• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

Yeah, to hell with a perennial 1000 yard rusher and just turn it over to Mr Butterfingers who has a bad habit of bouncing almost every rushing attempt outside.

Amazing to me that Mike and Kyle Shanahan could take a spread offense QB that couldn't read the whole field and a 6th round runningback and actually get production out of them with freakin Tyler Polumbus,Chris Chester and Will Montgomery in front of them but Gruden can't figure out how to use Morris.

Now watch...Morris is going to leave and complete somebodies backfield and remind us all of the time we ran Stephen Davis out of town.

You bring up a good point about Jones bouncing plays outside. I wonder how many of those stretch runs last night that went for no yards would have been 2 or 3 yard gains with Morris in the game. He would have just made a cut, buried his head, and taken what he was given, which was a few yards.

As for Morris leaving, I also have that Stephen Davis fear. My guess is that the dallas wish list for RBs next year is 1. Forte and 2. Morris. I'd hate that so much.

I said it in chat last night, I don't get the Jones appeal. At all. Everyone says Morris is more tentative than in years past, but Jones doesn't hit holes that hard either a lot of the time. As others have said, he bounces the runs outside and I don't see him breaking tackles on a regular basis.

The fact that Gruden isn't smart enough to figure out how to utilize Morris tells me what I need to know about Gruden.

Sent from my XT1526 using Tapatalk

In case anyone hasn't noticed, the Redskins are in sole possession of first place, by virtue of the best conference record of the 3.

While your optimism is much appreciated, this fact does little to console in light of the performance of our team just 24 hours ago. Thanks for the effort to remind us that jumping off the ledge is not necessary, but this is all too familiar. Until we end the season with such a claim, I will remain guarded with my optimism.

Ho hum!

The craziest stat of the season: Washington has committed 20 turnovers and forced 20, and the net giveaway/takeaway difference of zero ranks 16th in the NFL, right in the middle of the pack. It should be an area that neither helps nor hinders the team, and average would be just fine in the NFC East. But Washington has allowed a league-high 98 points off its turnovers and scored just 25 off the turnovers it has forced.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/spor...a12f56-9df6-11e5-8728-1af6af208198_story.html

I said it in chat last night, I don't get the Jones appeal. At all. Everyone says Morris is more tentative than in years past, but Jones doesn't hit holes that hard either a lot of the time. As others have said, he bounces the runs outside and I don't see him breaking tackles on a regular basis.

The fact that Gruden isn't smart enough to figure out how to utilize Morris tells me what I need to know about Gruden.

Sent from my XT1526 using Tapatalk

Well, Jones is a stronger north/south runner, and has more top end speed past the LOS in open field. Looks like he might also be a bit better at the pass catch getting sizeable YAC. But look at it another way.....all things being equal, have you ever seen a Florida Atlantic RB better than a Florida RB? Ever?

We do need to keep Morris, as long as we strengthen the offensive line. Still a couple guys short of a pile driving run blocking dominating line.

"The craziest stat of the season: Washington has committed 20 turnovers and forced 20, and the net giveaway/takeaway difference of zero ranks 16th in the NFL, right in the middle of the pack. It should be an area that neither helps nor hinders the team, and average would be just fine in the NFC East. But Washington has allowed a league-high 98 points off its turnovers and scored just 25 off the turnovers it has forced."

Wow now that's a stat that has meaning. Really does point directly to the offense and really to play calling.

What else I want to know is....how many times did we drive to the red zone (either after getting a TO or not) and did not score a TD and had to get a FG? Compared to how many times total we attempted a FG (which also points to an inability to move the chains i.e. playcalling.) Can some one pull that together? Its all pointing to a complete failure to move the chains, maybe third down conversion ratio could tell us something.

Well, Jones is a stronger north/south runner, and has more top end speed past the LOS in open field. Looks like he might also be a bit better at the pass catch getting sizeable YAC. But look at it another way.....all things being equal, have you ever seen a Florida Atlantic RB better than a Florida RB? Ever?

We do need to keep Morris, as long as we strengthen the offensive line. Still a couple guys short of a pile driving run blocking dominating line.

People say Jones is a stronger N/S runner, but I honestly have yet to see that in action. As big a Morris supporter as I am, I will admit that up until the Giants game there were a few times I thought he looked a little tentative. However, I have thought the same of Jones almost all season long. I wonder if both guys aren't hindered more by the Line than we thought.

Having said that, Gruden relying on Jones is a little weird to me. The guy, imo, has not been playing demonstrably better than Morris, he fumbles more, and has missed a few key blitz pickups. The only thing I can come up with is that a) Morris is slacking in practice, which goes counter to everything I've ever heard about the guy, or b) Gruden just flat out likes Jones more for some reason.

I dunno anymore...

Kiem opined in today's ESPN piece that the next 4 games will be Almo's last four as a Redskin.

Kiem opined in today's ESPN piece that the next 4 games will be Almo's last four as a Redskin.

Yeah, I think that's pretty much being carved in stone as I type this. He's going to go somewhere with a staff who can utilize correctly and have a nice career. So glad we're getting out of the humble, hard-working, record-setting producing guys business.

Saints game

That is one of three games where he has a higher YPC average than 3.5. Most of the damage he did that day was in the passing game anyway, and most of that on one screen play.

Allow me to rephrase: I see glimpses every now and again that would suggest Jones can be an effective N/S runner. But those glimpses are interspersed among many more glimpses of a below-average NFL back.

Saints game

Just a note here, the Saints rank 29th in the league in percent of opponents rush attempts being stuffed at 7.7%

Dallas, on the other hand, ranks 6th in the league in stuffing 12.4% of opponents rush attempts.

Dallas also ranks 11th in number of 10 or more yard runs against them at 32 while the Saints are at the bottom of the league at 53.

The Saints were a cakewalk compared to the Dallas run D.

Who you play and how good they are is a necessary factor to be included when discussing comparative results on various aspects offense-or defense for that matter.

Source: Team Rushing Big Plays Against: 2015 NFL Season

Current odds on the games this weekend. Home teams in bold.

Buffalo favored by 1 1/2 over Philly.
Chicago favored by 3 1/2 over Washington.
Giants favored by 1 over Miami.
Green Bay favored by 7 over Dallas.

I'm surprised that the Giants aren't favored by much more.

I don't know if it means anything at all, but I believe we've won 6 of the last 7, or 7 of the last 8 in Chicago.

We tend to do well there.

Also, Chicago lost last weekend at home to San Fran.

Definitely a winnable game.

This past game was one that saw much of the action at the far end of the field so I could not get many good shots, so I will not start a new thread on it...just post a few good ones I got here.

DSC_2405.jpg

DSC_2407.jpg

DSC_2287.jpg

DSC_2279.jpg

DSC_2257.jpg

DSC_2224.jpg

DSC_2199.jpg

DSC_2172.jpg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.