• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

This would be the ultimate at any BGO tailgate. Sure would like to have one.

Had a dream last night where Jon Gruden called up little brother Jay and gave him problem child Khalil Mack for a future 2nd and 5th round pick.

Had a dream last night where Jon Gruden called up little brother Jay and gave him problem child Khalil Mack for a future 2nd and 5th round pick.

Who does he replace?

I don't want Mack here. He evidently is all about the money and everything else be damned. Guys like him and Suh aren't worth the trouble for a team like the Redskins.

It's tough enough for NE or Pittsburgh to deal with these me-go type of players.

Want Mack ?
We don't even NEED him.
Spend that money on stuff we need.
We're both talented and deep on the Dline as it is.
Sure having Mack would be a luxury......but every luxury has its sacrifice.....and it would be at the sacrifice of what ? and would it be worth it ?

I'm fine with the rotation of Allen, Payne, Ion, Settle, etc.

ESPN is crazy. The headline is the Mack trade vaults the Bears into contending status with the Vikings and the Packers in the NFC North.

I think that is a joke. Both Minnesota and Green Bay have established quarterbacks and talent up and down the roster, while the Bears are a team with a quarterback who still carries some question marks, an offensive line that is average at best, and a young defense that has some growing to do.

Losing two #1 picks is going to hurt too because in the age of the cap those are two potential pro bowl players you have on cheap contracts for 4-5 years.

As the Redskins found out from 2013-2015 not having a #1 pick was a real obstacle in adding core pieces to the team to allow it to improve on a steady incline.

The irony here? With Khalil Mack on the roster and being uber-productive the Raiders defense still finished in the 20's in 2017.

The Vikes' O-Line is highly questionable, too. I have a feeling the path for GB may be easier than people think. A lot of the Minny hype, I have a feeling, is anti-Redskins jabber.

Nick

I don't get the Green Bay hype either.

Rodgers has already been complaining about his receiving talent and they don't really have that great of a running game.

Their defense gets hyped at the beginning of every season only to steadily decline as the season goes forward.

They've basically hamstrung their roster with Rodgers' contract so their roster building will be rough going forward.

I understand why the Raiders didn't want to pay Mack. They're not ready to contend and the money he wants would have hamstrung them.

From the Bears point of view I don't get it. They aren't ready to compete and now they've lost draft picks too. Feels like a bad move.

Glad we didn't do anything rash. I'd rather see how our young guns pan out.

As for Green Bay... no idea how they'll be especially early. Rodgers took no snaps pre-season, which wouldn't be unusual or a problem but he's lost his favourite targets over the last couple of years. No Jordy this year. Their run game is suspect and their defence was overrated.

And that's a lot of money to fork out every year...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As for Green Bay... no idea how they'll be especially early. Rodgers took no snaps pre-season, which wouldn't be unusual or a problem but he's lost his favourite targets over the last couple of years. No Jordy this year. Their run game is suspect and their defence was overrated.

Plus having to face Mack twice a year :)

Plus having to face Mack twice a year :)

Yeah, Wifey is not happy about that. Lol

The Pack community that she's part of aren't very optimistic this year. Even the signing of Rodgers seems to have been met with muted satisfaction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Again, though, the Raiders had a difficult time beating the 6-10 Broncos and trying to stay close to the Chiefs last season and that was WITH Mack in the lineup.

He put up some great stats the past 2 years but the Raiders games I watched his impact was muted when clubs were able to double him and keep the defense on the field and wear them down.

Mack is not Reggie White or Lawrence Taylor in his prime.

He is not a guy that is going to be the face of a franchise.

But the Bears paid him as if he is and that will cost them down the line in re the cap.

It's one reason that clubs like NE and Pittsburgh that contend each year are leery of committing big dollars to any one player or giving up multiple high picks.

Those kinds of move almost always seem to come back and bite the team that makes the deal.

Suzy Cravens made the Denver 53......

then was promptly put on IR.

lol

Suzy Colber Cravens can return week 8.

Man... so much for the dumpster juice rogues gallery of draft picks that really was McLovin's term here.

IMO you want to stay away from tweeners early in the draft. These guys are the most high risk going to the NFL.

For the Redskins who lacked core talent in 2015 we really didn't have the luxury of taking a guy like Cravens that high up in the draft at #2 .

The fact he has a fragile psyche as demonstrated in college only meant we should have passed on him without a second thought.

Geez........I was reading an ESPN preview for the Bucs and saw that Adam Gettis our #5 pick from 2012 is still in the NFL as a backup guard. Guy is a survivor 🙂

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 4, Members: 0, Guests: 4)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.