• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

The team colors are gold but those pants and the tone we use is straight up Heinz mustard yellow. Just try painting a redskins room the actual uniform tones and you see that it is indeed yellow. The throwback spear uniforms were laced with actual gold. No idea why we can't use that tone and still stick with everything else. The pants look like we ripped off the Packers...true Gold would look outstanding.

the gold from this years throwbacks was more of a 'true' gold as well....

I liked our throwbacks a lot, and would love to see them with the helmet the deep burgundy

Yea ST it was a true gold. I agree those throwbacks were some of the best Uniforms I've ever seen with one MAJOR caveat. It was VERY difficult to read the numbers from the stands. Up close they were stunning in an old school vein though.

The older burgundy is more of a true burgundy too, it has more brown and less orange in it and has a cooler tone. I like the old school colors a lot more obviously.

well, the game day nerves have shown up 24 hours late..

Oddly enough, I'm pretty much at peace with this game. We did what nobody thought we could do and, while I'm not simply content to just make the playoffs, I have a feeling I won't be quite as antsy as normal watching this game.

Maybe I'm finally to the point where I BELIEVE. :thewave:

The team colors are gold but those pants and the tone we use is straight up Heinz mustard yellow. Just try painting a redskins room the actual uniform tones and you see that it is indeed yellow. The throwback spear uniforms were laced with actual gold. No idea why we can't use that tone and still stick with everything else. The pants look like we ripped off the Packers...true Gold would look outstanding.

So, if our Yellow is a "mustard yellow", and our Burgundy is a "ketchup burgundy", then why don't we call the Skins, "Ketchup & Mustard" .....sounds a lot better than Burgundy & Gold, doesn't it ? And since Heinz makes both the ketchup and mustard, we could re-name our field, "Heinz Field" :) Then we could sign Hines Ward

Last edited:
That would be gold imho. I have a few items that are gold or gold plated - and that is the color.

NOT GOLD.

You can clearly see the difference.

That's true. Anyone can see the difference.

The matter is now settled. After much analysis - Burgundy and Gold is confirmed.

:book:

:devilish:

That's dark yellow. Just because you darken a color, it doesn't make it another color. Every color has darker shades. It isn't until you mix it with a hue of another color, that it actually becomes another color. I studied Art in college, and I'm very familiar with color combinations, and how they are created.

His recovery from that injury seems to be coming along nicely, though. :rolleyes:

Not a dumb thought at all, Mike-just sayin' don't feel too much guilt over injuring a RB who damn near broke the NFL season rushing record after being injured. :)

Actually, our burgundy is "royal crimson." I'm not sure if our gold has a real name.

That being said, are we that confident about Seattle that we can discuss such mundane things? If so, GOOD!!!!

We are 0-4 this season when we don't have at least 2 long drives of 10 plays or more. 10-2 when we do. And one of those 2 losses was the Giants game we had until a miracle play.

Including this game, we finish the season 0-5 when we don't have at least 2 long drives.

It was a very good season --- I think more than we could have hoped at the beginning of the season. Off season should be exciting with how the skins add players via free agency and the draft. Also, we need to get many of our players back to health. We did have quite few of our starters out.

God I hope Griffin's knee will be okay. I'm thinking he tore the MCL and PCL; I just hope he didn't get all three. That would be bad.

This franchise (and DC sports in general) are truly cursed. This will be confirmed this season when Strasburg blows his arm out again. Ugh. Un-****ing-believable.

Not cursed......just incredibly stupid.

This might just be the deal-breaker for me that causes me to take a step back from football. I devote everything to this sport and this team...and this is how I get repaid. I just don't know. The promise, the future, all flushed down the toilet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 5, Members: 0, Guests: 5)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.