• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

When you put on the heat... Cousins gets a 31 QBR.

Touché

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The actual drama is over.

But those who crave the drama will do all they can to convince us it isn't.

This may come as blasphemy to some, but I am going to say something positive about the FO.
When it comes to great players that we both want and need, and players whose services we have had to compete with against multiple other suitors, the FO has been able to do what's necessary to obtain/sign these great players, while getting the upper hand against the other suitors.
Just to put out a few players who fit all the above criteria.

DeSean Jackson
Josh Norman
Alex Smith

If the FO was completely incompetent, and also disrespected by actual players across the league, they would not have been able to get deals like this done.

And to cover all bases, and also actually show that the FO has improved over time, they've done all of the above deals without overpaying and turning our cap situation into a disaster.

Last edited:
If the FO was completely incompetent, and also disrespected by actual players across the league, they would not have been able to get deals like this done.[/I]
And to cover all bases, and also actually show that the FO has improved over time, they've done all of the above deals without overpaying and turning our cap situation into a disaster.

We won more playoff games with Vinny Cerratto in the FO than we have with Bruce Allen.

Redskins under Bruce Allen from 2010-2017 were 52-75 -1...an 8 year span.

Redskins under Vinny Cerrato from 2002-2009 were 58-74...an 8 year span.

Let that sink in for a while.

Tell me again how we've progressed?

Come on El, you know that ain't fair.

The Vin had Joe Gibbs for a while. That's where the playoff win comes from.

Bruce had to, at the very least, share power with The Sham, to start off. And now he has to stick by his boy Gruden (Dead Coach Walking)

Kindergarten Ninja was also around in '99 and '00, so that's really ten years and a missed FG away from a playoff win.

We won more playoff games with Vinny Cerratto in the FO than we have with Bruce Allen.

Just when I thought I couldn't feel worse/less (to be honest I'm mostly ambivalent about the Skins these days) about being a Skins fan ya gotta go and throw some more reality on the heap...Cripes E yer killin me!

The definition of progression is how a person has performed most recently.
Most recently, the Redskins' record under Allen over the past 3 years is a .510 winning percentage.
Compared to a winning percentage of .438 over the last 3 years of Vinny.
Even Jay Gruden as a coach has a better winning percentage over his most recent 3 years, than Joe Gibbs over his last 3 years.

The definition of progression is how a person has performed most recently.
Most recently, the Redskins' record under Allen over the past 3 years is a .510 winning percentage.
Compared to a winning percentage of .438 over the last 3 years of Vinny.
Even Jay Gruden as a coach has a better winning percentage over his most recent 3 years, than Joe Gibbs over his last 3 years.

That's about the most foolish thing I've heard in a while. The reality is, Allen is a failure here...there simply is no disputing that. 52-75-1 is a failure rate no matter how you look at it.. 8 years and a losing record by 20 games.

You can sugarcoat it all you want, it is a horrible record for anyone in charge of a major sports team. You want to suggest the team is progressing based on the most recent past, 9-7, 8-7-1, 7-9 would be regression by your standards.

Last edited:
All I did was state facts.
And those facts are indisputable.

9CF27073-025A-4186-BD6E-564DD081E8C9.gif

So....

"After going 2-0 filling in for Tom Brady in New England in 2016 and then leading the 49ers to a 5-0 record to close out this season, Garoppolo now has the most impressive W of his career: a five-year, $137.5 million deal, $74 million of which is guaranteed. NBC's Raj Mathai first reported the deal, NFL Network's Mike Garafolo first reported the annual figure, and NBC Sports' Matt Maiocco followed up with the guaranteed money. The deal is still unofficial."

Over to you Kirk! :D

While I understand the way the NFL free agent market for QB's goes, only an idiot would pay him, or Cousins this kind of money.

Hell, guys with a Lombardi on their resume aren't worth it. But at least you're paying for someone who has "done it" at least once.

Verses 2 guys who haven't even "sniffed it" yet.

Build a TEAM, and the top notch "Franchise QB" becomes far less essential.

While I understand the way the NFL free agent market for QB's goes, only an idiot would pay him, or Cousins this kind of money.

Hell, guys with a Lombardi on their resume aren't worth it. But at least you're paying for someone who has "done it" at least once.

Verses 2 guys who haven't even "sniffed it" yet.

Build a TEAM, and the top notch "Franchise QB" becomes far less essential.

Yeah that was my sentiment.

Kirk is going out there and many expect (or expected) him to reset the market rate for QB's. Garoppolo got a monster deal off the back of a 7 game sample size?!

Now by all accounts he's looked pretty darned good.... but 7 games?

I know this is not specifically Redskins related, but you've got to wonder where this kind of spending leads. Let's say Kirk now goes out in FA and tops that number on the back of his fancy stats over the last few years and because the Jets or the Browns of someone is so desperate to put a competent QB behind Centre.

Next up for QB contracts are Ryan and Rodgers if I recall. If this is the money they'll pay to Garoppolo and Cousins, what sort of contracts are they going to get?

The kinds of contracts that cripple an organisation for years even with a rising salary cap?

The problem is that the NFL has a habit of letting the desperate teams with no financial savvy dictate market value for players by overpaying them. We've always had instances of it, but this is the first time I can recall when this problem could be a real issue simply because of the QB's hitting the market this off season.

Maybe I'm blowing it out of proportion, but the numbers in that Garoppolo deal just made me muse on it.

Welcome to the Skins Alex Smith. :D

What's crazy about that contract and probably with whatever Cousins gets is that 3 weeks ago, it looked like there may be a market correction on the overpaying of QBs. But after the offensive show the Eagles put on and Brady making it to the Super Bowl and putting up huge numbers as well, here we are again with massive QB contracts.

When all is said and done with these contracts, Smith will look like a steal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, if the NFL doesn't start getting a handle on their image problems, contracts like these will speed up them collapsing under their own weight.

As good as the owners have been at colluding, they can't seem to stop this ridiculous rise in contract prices.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.