• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

This is the first game against the Eagles since I moved from South Jersey. I really want to send out a bunch of emails after the game to all my friends up there and rub it in just a tad.

Ok...

A LOT!

Watching Monday Night countdown, its almost as if they're rooting for Griffin to reinjure the knee. So they can say "I told you so" or something.

Well, Lanky wouldn't it be wonderfully ironic for us to knock Vick out instead.

I want the win and sweep straight up - no injuries. No excuses like last year.

There's an actual live pig at FedEx. Someone has brought their pet pig to the game. That's crazy, but hey...

Shan better break a chair over someone's back during halftime.

Maybe sitting the starters so much during the preseason wasn't such a hot idea...

Nick

I'm shocked we stayed within 10 points. I thought this game was way over before it even started.

I'm very happy with our effort in the 4th. Pleasantly surprised.

Not concerned. Too many mistakes by people that don't make them to think this will be the norm. I was happy with the defense. Offense should be buying them dinner all week for hanging them out to dry so bad on national TV.

Step one in beating any offense, gimmick or otherwise, is good tackling. The Redskins were piss-poor there, and along with ball security and some first half rust from Griffin, it killed them.

I'm encouraged that they made it a game late, and doubly encouraged by Hankerson's big game, but they need to tackle better, end of story.

Not concerned. Too many mistakes by people that don't make them to think this will be the norm. I was happy with the defense.

I love this post, and agree.

But to be fair, shouldn't the same be said for Shanny playoff wins over the last decade? We aren't exactly talking about a track record of success. Or should we think it's different this time? What's the norm there?

IMHO, he's over the hill, and contributes nothing.

I believe we got a wake up call tonight:

RG3 wasn't ready.

Lots of teams have very good QBs. That may not be enough anymore.

Morris is good. But Lesean good? No chance in hell.

It's taken us 3 years to transition from a 4-3 into a 3-4?

How long has it taken Philly to look good on D?

This coaching staff is highly questionable.

What seemed the most questionable about them to me was the vanilla 1st half playcalling, then just as bad was the lack of urgency in the 4th. The score was 33-20 with over 12 minutes left. The Eagles did nothing on offense and we allowed the clock to run on each drive all the way down to requiring an onside kick to have a shot. If you are going to limit the passing game to sideline passes, then why not order them to go out of bounds?

Hell, the Delay of Game by Philly, after the play the Refs ran the clock for 30 more seconds and Shanahan and crew didn't even catch it either. I'd guess that at a minimum these dumb decisions cost 3 minutes of game time.

I love this post, and agree.

But to be fair, shouldn't the same be said for Shanny playoff wins over the last decade? We aren't exactly talking about a track record of success. Or should we think it's different this time? What's the norm there?

IMHO, he's over the hill, and contributes nothing.

I believe we got a wake up call tonight:

RG3 wasn't ready.

Lots of teams have very good QBs. That may not be enough anymore.

Morris is good. But Lesean good? No chance in hell.

It's taken us 3 years to transition from a 4-3 into a 3-4?

How long has it taken Philly to look good on D?

This coaching staff is highly questionable.

My brother, you have to settle down. Here's what I think happened. The coaching staff didn't realize just how rusty EVERYONE was until late in the first half. Griffin you could anticipate some, but Morris with the fumble and toss drop? I put the drop on Kyle for calling that play in the endzone, during the first half of football for the year. I think you can consider that playcall late in the year if things are clicking, but even then consider with prejudice.

The Shanahans and Haslett did a masterful job last year. So they weren't prepared for rustiness everywhere last night. Meh. No biggie. The last drive of the first half, even though it stalled, was incredibly encouraging for me. Kyle simplified the playcalling and it was working well. The coaching staff isn't the problem. There really isn't a problem, in fact. As Chris said during the chat, we will win that game in the third half.

Step one in beating any offense, gimmick or otherwise, is good tackling. The Redskins were piss-poor there, and along with ball security and some first half rust from Griffin, it killed them.

I'm encouraged that they made it a game late, and doubly encouraged by Hankerson's big game, but they need to tackle better, end of story.

And make no mistake, it is a gimmick offense. Teams will study Haslett's D from mid 2nd Q on and put the clamps down on that bull****. As you said, tackling is key and we sucked at that last night. Teams are going to have to be disciplined and wrap up (someone does need to sit down with Rambo and discuss the benefits of wrapping up - then show him the TD he gave up by not wrapping up several times for good measure), and McCoy is a monster, but they won't win more than 6 games. I was frankly awestruck for a quarter, and then Has figured it out.

Last night should end any debate on whether or not the preseason has value.

It does and last night showed why.

Morris virtually got no work in preseason and had no feel for contact last night to start the game.

Robert got no work and as a result, had no feel for game speed until mid third quarter.

The new CBA is at fault too because they have almost legislated contact out of training camp and practice. How do you get better at tackling when the team is limited to shells and shorts for most of practice and training camp?

IMO, it's probably going to be at least 3 more games before this team rounds into form and we see what we have. Hope we can find a way to get a couple of wins while they find their sea legs.

I don't see any way we beat GB next week. 2-2 is about as good as we can expect I think.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 6, Members: 0, Guests: 6)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.