• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

Wasn't that Moreland that blew that coverage?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it was. The only thing I remember is that it wasn't Norman. Because that's the first thing I looked for. But whoever it was, he was pounding his chest because he knew it as soon as it happened.

My point is that after a certain number of years these types of on field miscues are evidence of lack of preparation and that goes back on the program.

Now you could say that unlike New England the Redskins simply draft stupid players and the coaching staff can only do so much with them.

That point may or may not be valid.

But I always thought the strength of a coach was the ability to play to his guys strengths and try and schematically limit the exposure of their weaknesses.

We don't seem to do that.

Gruden and Co. seem to have the mindset that even if there are injuries or very raw players out there they can simply call all of the plays they would regularly call.

Gibbs strength and what we have seen from other top teams today is they modify what they are doing on the fly to account for these adversities.

I recall reading that Ty Law said during the 2004 season Belichick and his coaches came in week to week with a game plan that often was very different from the game before.

Players were expected to learn it and execute it.

But Law said Belichick was a master of knowing what the players on his team were NOT capable of doing based on lack of experience or size/speed issues and schemed around them rather than helping to expose them.

I really shudder in imagining just how many Cowboys fans are going to flood Fed Ex on Sunday. You'll hear boos and noise when the Skins are on offense and cheers when they get scored on. It will be shockingly noticeable even on TV.. The players will be shocked and angry when they experience our new rendition of a ‘home field crowd'. Case Keenum today said he can't wait to play at home on front of a big home team crowd.

He's got a rude awakening coming unfortunately.

I hate it for the players and I hate that we literally have no home field advantage of any kind. But I don't blame the fans. They've had the hope and enthusiasm beaten out of them. I know I won't drive 5 hrs to DC to watch a home game. And I won't criticize fellow fans who also decide it's not worth making the trip.

But I think it's going to be eye-openingly bad on Sunday. And it will make me sad to see it.

It's often feels worse just before you hit bottom 😜

The year before Gibbs came there were fans with bags on their heads during home games in 1980 as the team at one point was 3-10 and the club failed to negotiate a contract with 1,100 yard rusher John Riggins who was holding out so to speak in his own manner.

The bags were the final straw for owner Jack Kent Cooke who told GM Bobby Beathard to ‘find a new coach'.

Jack Pardee was fired after the last game.

Hopefully, a ring of Cowboys fans will be enough for the momentum to gain steam for Snyder to pull the plug on Gruden and Allen at the end of the year.

And that's the only real hope here.

Even if Haskins gets on the field he deserves a fresh start with a new staff.

Man, I keep typing stuff and then deleting it.

I've got nothin. There's nothing left.

Boone, I agree with every word you said. I think I'll leave it at that.

What really pisses me off is watching Gruden make a fool out of himself with AP after this weekend's fiasco.

Unnecessary BS.

You have a 1,000 yard back under contract and are starting a 23 year old for whom it's his firstNFL game, a player with a significant injury history.

Of course you keep the 1,000 yard back active.

What if the youngster goes down on his first carry?

What happens if he rushes for 18 yards on 10 carries?

Oh, wait he did that didn't he?

So, I know there is a ton of justifiable doom and gloom currently...but I'm in Glen Burnie until Sunday, and was curious if you had recommendations on a good place to watch the game locally?

I can't make the stadium because of my flight time, but would like to somewhat check out some local items on my first visit here. Lots of reasons to dread things, but might as well enjoy a new experience for myself, if anyone is willing to recommend.

Damn Shi, wish I could help you. Know some people in Glen Burnie. But don't know anything about the town.

The best I can do is to say, Glory Days Grill. It's a chain. I have only been to the one here at home. They have multiple tv's, decent variety of food. And beer.
Obviously, the quality of places like these is dependent on each particular staff/regulars. If you're not far from it, you could do a pregame driveby to check it out.

According to the website, the address is 7939 Ritchie Hwy. Phone#443-749-4376
Good luck. HTTR!

Disclaimer: Ax is not responsible if this turns out to be the worst recommendation known to man.

I really shudder in imagining just how many Cowboys fans are going to flood Fed Ex on Sunday. You'll hear boos and noise when the Skins are on offense and cheers when they get scored on. It will be shockingly noticeable even on TV.. The players will be shocked and angry when they experience our new rendition of a ‘home field crowd'. Case Keenum today said he can't wait to play at home on front of a big home team crowd.

He's got a rude awakening coming unfortunately.

I hate it for the players and I hate that we literally have no home field advantage of any kind. But I don't blame the fans. They've had the hope and enthusiasm beaten out of them. I know I won't drive 5 hrs to DC to watch a home game. And I won't criticize fellow fans who also decide it's not worth making the trip.

But I think it's going to be eye-openingly bad on Sunday. And it will make me sad to see it.

hopefully we can jump out to a 28 point lead and silence them before they rally to win it

The Redskins won't just lose straight away.

They will be up 20-0 instead of 21-0 because of a blocked extra point and will lose 21-20.

Damn Shi, wish I could help you. Know some people in Glen Burnie. But don't know anything about the town.

The best I can do is to say, Glory Days Grill. It's a chain. I have only been to the one here at home. They have multiple tv's, decent variety of food. And beer.
Obviously, the quality of places like these is dependent on each particular staff/regulars. If you're not far from it, you could do a pregame driveby to check it out.

According to the website, the address is 7939 Ritchie Hwy. Phone#443-749-4376
Good luck. HTTR!

Disclaimer: Ax is not responsible if this turns out to be the worst recommendation known to man.

Thanks for the assist sir. I'm willing to go a bit south, just have to be to the airport at 4, so if there is a better option that way, I'm open.

Well, if you're flying out of BWI, that Glory Days will have you close to the airport. A driveby could tell you whether the place was a dump, or not.

One thing I did forget to mention. That area is likely infected with large numbers of Baltimoron fans. They can be the most annoying fans in football.

You might try to pm Brother Elephant. Bet he'd know.

Just tell him I ordered him to help you out. He owes me.

I think the Miami Dophins board is in better spirits than this site right now.

We're beating Dallas this weekend. I don't even think that's in doubt.

Well, if you're flying out of BWI, that Glory Days will have you close to the airport. A driveby could tell you whether the place was a dump, or not.

One thing I did forget to mention. That area is likely infected with large numbers of Baltimoron fans. They can be the most annoying fans in football.

You might try to pm Brother Elephant. Bet he'd know.

Just tell him I ordered him to help you out. He owes me.

It's solid and near the hotel, seems like it'll work. You rock as always Ax.

If nothing else I'll be the burgundy in a sea of purple.

The Redskins won't just lose straight away.

They will be up 20-0 instead of 21-0 because of a blocked extra point and will lose 21-20.

I'm with you. We'll be leading heading in to half time, but half way through the third they will hit the front and go on with it.

Guice may be out significant time...

Unfortunately it appears that Guice is a player that is going to be challenged by injuries. He had an ACL in college and got hurt on his first preseason carry in 2018 and again in his first NFL game in 2019.

It's a bit early but I am starting to feel as if this could be Jordan Reed II. I hope not.

But again this natural attrition at the running back position is what makes 11 and 12 year vets like Peterson and Frank Gore so amazing as 1,000 yard rushers at age 32/33 in today's game.

Guice is going to have to go on IR if we are talking 6-8 weeks.

What is interesting to me from yesterday was the ‘sourced' comment that outside of Gruden most at Redskins Park thought that from a performance standpoint Peterson ‘won' the RB job in camp/preseason.

If Guice plays even half as many games in his career as Jordan Reed has I'll be shocked.

He's looking a lot more like Malcolm Kelly at this point. And a guy who can't be trusted about his own health. The first thing he said after the last game was "that he was happy to get out of the game healthy. "

Let's hope he sees different doctors than last season.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.