• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

I would rather play the Packers or Falcons defenses. Neither secondary has NFL caliber matchup corners.

Ryan would no doubt put up 35-40 on the Redskins D, but I could see us winning the game 48-41 in the manner of the Saints-Cardinals game a week or two ago.

Anyone know if any of the current Redskins still run the 5'oclock club?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Different eras. Players party no doubt, but they aren't going to be doing it at Redskins Park. I also think the days when you could both have a beergut and be athletically competitive, even at the QB position, are long gone.

I just wondered if the tradition persisted in any way.

The Five O'Clock Club and similar team insider cliques are usually established by veteran players who have bonded through winning.

Even if that kind of thing were still 'done' which as Boone rightly notes is unlikely due to NFL rules about alcohol use, the Redskins are a 'new' team in terms of trying to learn how to win and play together. These guys have not been through the wars for any length of time.

So, I would be shocked if Washington was one of the teams you would figure had such 'inside the team' club, etc.

On a related note, we have searched since this site opened for an photograph of the actual '5 O'Clock Club' (supposedly an equipment shed at the Park) but have never been able to locate one. If anyone can find one out there, I've got a nice Redskins-related prize for you.

Unfortunately, Riggins doesn't look like the nostalgic type to take a picture of a shed :laugh:

Riggins was invited to the club himself, it was a veterans club which as Boone says was held in a tiny equipment shed.

I was just idly wondering if that tradition had been passed down or if it ended in the 80's. Even if it evolved past the shed and past alcohol. Whether spiritually it was still going.

I've never seen photos just heard the stories.

So, you were wondering if past alcohol use was still going on in a 'spiritual sense' :laugh: :laugh:

I love you, man....................................

Lol when you put it like that...

I imagine the tradition of the club died in the 90's. It doesn't seem like the kind of thing they'd do these days.

But i thought it'd be cool if it had somehow been passed down and still persisted in some form.

It's that kind of club and the Hogs etc that gave the team its personality back then. I miss that.

On a related note, we have searched since this site opened for an photograph of the actual '5 O'Clock Club' (supposedly an equipment shed at the Park) but have never been able to locate one. If anyone can find one out there, I've got a nice Redskins-related prize for you.

The chance this is really it is probably slim and you've probably already seen it. But I found a FB page about it and at least it looks like a run down tool shed. Although the picture doesn't look old. ;-)

https://www.facebook.com/pg/The-5-OClock-Club-250103988123/photos/?tab=album&album_id=442063518123

The chance this is really it is probably slim and you've probably already seen it. But I found a FB page about it and at least it looks like a run down tool shed. Although the picture doesn't look old. ;-)

https://www.facebook.com/pg/The-5-OClock-Club-250103988123/photos/?tab=album&album_id=442063518123

You should go in there sometime, and check it out for yourself.
Like on a really dark night with a full moon, and when the wolves are howling, and the wind is slightly blowing so the doors and windows creak.

I swear if the team comes out and shits the bed like the panther game I may taser a baby moose.

Different eras. Players party no doubt, but they aren't going to be doing it at Redskins Park. I also think the days when you could both have a beergut and be athletically competitive, even at the QB position, are long gone.

What about Sebastian Janikowski?

I thought we had one...I have seen one of the guys outside of the shed, posing.

Last night I was offered a ticket to the Skins game today...I had no intention of going, just wanted to enjoy the last regular season game with you guys in chat, but...

...how on earth can I pass on front row seats in the EZ?

This is a marquis Fox game so there will be more cameras in the stadium, I will likely be on TV...look for me! :laugh:

This will only be my 3rd game this year, I have not wanted to attend as many (9 games last year). We won the other 2, the last one being the Packers on Sunday Night. Hope to keep the streak alive!

HTTR!!!

I thought we had one...I have seen one of the guys outside of the shed, posing.

This?
IMG_2640.PNG
IMG_2641.JPG

Or no?

I've seen both of those. First one may be it but that's a capture from a video and the quality isn't good enough to use.

At least Romo threw a TD.

Sanchez threw 2ints! I bet they're glad he's their back up to Dak! Lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 4, Members: 0, Guests: 4)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.