• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

What exactly is your point? Did you (or those liking your snarky comment) even click on the link - I'm betting not. All Gruden stated was that the call was difficult to overcome, that they had the opportunity to move on from it and should have done a better job of doing so. That's exactly what you want your coach to say. There was not a shred of 'poor us' in his comments.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1) the quote is from gruden following the gallette injury.

2) opinions vary! I'm sure that would typify a Walsh, Gibbs, Parcell's, etc., approach.....not.

The game was close at that point despite the unfavorable event. You pull your pants up, act like men, and go at it again....only better and more determined. Everyone has their own threshold. being difficult to overcome is nonsense if that is his message.....as though this is the first team to ever have something unfavorable happen. the whole crew needs to man up and quit making excuses.

lousy call? sure. but like Mike posted.....you don't give up.....you get angry...adapt...overcome. the game was close regardless......it is very, very worrisome for the long term if they all gave up at that point. speaks to character. speaks to deeper issues about handling adversity.

I want to hear gruden state: "we're gonna start holding people accountable. no one is excepted whether it's a missed block or a QB fumble/pick. we're still building...we'll see who wants to stay and who doesn't. we're gonna turn this around....sooner rather than later."

not the stuff Goal has documented as gruden's approach thus far.

I didn't see anyone give up. We got manhandled. There's a difference. How does anyone cite that snippet from Gruden as if it's anything other than an honest reply - and one that 99% of reasonable fans would agree with (all he acknowledged was that the call was a devastating one and that they should have done a better job of overcoming it. It was and they should have)?

I want to hear gruden state: "we're gonna start holding people accountable. no one is excepted whether it's a missed block or a QB fumble/pick. we're still building...we'll see who wants to stay and who doesn't. we're gonna turn this around....sooner rather than later."

not the stuff Goal has documented as gruden's approach thus far.

What Gruden says to reporters after a game has zero bearing on this teams direction and success. Gruden gets slammed for what he says publicly and for what he doesn't say publicly - that's a fact. And just an FYI - I have got my snark-blocker turned all the way up right now.

What Gruden says to reporters after a game has zero bearing on this teams direction and success.

neither does much else apparently....especially in the locker room at half time.

We've won 4 games this year and come close in a couple more. We aren't 0-10. And the season is still very much alive. It's a week to week league and we ran into a buzz saw on Sunday. It happens. Take a walk. Hug someone. Maybe that will help.

Or fans could get over it and stop obsessing over a guy on the perpetual inactive list :)

You can like whatever you want to like as can Pete - I'm simply calling out yet another drive by snarky post that if I'm being honest doesn't rise to the level of thoughtful conversation we'd like to see more of here. If we're going to post snark, read the article and make sure it's actually worthy of mocking (like my picking the Skins to win yesterday - now there's a snark-worthy topic!).

I don't think that's unreasonable.

You're right, my comment didn't add to thoughtful discussion. It was purely an observation on how the same situation finds the pro Cousins folks saying what the pro Griffin folks have in the past, but now the line is a relevant contributor. If it was a bit snarky, apologies, as it's not my normal style. I sit here daily and bite my lip, trying not to say what's on my mind, and the frustration does show it's face from time to time.

Ethan Albright nominated for the Hall of Fame !

NFL Hall of Fame Vote

Haha! Not just Albright...

Gary Clark, Charles Mann, Stephen Davis, Joe Jacoby, Dexter Manley, Jeff Bostic, Ken Harvey, Mark May, Jon Jansen, Jim Lachey, Clinton Portis, Richie Petitbon, Mark Schlereth, and Chris Samuels.

Edit: And they have Brian Mitchell on the list in a Gnats uniform.

Last edited:
Edit: And they have Brian Mitchell on the list in a Gnats uniform.

I thought maybe he retired as a Giant, but nope. He signed a one day contract to retire as a Redskins. It makes no sense to show him in a Giants uniform. Unless they didn't want too many Redskins in that list because they were afraid to show how many Redskins have been left out of the hall of fame. I don't think Mitchell is a hall of famer. Close but not quite. However, Jacoby, Bostic, Lachey, Samuels, Clark, Portis, Mann, and even Ken Harvey should all be discussed as potential Hall of Famers.

Sophomore Sensation, and Son of a McCaffrey, only with a lot more speed than his father.....
Should he go pro next year, and should we replace Morris with him ?
He does it all - run, receive, return punts and kickoffs...
And this is just HALF of his Sophomore season.

I don't think Jones is bad at all...he needs to work on his ball security but he is the real deal.

Personally I think we need to look QB and safety. Our secondary is struuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuggling.

NFL: Lack of penalty review puzzles Redskins' Gruden - Fredericksburg.com: Washington Redskins

The rule book prohibits contact against a player in a defenseless position, but is not restricted to helmet-to-helmet hits.

According to Rule 12-2-9(b1), a player cannot “forcibly hit the defenseless player’s head or neck area with the helmet, facemask, forearm, or shoulder, even if the initial contact is lower than the player’s neck and regardless of whether the defensive player also uses his arms to tackle the defenseless player by encircling him or grasping him.”

“It’s very confusing,” Gruden said Monday. “Jordan Reed caught an out route early in the game and got hit right on his head and there was no call. It’s just unfortunate. You feel helpless as a coach [that] you can’t even challenge that. It’s a touchdown play, too, and you can’t challenge it, unfortunately.

They didn't even review the play at league level. ****ing bullshit!!

I thought maybe he retired as a Giant, but nope. He signed a one day contract to retire as a Redskins. It makes no sense to show him in a Giants uniform. Unless they didn't want too many Redskins in that list because they were afraid to show how many Redskins have been left out of the hall of fame. I don't think Mitchell is a hall of famer. Close but not quite. However, Jacoby, Bostic, Lachey, Samuels, Clark, Portis, Mann, and even Ken Harvey should all be discussed as potential Hall of Famers.

See, I think as whiny as he is, Brian Mitchell should at least get consideration. Didn't he lead the league in all purpose yards several times during his career?

I think 2 things about Mitchell will not endure him to fans, his consistent bashing of the team from his platform, and that damned fumble against the 49ers that cost us a probable win to face the Turds in the NFC Championship. I contest had he not fumbled, we win, we beat the Turds in the Championship game ('Cause that's what we do), and Gibbs gets his 4th and a repeat.

No leadership.

First year starting qb and a lot of younger players with no strong voices in the locker room.

As Doc Walker said there's not enough fight in this dog 😡

Pretty funny how all the pro Griffin folks got jumped when / if they brought up poor line play accounting for sacks, as it was all the QB's fault, yet tonight in the first thread I opened, the first post I see is somebody posting how all the sacks aren't on Cousins, that the line had a bad day.... bla bla bla

Hmmmmm

And yes, I actually did bring up the Anti Christ.... sue me :)

That's not entirely accurate. Much of the discussion surrounding the line was how it stunted Griffins development. The counter to that was that even taking that into consideration, growth was not happening as it should, and that his failure to work the pocket correctly contributed to the issue. I think, though, the biggest problem with this mess is that we are begrudging one another the courtesy of having our own opinions. I'm a fan. My opinions are not subject to fairness. They are subject to emotion and passion and my perception of what constitutes good play. I didn't see from Griffin what I needed to believe he would develop into what I perceive is a starting NFL QB and wanted him gone. The circus surrounding him, deserved or not, only exacerbated the issue for me. I'm on the fence with Kirk. He's shown some promising signs, and also areas of concern. If he can't put it together on away games against good teams, I'll be done with him too. Next man up.

I am pretty much on the other side of the fence at the moment. He is too up and down and his coach is too in love with him to be fair. I looked up Griffin vs the 49ers (that was probably his worst game) and found this

he went 11 of 19 for 106 and 5 sacks
Cousins last weekend went 22 of 30 for 206 and 1TD with 5 sacks

now, while the numbers appear to go in favor of Cousins I looked at the running.

Morris vs 49ers: 21 carries for 125
The entire Redskins rushing stats vs Carolina: 12 carries for 14 yards

then I looked up Griffin vs Tampa Bay...arguably his worst game by some people as well

22 of 32 for 207 1 TD and 2INTs with 6 sacks
Morris 20 carries for 96 yards
Griffin 6 carries for 41 yards

Know what I see is different about these 2 quarterbacks? Not much except the running game has vanished in 2015 even though we've added another piece. Cousins is not a better QB than Griffin...

Cousins has 29INTs
Griffin has 23INTs

Cousins has 33TDs
Griffin has 40TDs

Griffin has 8100yards
Cousins has 5515 yards

Griffin has 37 starts
Cousins has 24 starts

All of these stats are getting closer together yet everyone agrees that Robert should be out. Why don't the same people see that Kirk is just a carbon copy for the most part?

Because almost all of Griffin's positive stats were accumulated in an offensive system the team no longer runs and he has no interest playing in.

The further removed we get from 2012 the more the fairy dust comes off to show a clearer picture of where we are going.

We might not be a contender by inserting Cousins into the lineup but the next move if there is one will be for a new face not a recycling of the old.

Once upon a time Joe Charboneau hit 38 homers in the majors and was rookie of the year. Mark Fydrich won 19 games as a rookie starting pitcher for Detroit.

Neither player came close to matching those stats in subsequent seasons.

The best came first rather than last.

That's the way it is with Griffin.

Oh, so your reasoning is that we moved away from it and still cant get any better?

Perfect reasoning why Gruden isn't fit to be a head coach! Even as this "offensive guru" he can't do any better than an offense "tailored for" someone who did it.

All the rest has nothing to do with the Redskins or state of our team so its pointless.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 4, Members: 0, Guests: 4)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.