• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

While I agree that both the timing and the positions would strongly suggest that McGee is the guy, I totally disagree with the premise.
Just because 2 guys play different positions, it does not mean that one player would/could not be released for the other.
It happens a lot. Sometimes it's all about a roster spot. So sometimes teams just do what they gotta do, whatever that may be, in order to make room for a new player. So it doesn't rule out Gallette, just because he plays a different position than Hood.

What concerns me is I can see Dallas picking up Hood, if he is released this week.

BT, the Skins have played Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees, and Cam Newton over the last three games. Skins have taken two of three in those games. Room for improvement? Sure. But taking two of three from that group is pretty dang good.

McGee like McClain and Hatcher before him is another free agent defensive lineman the team overpaid for.

It's ironic that when we are talking about the OFFENSIVE line this team consistently turns up it's nose at acquiring any depth players in February free agency to backup Scherff or replace Lauvao.

Bruce is not necessarily cheap, but he is selectively cheap.

Paying Josh Norman $20M in 2016 was a decision made in record time after the franchise tag was lifted by Carolina.

But we have employed Lauvao as a starter at LG for 3-4 years despite diminishing returns.

Jay Gruden's Redskins are 2-6 vs the Cowboys in his tenure here.

Dallas' defense is no joke. How do the Redskins win this game?

IMO, if they cannot establish the run game, they're toast.

Thoughts?

Another random thought:

Watch how Joey T drops back. I've only seen Jake Cutler drop back like that after all these years.

The advantage to that to me is that the QB can see the defense instead of turning his back to it.

Wonder why that's been phased out of the game? #justwondering

Maybe the lesson from last week is that Jacksonville was way overrated in 2018 and simply had a Cinderella type year I 2017.

Perhaps those 40 points Dallas scored told us more about the Jags than about Dallas.

Maybe the lesson from last week is that Jacksonville was way overrated in 2018 and simply had a Cinderella type year I 2017.

Perhaps those 40 points Dallas scored told us more about the Jags than about Dallas.

Nah, gotta give Garrett some credit for calling a game to fit the talent on his team. He finally got Dak running the ball out of the pocket to loosen up the defense. Here's to hoping he goes back to relying solely on Zeke, because a mobile QB has been our downfall for years.

Nah, gotta give Garrett some credit for calling a game to fit the talent on his team. He finally got Dak running the ball out of the pocket to loosen up the defense. Here's to hoping he goes back to relying solely on Zeke, because a mobile QB has been our downfall for years.

To be fair, we did just beat Cam Newton. I'd usually add Aaron Rodgers, but he was half crippled in that game, and in the end, Cam is probably the first person mentioned in the "mobile QB" department.

Well, except that even after that blowout the Jaguar defense is ranked 2nd in yards and 9th in scoring, which is fairly consistent with how their defense played last year.

I think a more realistic hope is that Dallas is playing up-and-down right like, like we are, and that we will catch them on a down week.

Of course, we are due for a down week too, so who knows what the hell will happen.

No excuses.

Gruden should start penning his resignation if we don't win.

I agree with this post.

Funny thing was I felt ok with the Caps missing the playoffs a few years ago, as long as it meant GMGM and Adam Oates were out. That was exactly what happened and the Caps now have a Stanley Cup.

Now, I have zero faith that the ‘Skins will ever win a SB under Snyder, but...

No excuses.

Gruden should start penning his resignation if we don't win.

Sure.

I don't know how many times I can post "If we are a good team, this is the type of game we actually win" before we actually, you know, win one of those games.

The Redskins certainly are looking like the 8-8 team they've looked like for the past four years, which would mean they lose this game. At some point the Redskins have to start winning games like this, or it's time to find a coach who will.

It's games like this one when you expect to see guys foaming at the mouth coming out of the tunnel, instead of like they're waiting for the next available massage chair at the mall.

Now, I have zero faith that the ‘Skins will ever win a SB under Snyder, but...

Thing is, we already won 3 Super Bowls with a Snyder.

Of course, he went by the name Jack Kent Cooke back then. And there was no salary cap.

Thing is, we already won 3 Super Bowls with a Snyder.

Of course, he went by the name Jack Kent Cooke back then. And there was no salary cap.

I think you are giving Snyder WAY too much credit.

JKC lived and breathed sports and was a proven successful owner. He's a member of the Canadian Baseball Hall of Fame. He brought the LA Lakers their winningest season to date and their first championship ever. He founded and developed the LA Kings. And then, of course, he won superbowls with the Redskins. He spent decades and decades working with different leagues in different sports and was successful in all of them. He made a name for himself as an owner in, literally, every single major sport.

Snyder has owned one team and has spent the past 20 years beating it into obscurity. Professionally they are nothing alike.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.