• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

I found a couple of encouraging stats looking forward to the Bears game. The Bears defense is allowing an average yards per rush attempt of 4.8 yards per carry.

That's 31st in the league-the Saints are 32nd at 4.9 yards per carry allowed.

They also are the worst in the league in stuffing runs behind the LOS at 3.8%-that is well behind the Bills in 31st place at 5.5%. Even the Saints are better at 7.7% (28th place)

Could open up our run game some.

Source: NFL Team Stats - SportingCharts.com

I will tell you one play that was not called which would have been a perfect play call at least once during the game on Monday night was the screen they called to Matt Jones that he took for a 68 yard TD and another big gain the week before the Dallass game.

And I agree, they need to let Kirk call more audibles at the line of scrimmage. There were at least 2 occasions he called audibles against Dallas, but neither resulted in much.

Sorry about no BBQ this week. Been occupied with a bunch of things, but it will return next week.

What little I had focused on the coaches and lack of preparation.

That might work on a case by case basis, or once in a while.
But it's not going to improve our overall run game.
Calling an audible once in a while is not going to overhaul a running game that is lacking in every area.
You still have a strong running foundation first and foremost, to support the passing game (not the other way around)
Which we don't have.

I think the real point folks are trying to make is, being unpredictable will help the run game. It will actually help all aspects of the offense. All it takes is a split second of hesitation from a defensive player to make the difference between a 2 yard run, and a 12 yard run. They can't tee off on Cousins if he catches them with their pants around there ankles once or twice. Like I said in one of the threads, if I can identify what the play will be 80% of the time, a pro defensive coach can have a field day against us. Ya catch a team off guard once or twice early, and it makes life a lot easier.

Last edited:
From the article posted by McD5

Without encouraging recklessness, Gruden needs to reprogram Cousins to let it rip more often. Being careful has helped Cousins make significant progress and solidify himself as a starter. But he needs to play more freely to push the offense past what happened Monday against Dallas.

This is that 'next step' we've all been waiting for, talking about and wondering if he can.

So I ran across this nugget when I was looking for another video, had to watch it again...

[video]http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-gameday/0ap2000000119790/GameDay-Cowboys-vs-Redskins-highlights[/video]

Alfred Morris ran for 200 yards and 3 TD's.

So I ran across this nugget when I was looking for another video, had to watch it again...

[video]http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-gameday/0ap2000000119790/GameDay-Cowboys-vs-Redskins-highlights[/video]

Alfred Morris ran for 200 yards and 3 TD's.

LOL at Where.

Next weekend's spreads, home teams in bold:

Jets favored by 3 over Dallas.
Washington and Buffalo even.
Arizona favored by 3 1/2 over Philly.
Carolina and the Giants, no line yet.

Must have just changed the lines. Buffalo had a 1.5 point lead last night.

Nick

Since the home team usually gets 3 points that means they think Buffalo is better.

Now it's time to see whether the team can get their first back to back wins since October of last year.

We don't have a win of any kind against Buffalo (other than the preseason) since the Superbowl. That's another monkey the team needs to get off its back.

Nick

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.