• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

weird pict El. Robert is running one way and the whole team is headed off 90 degrees in a different direction!

This team had four or five key players returning from serious injuries who were held out of the preseason as a precaution. It's not surprising the offense was not in sync from the opening drive of a 16 game season.

Last year this team was 3-6 and finished 10-6.

In 1996 Norv started out 7-1 and failed to make the playoffs.

The opener is often not a good gauge as teams come out with new players and formations that are unfamiliar to opponents.

The Seahawks played an ugly 12-7 game against a limited Carolina team that will be lucky to win 6 or 7 games.

I'm shocked at amount of people that have jumped ship in regards to RG3 and the Redskins.It's a long season there will be more losses, possibly the next game as well. The Redskins have a decent team with or without Griffin. Griffin is the special kind of player that can make a difference. Forget all about his knee for a moment. Can we also just call the first half has Robert's preseason? He was way more mobile than a lot of the better qbs in the league. The Defense came up in big in some quarters of games but overall couldn't be counted on to protect a lead.
I don't know if Robert can tuck and run the length of the field like last season. I was kind of hoping he doesn't have to. Eagles ran the run option all over our defense. Get over it. Vick won't last 3 games at that pace.

I agree, Cycleans except that I DO want him to run a nice long one just to make defenses go "uh oh" and have to stay honest again because they know that threat is there. but I definitely dont want him making it a habit either.

I think we will see Robert run the ball more but the team was down big at the half. They had to throw the ball ,playaction isn't as effective when you are down 3 or more T.d's with less than a half to play. Redskins were taken out of their game. Nothing more than that.

weird pict El. Robert is running one way and the whole team is headed off 90 degrees in a different direction!

He was playing to the crowd. I don't like it, but I will photograph it. He just needs to play football. He's created enough drama already.

The media is creating a controversy. It's amusing to see the same people that criticized not pulling Robert in the Seattle game now are some of the loudest voices about making a mistake by not giving the qb reps in the preseason.

What's even worse is seeing the national media barking seals talking about how costly a slow start is for the Redskins when many of them had us in third place to begin with.

What strikes me as funny is, had Fletcher came out with the flag, and ran apart from the team to pump the crowd, nobody would take issue with it.

Just sayin...

I find it funny that so many skins fans are parroting the whole "Vick can't last the season" and get super mad when others say the same thing about Griffin .

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

What strikes me as funny is, had Fletcher came out with the flag, and ran apart from the team to pump the crowd, nobody would take issue with it.

Just sayin...

Actually on that note, I feel like Fletcher personality has changed over the last 2 to 3 years, and I think it's because rey Lewis is considered a first ballot hall of famer and has all the media accolades/pro bowls and Fletcher is considered a maybe hall of famer gets no accolades and has been snubbed from the pro bowl in the past despite having similar numbers in fewer years.

I don't blame him but it is something I've noticed.

Why is it that having a criticism of him means we're desperate to criticize? Why is it that any negative observation of him is a media created controversy?

It's ok if someone doesn't like something about Griffin. It's ok for Griffin to not be perfect.

Everything is under a microscope, that's what happens you put yourself out there the way he has. There's a reason why Luck isn't under a microscope - some of it is location, but majority of it is their decisions in how they present themselves. Griffin purposefully puts himself out there with his marketing and promotions.

I'm glad you don't find it worth talking about, but others do. To be completely fair the extent to which anyone has talked about it here has been 3 posts all less than a few sentences in a generic thread.

Some of us thought it was a bit weird, self centered, awkward, etc. If you didn't feel that way, so be it... I think everyone has said his ****ty performance through the first 2 1/2 quarters is significantly more important than that awkward intro.

The 3 post comment was in regards to the weird intro.

If you don't think the commercials, the hour long injury documentary, his presence on twitter, etc play into it then I don't know what to tell you.

There's an army of people that jump to griffin's defense every time a negative thing is uttered. It's also that it's a media creation. At some point those people will realize that not everything is a media creation and Griffin is not some infallible person; nor does he need to be.

right, while the team went to the sideline ;)

if you don't think it's something worth observing, that's fine. but the 3 of us that made a comment about it are certainly not (in your words) desperate to criticize.

the media? sure. but el, fs62, and I certainly aren't getting ratings or paid to drum up controversy. and at this point there's been significantly more posts about the posts, than there were about the intro.

My memory, which is not to be trusted, is that the flag carriers always went to midfield or the end zone, with everyone.

It really doesn't matter. It's one small item that a few people have added to a list of small items. We won't know if it matters until griffin's stay in Washington comes to an end. My money is currently on that it won't matter at all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.