• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

Ha
That's exactly what observers, certain staff members and consultants said about him, just before the 2013 season....and the 2014 season....and the 2015 season.
He may be just that. But he's got to work on other things, if he wants to make it as an NFL starter at QB.

Many here want nothing more then to see Robert fail no matter where he is playing so that they can say.... "see, I was right."

I'm not one of them...... and I'm not going to rehash the same old arguments.... HA!

Last edited:
Many here want nothing more then to see Robert fail no matter where he is playing so that can say.... "see, I was right."

By the same token, let's not forget the flip side of that, which is even worse - that many people are so Pro-Griffin/Anti-Gruden, that there will probably be "Redskin Fans" rooting for the Browns to win and Cousins to fail, when Cleveland comes to DC this year. Not saying that anyone here has gone to that extreme, but those fans do exist in a significant number.

Also, just because someone is saying "See, I was right about Robert", does NOT mean that they wish him to fail.
Those 2 opinions do NOT go hand in hand.
Wishing and Believing are 2 entirely different trains of thought. Completely.
If I say that I'm convinced that a hurricane is eventually going to wipe out my hometown city in Florida, at some point - does that mean I WISH that my own home is going to get wiped away ? Of course not.
Sometimes when people say, "See, I was right" - all they're trying to say is, "See, I was right", and nothing more.

Last edited:
By the same token, let's not forget the flip side of that, which is even worse - that many people are so Pro-Griffin/Anti-Gruden, that there will probably be "Redskin Fans" rooting for the Browns to win and Cousins to fail, when Cleveland comes to DC this year. Not saying that anyone here has gone to that extreme, but those fans do exist in a significant number.

Also, just because someone is saying "See, I was right about Robert", does NOT mean that they wish him to fail.
Those 2 opinions do NOT go hand in hand.
Wishing and Believing are 2 entirely different trains of thought. Completely.
If I say that I'm convinced that a hurricane is eventually going to wipe out my hometown city in Florida, at some point - does that mean I WISH that my own home is going to get wiped away ? Of course not.
Sometimes when people say, "See, I was right" - all they're trying to say is, "See, I was right", and nothing more.

If what I'm saying isn't true, why the long explanation spinning it in the other direction ?
I'm not one of those people you speak of either, I root for the team to win, no matter what. I may not think Gruden is going to lead this team to multiple super bowls, but I sure as hell hope ever time the team hits the field he proves me wrong.

Crazy story time. And I'm a Redskins fan so I'm placing it here lol.

A good friend of mine coaches HS football locally and he's been asking me to join his staff for a few years now. I don't have a son, so I've always declined.

Anyway, he finally dragged me out to the stadium today. It's in the middle of nowhere--yet I still recognized something about it as we sat in the stands and he gave me his pitch.

I just got home and googled it, and it's the football stadium where Adam Sandler's, The Waterboy was shot in 1999.
Lmao.

If what I'm saying isn't true, why the long explanation spinning it in the other direction ?
I'm not one of those people you speak of either, I root for the team to win, no matter what. I may not think Gruden is going to lead this team to multiple super bowls, but I sure as hell hope ever time the team hits the field he proves me wrong.

I apologize if it came across that way. It wasn't really directed at you. I went off on a bit of a tangent, as a result of the great number of fans who hold that extreme view.

Many here want nothing more then to see Robert fail no matter where he is playing so that can say.... "see, I was right."

I'm not one of them...... and I'm not going to rehash the same old arguments.... HA!

I don't wish him to fail, I just know he will. And he's so arrogant, he went to the one place that will ensure his demise because it's a chance to start immediately.

If we can bring back Knighton on another cheap, team-friendly deal, then sure why not.

I don't wish him to fail, I just know he will. And he's so arrogant, he went to the one place that will ensure his demise because it's a chance to start immediately.

Yeah what kind of arrogant asshole wants to go to a team that gives him a chance to start? I mean the nerve of that guy!

I think Robert went to the only place he and his agent thought likely to make a firm offer. The Browns offered not only a real chance, given their own QB situation, to try to resurrect his career, but also offered a respectable contract. It makes all the sense in the world to me from Robert's perspective.

As for whether or not it makes sense from the Browns perspective, I'll wait to see what they do in the draft before trying to make that assessment.

Lol, I guess I did.

But for the record, the context was about the Browns being the only team, as far as we know, to offer him the opportunity ... and pay him real money at that. A no-brainer from Robert's perspective.

I think the point is, what choice did Griffin have? Many assume he went to the Browns because they gave him the chance to start, but the truth is they may have been the only team seriously interested without that stipulation, or the only one willing to pay what he was willing to accept. I won't judge his decision, but I don't think his odds of success there are high given their history of revolving door at QB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At least with Hue Jackson there he has a coach who knows how to run the ball. That should help to some degree.

Hue Jackson runs the ball? Isn't he, like ... 50?

Gordon has yet to be reinstated, I believe. At best, he'll be back for camp and working to find his legs and timing again after missing a year. The speed would be a great asset to any young QB though, no doubt ... we've seen close up the importance to any passing offense of having a guy who can 'take the top off' the defense.

The Browns game here in the fall has the potential to be a true media-fest.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 7, Members: 0, Guests: 7)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.