousins the max deal he is looking for.

This year has shown that without a prime lineup at WR and a line that gives him plenty of time he is at best ‘above average'.

And that's against solid to middling teams.

He never engineers wins against the top clubs. In fact in those games we lose by double digits almost every time out.

And that doesn't translate to a long-term commitment of $$$.

Shame for Kirk he doesn't get to see more of the Colts, Browns, NY Jets.

We might see the 325 yards, 3-4 TD games there.

The Redskins are going to be sorry if the give Cousins the max deal he is looking for.

This year has shown that without a prime lineup at WR and a line that gives him plenty of time he is at best ‘above average'.

And that's against solid to middling teams.

He never engineers wins against the top clubs. In fact in those games we lose by double digits almost every time out.

And that doesn't translate to a long-term commitment of $$$.

Shame for Kirk he doesn't get to see more of the Colts, Browns, NY Jets.

We might see the 325 yards, 3-4 TD games there.

It's an argument that can be legitimately made. But I think the 'you aren't going to consistently be a playoff team without a franchise QB' is more compelling. I know you think we can find one, but we won't have a top 5 pick this draft and we've shown no ability to find great QBs in the draft (last example was Cousins who wasn't even our first choice :)).

Did this year show Cousins can't win without top talent around him? Or did it show that he can't win when half the starters are sidelined and we're playing one of the toughest schedules in the league? Middling teams - that's just not accurate. Our schedule has been a bitch this year.

I think it's a moot discussion anyway. I see nothing to lead me to believe Kirk is poised to sign a deal with us. I think it's clear the Redskins won't break the bank for him, and that he will be the most sought after FA this year. Possible we rent him 1 more year if we don't find his replacement in the draft. But I get the sense there are too many barriers to a deal getting done at this point.

I was talking to a friend last night who is NYG fan. Rumor is Jon might be going there.

Isn't that the rumor every time a head coaching vacancy exists? :)

Way I see the Craven's situation? You come back, re-dedicate yourself to the game and team, and all is forgiven. You have another episode where you quit on the team and you will be released immediately. Simple.

Okay seems Cravens is cleared to resume practicing after concussion protocol? I honestly forgot all about him this season with the “retirement” talk.

Something is very strange with this kids situation.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...shington-redskins-cleared-football-activities

"Due to my concussion, my eyes have lost the memory to keep track of moving object, so I have to wear these for the rest of my life,"

My question is, whether Cravens' is exaggerating the condition, as his history tends to indicate such behavior...
Or could his visual tracking ability be a an issue and hinder his performance in the NFL ?
(Looking at this, strictly from a physical point of view, by assuming he remains committed and focused on football)

Cravens is about as trustworthy as a Bennett brother.

IMO, Cravens will never play another down here if Bruce is the GM.

He'll try to work a trade around the draft...but Bruce is done with Cravens, besides, he's a Scot pick. No way in hell he's letting him back.

And yes, I believe Bruce is that petty.

Cravens is a blown pick - he's obviously a head case and McCloughan owns that mistake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe Bruce is Petty LaBelle, but I also believe Cravens' situation is sketchy as hell.

Another player question for you guys. Has Preston Smith just disappeared in most of the games or what? Never see anything from him on the stat line.

"Due to my concussion, my eyes have lost the memory to keep track of moving object, so I have to wear these for the rest of my life,"

My question is, whether Cravens' is exaggerating the condition, as his history tends to indicate such behavior...
Or could his visual tracking ability be a an issue and hinder his performance in the NFL ?
(Looking at this, strictly from a physical point of view, by assuming he remains committed and focused on football)

Didn't he say that on Twitter along with a piccy of him in glasses after the injury and then admitted that it was a joke? A bad joke but a joke nonetheless.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 4, Members: 0, Guests: 4)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.