• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

'Shawn Lauvao is back at practice and expects to play on Sunday'.

We weren't able to run the ball for 2.5 games with Lauvao and Lichtensteiger out there and now in the last half of the Giants game and the Browns game we were able to get yardage when we needed to in key situations.

Why fix it if it isn't broken?

Let's continue to start Spencer Long at center and Arie Kouandjio at left guard and give them a chance to gel with the rest of the line.

Both are younger players who figure to be part of the future here.

Lauvao is 28/29 and isn't close to earning the contract he signed in 2014 with Bruce Allen.

We know where his ceiling is and it isn't high enough on a developing team to keep younger guys on the bench.

My guess is that, even though we run better with our current lineup, we pass block better with Lauvao in and Gruden would rather pass pass pass.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Lauvao is getting to be like Lichtensteiger and DeAngelo Hall before him. Getting to the point where he goes out there and can't seem to stay healthy. The constant juggling of the lineups to account for these players injuries at some point isn't worth the effort.

Neither Lauvao or Lichtensteiger is an anchor player for the team and it is quite possible that both players will be gone in 2017.

To me this is like the situation at linebacker last year. Perry Riley was having another less than favorable season and we had some injuries and brought in Mason Foster and elevated Will Compton and the defense played better.

There was no reason to put Riley back out there. It was addition by subtraction.

I think you could be talking about the same thing on the offensive line.

We weren't able to run the ball for 2.5 games with Lauvao and Lichtensteiger out there and now in the last half of the Giants game and the Browns game we were able to get yardage when we needed to in key situations.

Let's continue to start Spencer Long at center and Arie Kouandjio at left guard and give them a chance to gel with the rest of the line.

When I read into this, I see 2 things to doubt.
First thing is, it says Lauvao expects to play. Not the coaches.
I bet every player "expects" to play :) Perhaps they're just sayin that he should be available, should they need him.
Secondly, it says he expects to play, not to start.
Maybe they expect to do some kind of rotation with the linemen.
So, don't be surprised to see Kwan Joe starting.

Last edited:

Both are younger players who figure to be part of the future here.

Lauvao is 28/29 and isn't close to earning the contract he signed in 2014 with Bruce Allen.

We know where his ceiling is and it isn't high enough on a developing team to keep younger guys on the bench.

Very much agreed!

I would very much like to see this line continue with how it is now and see these guys develop chemistry together. I feel that this year, and probably next year if we're honest, are still development years, so why not develop.

Put a D-Line together next year and keep the Offence together as much as possible. I think our O-Line could be a strength going forwards if it's allowed to have time to gel. And if we can turn it into a significant strength that'll help both our run and our pass game. It's bugged me for years that it's been a mess up front, it's only now I feel like we're turning the corner on that front.

Breeland and Cravens out for Sunday damnit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cravens very quickly has become "that guy" for this defense. Get right soon young man.

For me, its time to give Barry a pass. Sort of feel sorry for him we can't field a competitive defense due to injury and tackling woes. Silver lining is we find out what we really have in the players out there. But no sense in yelling at Joe anymore, hard to evaluate coaches under the circumstances. No doubt we'll have to substitute on the fly this weekend, we still have guys that are playing hurt.

For me, its time to give Barry a pass. Sort of feel sorry for him we can't field a competitive defense due to injury and tackling woes. Silver lining is we find out what we really have in the players out there. But no sense in yelling at Joe anymore, hard to evaluate coaches under the circumstances. No doubt we'll have to substitute on the fly this weekend, we still have guys that are playing hurt.

Not really difficult to judge, you have to be more creative if you lack talent. His creativity level is well, umm...sort like, well...as creative as this post.

Not really difficult to judge, you have to be more creative if you lack talent. His creativity level is well, umm...sort like, well...as creative as this post.

That's sounds easy! So if you have average talent, you only need to be kinda creative right? But if you really lack talent, you need to be super duper extra special creative. Have I got it?

Sorry - but talent reigns supreme in the NFL - not creativity.

I'll put it out there. I'll take that if anyone wants to buy it for me. :beam:

I've always liked Garcon, tough dude.

He really shined in Griff's first year so what happened?(besides Djax coming on board)

Kirk's throws to him seem to be 'just off' enough not to exploit his after the catch running ability.
Between he and Reed there should be plenty of YAC available.

Garcon definitely still has 'it'.

Keim
In my article on Pierre Garcon earlier this week, his trainer, Tony Villani, talked about his consistent work ethic. One thing he mentioned that I couldn’t get into the story is that when they’ve tested Garcon, his speed is the same as it was when he was 22 -- Villani has worked with Garcon since he started preparing for the NFL scouting combine. “He runs with more power,” Villani said. “When he was younger he ran with more flow and prettiness. He’s a much more powerful athlete now. All his movements are more powerful, which is how he’s kept his speed.”

Here's the article
Pierre Garcon tops 500 catches, says 'I've got a lot more left in me' - Washington Redskins Blog- ESPN

It's a shame we don't involve him in the offense anymore than we do.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 7, Members: 1, Guests: 6)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.