• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

It's important to look at these stats together. To be fair, all those points were against top teams and top offenses.
And we even shut down one of those top offenses in Seattle.

He also single-handedly won the Seattle game.

Now it's time to roll.

We're favored by 7 points over the Giants, and we'll be favored in 5 or 6 of the remaining 6 games.

I suspect that we'll go 5-1 here.

HTTR

Now it's time to roll.

We're favored by 7 points over the Giants, and we'll be favored in 5 or 6 of the remaining 6 games.

HTTR

If that happens... that would give us a 9-7 season, equaling the best under Gruden so far and another winning campaign. (Big if!)

With the way this season has been snakebitten (as previously mentioned) that would be a pretty impressive season.

And if that was the case, if he can coax a 9-7 season out of this pit of injury, how would we then judge Gruden's tenure?

I feel like this might be one of those "What could have been" kind of seasons.

Now it's time to roll.

HTTR

Well there is the kiss of death. Lol

Well there is the kiss of death. Lol

I hate to see Lauvao and Long out for the year. That absolutely blows.

But I'm confident in these players. They've got amazing heart. 5-1 is my prediction.

Man could he not cover anyone yesterday. It seemed like every throw in the last 4 minutes was against him. I know it wasn't, but he was trailing in coverage a lot in crunch time.

Yeah at this point Hall seems more of a hindrance than a help. Age & injuries seem to have caught up to him finally.

With 20 odd players either out or limited in what they can do and the team falling from 3-2 to 4-6, it would figure to be the time for the 'blow it up' arguments following the season in re coaches and players, etc.

This year for me is a bit different. Outside of the Cousins situation which preceded the 2017 season, things to me are looking up for this team when you think about the future.

We have transitioned in 2-3 years from an older team to a younger team and those younger players are becoming our best players at certain positions.

Allen and Ioannidis are our two best defensive linemen. We have a number of younger secondary players such as Nicholson, Fuller, Moreau, Dunbar who figure to be part of the future here. Nicholson and Fuller appear to be on their way to becoming better than average players at their positions.

The offensive line with Scherff, Moses, Williams appears to have a strong core and my guess is we find a better LG than Shawn Lauvao going forward.

Again, outside of Cousins the things we need to get better are mostly reachable objectives in an offseason.

We need more talent at running back to complement Chris Thompson. This past year's draft shows good running backs were going into the late second early third rounds, players that are impacting their teams as rookies.

Wide receiver is the other glaring weak spot. The Doctson experiment will continue as it should into 2018 but to develop he really needs a premium pass catcher on the other side to learn from and grow with.

That, other than the Cousins extension/search for a new QB in the draft, is going to cost the most and the team is likely going to have bid in free agency for a quality starter.

But comparing this team to where it was in 2013 or 2014 limping home over the last quarter of the season - there is a lot to be optimistic about.

Certainly, Callahan, Manusky, Tomsulla, etc. have done a quality job mixing and matching lineups and putting street free agents out there and not getting embarrassed the way some other clubs have been.

You could practically field a winning team, just with the players on our IR.
Fortunately, our secondary was not affected.....but hit especially hard was 3 LB's, 3 DL, and 3 RB's.

Terrelle Pryor Sr. WR
Rob Kelley RB
Chris Thompson RB
Keith Marshall RB
Shawn Lauvao G
Spencer Long C
Kevin Bowen T
T.J. Clemmings T
Arthur Jones DL
Phil Taylor Sr. DL
Jonathan Allen DL
Will Compton LB
Mason Foster LB
Trent Murphy LB
Dustin Hopkins K

Last edited:
Exactly. So many players on IR this year and more will miss the game tomorrow.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 7, Members: 0, Guests: 7)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.