• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

You have to admit - it would be hilarious if Brudan's team lost to a Jones led Gints.

This team has all but emptied me. I'll track through BGO and that's it.

Skins rumored to be going after Jalen Ramsey?

He's probably a top 5 outside corner. He's exactly what we need from a football vantage point. But his likely cost (both now and to re-sign) and being a difficult player would be big issues.

On the other hand if we could pull off a player swap (Trent, Norman, and a mid level pick) might be worth the gamble.

I don't see us landing him. But Philly might.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let's not be surprised. Bruce and the Grudens have been cronies for 25 years. That's how Bruce got Jay here as Jon interceded on Bruce's behalf.

So, Bruce is not going to fire Jay unless he has to.

That said, the club has allowed differences between the front office and Jay on personnel to paralyze things and retard progress.
That's a double edged sword.

On one hand, you want your coach to have the players he wants.

On the other hand, when your coach champions guys like McCoy,Grant,Perine....don't you have to save him from himself?

Manusky would figure out a way to misuse Ramsey, its like his defensive coordinator superpower.

Keim, and JPFinley both have been adamant that this isn't happening.

Guess we'll see. I'd pass.

I'm skeptical too. But while those guys are great coverage guys, the team does not feed them info. They have no more idea than we do. They were just as surprised when we signed Alex Smith as the rest of us.

Doesn't mean this Richmond reporter knows something - but he may have a contact (like an associate of a particular agent) those guys don't).

I'm just passing on the rumor. I think it's quite possible they have reached out. Would be stupid not to considering a rival is one of the front runners for him. Doesn't mean we have the capital to get him, or that we'd be willing to part with it if we did.

Ramsey has the kind of talent on the outside we were supposed to be getting in Josh Norman.

If the Eagles trade for Ramsey and get him for the next two years at a rate lower than Norman it will confirm why we usually end up behind the Eagles in the East.

Good teams will take on a challenge to get a top cover corner.

New England was willing to go all in on Gilmore. Before that they won with Revis and Aqib Talib.

Ramsey has the kind of talent on the outside we were supposed to be getting in Josh Norman.

If the Eagles trade for Ramsey and get him for the next two years at a rate lower than Norman it will confirm why we usually end up behind the Eagles in the East.

Good teams will take on a challenge to get a top cover corner.

New England was willing to go all in on Gilmore. Before that they won with Revis and Aqib Talib.

It's also because those teams having coaching staffs that know how to use players to get the most out of their skills. This isn't just about Norman. It's about pretty much every free agent the Redskins sign. Normally it's on the defensive side where we really see this. Guys were great somewhere else, come to the Redskins and don't perform up to their potential. The good organizations capitalize on what these players can do. The Redskins always seem to be forcing a square peg into a round hole and then wonder why they aren't doing what they did elsewhere.

If for some reason the Redskins get Ramsey, which I believe would be a huge mistake, he won't perform at the same level he has in Jacksonville.

Do we have the money? Doubtful.
Do we have something to trade? Not much.
Do we have a coaching staff that gets maximum effort out of it's players? Hell to the friggin no!
Let the next staff pick and choose who they want.

The Redskins cap is on better shape than you might think. This isn't 2010 with the cap penalty.

Outside of Smith who recently has this team invested big money in.

The team is still in position to have a cap surplus.

Ramsey still has 2 years left on his rookie deal.

Besides there is no doubt in my mind we are walking away from Norman after 2019.

I don't see Dunbar or Moreau at this point as slam dunk future #1 starters.

The past 2 years they haven't been able to stay healthy.

So, you ignore our coaching failure. Is Ramsey so good he can transform everything all by himself? Not a chance.
You also ignore our lack of trade bait.

You don't fail to grab impact players if you can find obtain them because your ‘coaching sucks' :)

Just sayin' ...

And we have as much trade bait as anyone - just a matter of what we would be willing to part with.

You don't fail to grab impact players if you can find obtain them because your ‘coaching sucks' :)

Just sayin' ...
Unless there's an equal chance that he'll cease to be an impact player under shoddy coaching, than there is that he will continue to be an impact guy.
Plus, he's so great the team that has him is willing to ship him out for the unknown.

If he wears the uniform, he'll be my guy. Right now, he's just a mouthy, trouble making malcontent, crying cause he's not getting his way.

Montez Sweat was a #1 pick. He bears watching because he looks stiff and slow to me on the field in an NFL game.

The thought of trading a #1 pick for Ramsey who is only 24 and has proven himself doesn't bother me.

We traded TWO #2 picks for Sweat!

McLaurin just celebrated his 24th birthday and is a rookie.

Ramsey already has time in the league at that age.

Would anyone here not trade Sweat for Ramsey?

Last edited:
The Redskins cap is on better shape than you might think. This isn't 2010 with the cap penalty.

Outside of Smith who recently has this team invested big money in.

The team is still in position to have a cap surplus.

Ramsey still has 2 years left on his rookie deal.

Besides there is no doubt in my mind we are walking away from Norman after 2019.

I don't see Dunbar or Moreau at this point as slam dunk future #1 starters.

The past 2 years they haven't been able to stay healthy.

Do you know who also has 2 years left on his deal and wants to get paid, Trent Williams. Elliott in Dallas was the same way. The years left on the contract doesn't mean anything any more when players want to get paid. Ramsey arrived to Jags camp in a brinks truck. He wants to get paid and I could see him holding out next year wherever he ends up.

If we trade Trent and release Norman we will have the money for Ramsey's extension.

And right now Trent is contributing nothing and Norman is a speed bump on the field.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 4, Members: 0, Guests: 4)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.