• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

So far he seems like a wonderful young man. I would like to personally thank all of those responsible for him dropping to this team.

He's better than anything we currently have on the team, my only question is...why did Buffalo release him after talking him out of retirement?

They didn't talk him out of retirement. He wanted to come out and play again
But he is under investigation for racial slurs during the Jax game and was just arrested today for an altercation at a gym and committed to a psyche unit

I think Incognito has likely been roided up his entire career and his behavioral issues over the years may have more to do with that than anything else. Can you imagine if the Skins had signed him before this happened?

One thing the Skins have done very well over the years, and for which Snyder deserves some minor credit - we typically have stayed away from bad character/off the field issue guys who get into trouble out in the community.

Incognito was a terrible idea before this, and he's a terrible idea now.

Last edited:
I think a pretty cynical take of the NFL's anthem problem is warranted. The only (and I mean ONLY) reason the NFL is 'taking action' has nothing to do with the flag, what Donald Trump thinks, or even the fact that hordes of NFL fans are offended (rightly or wrongly) by players protesting during the National Anthem. None of those things mean jack to NFL owners.

The reason they are addressing the issue is because NFL TV viewership in 2017 declined almost 10% - a huge decline for America's biggest and most popular entertainment vehicle. That's a drop of 1.6 million viewers. I don't know what that amounts to in terms of advertising revenue, but it's significant. And that decrease comes on the heels of an 8% drop from 2015-2016.

There may be a number of reasons for the decline. Cord-cutting where fewer consumers have traditional cable packages, outcry related to domestic violence issues in the NFL, and other factors. But there's no question that many NFL fans have been turned off by anthem protests.

My view has not changed. Players absolutely have the right to conduct personal 'protests' in any way they see fit. Their employer also has the right to penalize those that protest in any way they see fit. The protests are hurting the company they work for - there's no denying that. Whether or not the protest 'cause' is a just one, it doesn't really matter. If I were the NFL commissioner, I'd have made it easy. You protest during working hours, you will be suspended (and forfeit your pay) for the next game. That would eliminate the issue immediately.

The truth is, no one's rights are being trampled on here. We all work under the constraints of our employer in terms of what is considered appropriate behavior at work. I see no reason why millionaire athletes should be exempt from that ordinary reality. They have unlimited ability to express unhappiness, fight injustice, and to say whatever they feel needs to be said when they are not on the field for an NFL game.

Incognito: Has he ever tested positive for PED's? Dunno. Wouldn't shock me if he was on them now... I've never been this happy to be wrong.

Anthem: People seem to forget the First Amendment doesn't exist in the private sector. Malcolm Jenkins, Chris Long and etcetera seem to be ignorant to that fact. They may do whatever they like, but the teams and the league may punish accordingly. I do believe the decline has a lot to do with the anthem protests. A whole lot of people, not necessarily white conservatives, get tired of watching millionaires act out of total narcissism and lies like "hands up, don't shoot," the Bennett brothers acting like a total idiots and divas (and flat-out lying, in the case of both), a sub-par QB not getting a job or claims that even the DoJ doesn't back.

Last edited:
I'll readily admit I have no basis for putting the PED thing out there in terms of Incognito. He just seems to have a lot of the impulse control issues I associate with it. I could be wrong but I think steroid use is probably still rampant in the NFL but that players have access to sophisticated masking techniques. I also don't think the NFL is nearly as interested in eradicating PEDs as Pro Baseball has been, for whatever reason.

But I could've totally wrong. Incognito's issues may not have anything to do with PEDs or CTE. He may simply be mentally ill or may just be an evil SOB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We are 1 week away from getting our first real look at our 2018 Redskins in their entirety. Redskins mandatory minicamp upcoming. Going to be some of the stiffest competition at some spots we've had in a long, long time. Can't wait to see this team come together.

I am personally very excited about the prospects of the coming season.

But so was Charlie Brown every time Lucy held the football.

I'm genuinely interested to see how what I think has been a very low key but strong off season so far will play out during the season.

I'm naturally optimistic and have repeatedly been burned by this team so I'm trying to keep a level head this year. I'm not thinking about Superbowl trophies or even playoff runs.
I really just want a solid season where we can keep the team healthy, see what we have moving forwards and set ourselves up for contention in the future.

I think between getting healthy from last year and quietly putting the right pieces in place this year we are on the cusp of that.

Annoyingly it's coinciding with a period of time where our Division rivals are also looking strong (or at least 2 of them are!). I do wonder if we're about to get our title back as the toughest division in the league. I have fond memories of the days when all the Superbowl champions seemed to come from the NFC East.

I really just want a winning record this year. I'd love a 10-6 at least and to stay competitive in our division to the end.

There's so many new pieces this year between Smith and Guice and Payne, and with players like Reed, Allen and Thompson all coming back from injuries and with players like Doctson poised to make a leap.... All very positive, but of course all really unknowns.

Lucy be damned, I'm kicking that football! :D

They couldn't have done it on a day when... I don't know... people wouldn't be paying just a hair more attention to the Caps bringing the Stanley Cup to DC... ?

Nick

Couldn't agree more. They might point to the fact that this has no doubt been in the works in terms of planning for months and months. And that there was no way they could have predicted the Caps would win the Stanley Cup and that the celebration parade would be held on the same day. But yeah, I think the obvious counter to that is that these Replacement Players have waited decades to receive recognition, so the urgency to absolutely do it today seems a little silly.

That being said, I'm glad that these guys are finally getting some bling to prove they really were part of a Super Bowl winning year, so they can stop getting accused of just making the shit up at the local bar :)

The Ringer had an article on the 'Most Underrated Position Groups in the NFL'

Redskins made the cut :D

Here's what they said:

Redskins Defensive Line

I really can't think of a better word to describe what I expect the Redskins' defensive front to be this year other than, simply, badass. They might not get the most sacks, they might not be the most explosive group, but a defensive line that pairs second-year pro Jonathan Allen with former Alabama teammate and rookie Da'Ron Payne is going to be a pain (both literally and figuratively) for offensive linemen. That disruptive duo should draw plenty of attention on each snap, giving defensive tackle Matt Ioannidis, veteran Stacy McGee, and rookie Tim Settle―who is not a small human at 6-foot-3 and 329 pounds―the opportunity to shine.

On the edge, Ryan Kerrigan (13.0 sacks, three forced fumbles, one pick) remains the pass-rushing rock, Preston Smith (8.0 sacks) has breakout-star potential, and Anthony Lanier (5.0 sacks) will look to build off last year's promising campaign. Add in second-year linebacker Ryan Anderson (who may play a little bit inside), veterans Pernell McPhee and Ziggy Hood, and Washington's built a deep, versatile, and physical front.

And here's the link if you want the rest of the article. Article

I'm REALLY keen to see this Defence on the field. ARGH!!! I want the season to start!!!! There seems to be a lot of truly genuine positive buzz this year around the team. Not hype, but just buzz.
Smith looks to be settling in, Guice is fast becoming one of my fave players and he hasn't played yet! Every position is looking positive and I'm loving it.

Not saying we're Superbowl ready, but it feels good this year.

We've had buzz before but it has usually come from some form of hype. Am I alone if finding this year a little different so far?

I would say if the cards fall right no pun intended and we beat them in game 1 we should be a pretty decent team and challenge for the division

Got a question for you guys who've attended games the last few years. Was watching a video way back when Sean played with us and it showed him and the team dancing to the PA system music. Seems it was a tv timeout or something.

My question is has our D done anything like this over the last few seasons? Seems back in the day GW had them playing as a unit, & having fun at it.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XWFI0PcvaqM

Imho this is definitely missing & hopefully starts up again

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.