• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

Nope, at tackle from what I can see. But hey, I'm blind in one eye, and blond in the other.

LOL right on

as far as I know Lavou is playing guard and Long is playing center IIRC they IR lichstinger but I could be mistaken on that

2 sources I trust more than CNN so I'll take it. Whatever the combo is seems to be jiving pretty damn well.

On another note, has NFLN stopped the condensed replay of all the games throughout the week? Haven't been able to find ours since started looking a couple weeks ago. Only game I've seen is the bedshitting Pit game, blah

What an amazing day.

There are some incredible stats about our team right now, but this one is surprising:

Through 6 games, Matt Jones is 7th in NFL in rushing. Jones has 6 fewer yards than LeGarrette Blount despite 20 fewer carries.

31 rushes not counting Kirk's....they're learning.

Is Trent still playing guard?

I agree they're learning, but yet still in the Redzone they went to the pass on short yardage again without too much success. Very frustrating. Granted today in the Redzone they were way more successful than in the past but they are still the cardiac Redskins...

I've not even logged in to Game Centre, let alone the chatroom! As I get older, it's that much harder to stay awake until kick-off, and it's even harder to get up at that time (unless I'm off to the loo!). I just wait until I wake up and check the scores on the computer.

The last two games has got me reconsidering staying up until 4am and beyond.

Malcom Kelly is somewhere on an exercise bike, making a combback.

-Vinny Cerrato

Fixed that for ya'... :wink:

He must be hanging with Chris Samuels, who is simply waiting to get over a little neck discomfort. Right, Vinny... :rolleyes-new:

Nick

31 rushes not counting Kirk's....they're learning.

Is Trent still playing guard?

I dunno... 34 pass attempts and 33 rushes...

I don't know about you guys but I'm so sick and tired of the off balance offence ALWAYS being skewed towards the pass game. I mean it's getting ridiculous now!

The net results when we screw up the parity between rush and pass is that we accidentally run for 230 yards. (almost as many as the 263 we passed for! I mean what's this nonsense!!!

What's more I think it's high time our Defense stepped up. They forced our Offense to be on the field for 34 mins of the game. Shocking! 34 mins!! Purely selfish of them to get more rest than the Offense, honestly what were they thinking.

If we continue this kind of trend we're doomed. :(

Joking aside, that was a hell of a balanced performance!

The stat that got me this morning...

34 Pass attempts, for 263 yards and an average of 7.7 ypa.

33 Run attempts, for 230 yards and an average of 7.0 ypa.

I agree they're learning, but yet still in the Redzone they went to the pass on short yardage again without too much success. Very frustrating. Granted today in the Redzone they were way more successful than in the past but they are still the cardiac Redskins...
I hated seeing us go shotgun on 3rd and 2.

I loved that we pounded the ball in inside the 5 at the end of the first half.

We are definitely getting there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Here's a thought...

No Reed last night and our Run game flourished. Coincidence?

We used Niles Paul in the game and while he never caught a pass, he is a superior run blocker to Reed.

In the past I suspect having him in the lineup tips the opposition off to expect the run. If Reed is in a Pass is more likely, if we sub out Reed and put in Niles then a run is probably imminent.

With that in mind did the fact that there was no Reed yesterday and we were using Davis and Niles as TE's mean that the Defense couldn't so easily cue the defense stance off our lineups at times?

Discuss.

Obvious personnel switches definitely tip the hat for certain plays so I think the probability that not having Reed as you stated was a plus when it came to run game along with the better blocking skills not just from Niles but also Davis. I also think for Kirk and the coaches having Reed out there is like riding a bike with training wheels. When you're not worried about falling down you become complacent on how to ride, you cannot learn true balance and it becomes more of a hindrance over time the more one relies on them. Without Reed, Kirk was forced to look for different routes and options, although he still stared down a lot of first reads in this past game, it also forces the coaches to adjust to utilizing different plays instead of well it's 3rd and 6, throw to Reed type outcomes. Reed is a helluva of a player, a talent you cannot replicate on the roster but at the same time there's too many weapons being underutilized to not recognize that a change in mindset it also needed, maybe this is the starting point for different gameplans and approaches even if/when Reed returns.

Absolutely. Last year was much worse in that regard, as we had one TE who couldn't block and two TEs who couldn't catch. I think maybe Gruden is used to that dynamic, but maybe now he sees that we can have more versatility this year.

Here's a thought...

No Reed last night and our Run game flourished. Coincidence?

We used Niles Paul in the game and while he never caught a pass, he is a superior run blocker to Reed.

In the past I suspect having him in the lineup tips the opposition off to expect the run. If Reed is in a Pass is more likely, if we sub out Reed and put in Niles then a run is probably imminent.

With that in mind did the fact that there was no Reed yesterday and we were using Davis and Niles as TE's mean that the Defense couldn't so easily cue the defense stance off our lineups at times?

Discuss.

While I see the point of this and think it could have some impact, I don't think it is whole story. We were running up inside yesterday and that has little to do with the TE. More likely this is because Long is a bigger body than Lichtenstieger and he is a much better run blocker. The Line was moving guys off the ball yesterday and getting to the second level.

A lot of commentary from the pundits regarding the RB position, they think the Oline has been fine all along (maybe a nod to Long's size but needs to technique up better on some) but the primary reason is competition.

There are now 3 guys competing for game day snaps with no apparent designated starter and they are feeding off each other.

Yeah, Niles has been blocking his ass off but too many times the RB (Jones) was just missing the holes or 'skipping' into them with no forward momentum for a guy his size.

Plug in Kelly and he's decisive and hits it hard, might not always be the 'correct' hole but that's what is needed out of Jones. Thompson wants it too and the little buggar hits it hard as well.

Jones has still got to work on ball security, that last run for the clincher, great run but the ball was still up for grabs on the defenders side for a long while, don't remember if he finally switched hands but maybe a few more yards could be had by defending himself with the inside hand with the ball tucked tight on the outside.

Aside from the pick six, Kirk was on most of the game.... don't recall how many drops there were but the drop by Djax for the TD alone would have made Kirk's stat line a bunch better. Even on the pick some where saying that Davis should have moved toward the ball more aggressively. Still a bad throw to me tho.

Yep, still need mo' better third and short plays in there.... the neat thing is now they're getting into that scenario a lot more...bonehead penalties were down too, nice to see.

The feeling after winning four in a row.

Gruden.jpg

Josh Norman looks thrilled that he's not on a 1-5 Carolina team lol.

That's McCloughan being ... handled ... right? If so, can anyone recall ever seeing a GM--any sport, any time, any where--celebrated by the players the way we've seen Scot treated?

Most interesting.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.