• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

View attachment 2937

note left by Griffin on his locker. I like that dude...I didn't take this as a cheap shot but as parting words and a good view on life.

so much for Snyder not meddling anymore....damnit

seems like he is the reason we buried Griffin on the bench instead of cutting him.

It was the prudent move. If Cousins pee'd his pants, or got hurt, you needed another guy who knew the system.

We just have to hope that, going forward, Kirk is the guy we've seen for 5-6 games this season, and not the guy we saw in all the rest.

I hope the whole "You Like That" thing is dead and over.

Never liked it from the beginning. Beyond cheesy.

But, I didn't say anything because I apparently make Angels cry when I'm critical.

So you say it anyway. classy......just saying

so much for Snyder not meddling anymore....damnit

seems like he is the reason we buried Griffin on the bench instead of cutting him.

I think that's a possibility. Also a possibility they expect him to go to a division rival and didn't want to hasten that this year. It would have doubly sucked for him to come in and relieve Romo and win the division. This place would have been apoplectic.

I think that's a possibility. Also a possibility they expect him to go to a division rival and didn't want to hasten that this year. It would have doubly sucked for him to come in and relieve Romo and win the division. This place would have been apoplectic.

I talked about that with a friend of mine. I really think this is a case of "this is my toy and I don't want you playing with it" we could have traded him and decided if we wanted him to go to A, B, or C...but he didn't. we made him sit on the sidelines and take unfair criticism, have his face on TV as a loser, instead of letting him just move on.

We couldn't trade him with the guarantee on his contract. And only he could negotiate that out.

Once we picked up the option, we had no choice but to keep him, unless he renegotiated.

I won't even pay attention to the contract talk until it's done. Nothing either side says publically means anything. It's all about posturing. Probably not seeing the numbers he wants yet.

We couldn't trade him with the guarantee on his contract. And only he could negotiate that out.

Once we picked up the option, we had no choice but to keep him, unless he renegotiated.

He could have been release at any time if I understand it correctly. They only reason not to was either as Mike things, it was Snyder, or they had other strategic thoughts in mind.

I understand that.

But if we released him, and Kirk played like he had been coming into this year, and the beginning of this year...
Or, Kirk got hurt and we were still in a playoff quest...

It made no sense to release him during the season, AFTER, we had picked up the option.
None.

The only worry was the "drama" so many feared would happen with him still on the team, that never happened.

Well, he's answered the same question now about a dozen times to a dozen different reporters, and based on the ones I've heard/read, one can read almost anything one wants to into any of them. Bottom line, he's going to be here if the Redskins want him, either as a franchise player or under a new contract.

The rest to me is just standard NFL media/social media buzz.

It's a tad odd. I understand he's trying to get a big pay day. But what is so bad about saying, "I'd love to be back here next year"?

Exactly! If anything he seemed to lean the other way. Idk, it was a shitty time for an interview and all but still.

Edit: I just want one ****ing thing to go right for the team this week. Stupid Leribus

You guys hear Kirk postgame? Not sure if it's positioning or what but sounds like resigning isn't such a lock. IMHO anyways

Redskins face contract decision on Kirk Cousins - NFL.com

dude.....the odds are pretty good he was coached by his agent to say something like that. create leverage and then see where it goes. all part of the negotiating process. it's his big payoff moment. I wouldn't stress. this has a logic all its own.

Just ignore it. His agent has coached him up ad nauseum on what to answer. They're not taking any chances at costing themselves any money. It's just SOP public negotiating.

^^^^^^ Fan was a click faster than me. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.