• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

I went to bed about 30 minutes before kick-off (3.25am) knowing there was no way known we were going to win, let alone get close. I checked the scores and it was 14 all, but my concerns were about to be realised when I looked at the half time score. I then went back to sleep and when I woke up, it had only gotten worse.

At least I know that the season is as good as over and that I'll get to sleep on Monday mornings.

If we beat the Giants at home next week we are tied for the division lead. This season isn't close to being over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If we beat the Giants.

I have no more faith in the 2015 Redskins and their ability to show up in big moments.

They are definitely averse to the spotlight, as evidenced today.

We are a different team at home.

That's not accurate brother. Today was a horrific performance across the board but let's not forget we were playing arguably the best team in the league at their place and had every possible break goes against us (4 fumbles for example and we didn't recover one of them). If we win against the Giants the season is absolutely not over. In fact we could lose and it still won't be over.

If we beat the Giants at home next week we are tied for the division lead. This season isn't close to being over.

If you remember, it was when we last payed the Gnats that they got their season on the winning path.

Does anyone really think we'll win more than one game to end the season? We have Gnats, Weagles, Brokebacks (x2), Bears and Bills to go. Which game will we win?

I don't know which games we'll win and which we won't. But anyone stating our season ended today - that's 100% false.

a14d1c8edd404a9c147770a3ade9cf78.jpg
21a3e57bdafbab2cf5f7b65fae6fbf6f.jpg

Hatcher is heated. For a damn good reason, too!

I don't know which games we'll win and which we won't. But anyone stating our season ended today - that's 100% false.

It is when it comes to me sitting up waiting for a game. Even waking up to sit through a game is all over for me this season. I'm getting too old for that shit!

Nah...I think we just aren't nearly as good as the Panthers. They are a much better team than I gave them credit for. They are simply beating us on both sides in the trenches. We needed a perfect game and didn't get it, they capitalized on it.

That explains a 27-10 type loss. This was much more than that. It was a total collapse.

I do give full credit to the refs for calling a terrible game which would have made this loss closer, but this was a loss on an epic scale ... exactly the type of loss you'd expect from a Norv Turner-type team the week after a really big win. I expected a loss, largely because, as you say, we simply aren't as good as the Panthers, but this was more than just being out-classed. We folded.

That's too bad. It puts more context into last week's win. Context which I was hoping wasn't there.

It's every other week with this team. It has been all year.

That's gotta stop.

It's every other week with this team. It has been all year.

That's gotta stop.

That's what we are...after a big win like last week, many of us exaggerated the quality of this team, only to be brought back down to earth by getting beaten up by a very good football team. We are what we are, not bad...but not very good either, but we're still not as bad as last year. We win next week, we're in 1st place. We lose...we aren't. We're a mediocre team in a mediocre division. I admit, I expected a lot more from us this week, but we shot ourselves in the foot and it got ugly, because Carolina's defense is as good as it gets in the NFL and they know how to take advantage of mistakes.

Rough day on the field, but hope you still had fun at the game.

Now we move into the "easier" part of our schedule, playing only one more team with a winning record the rest of the season.

If we can win next week, we are tied for first.

Next week's game means alot (first place,playoff hopes,etc) will have a national audience and will be a chance to make a statement along the lines of " We're here and we're competing for this division too..."

No way in hell we're winning that game.

Fragility still haunts this team.

Right after the beyond bogus penalty on Culliver, the script most of us predicted for the rest of the game played out right before our very eyes.

That was the most disheartening and concerning aspect of the day.

I'm not giving up hope for the final 6 games here though.

I've personally thrown the standings out the window, regardless of our chances in the division.

Ultimately, I want to see the team show growth and give us some positivity heading into the offseason. I'd be thrilled if we can win 6 home games and Kirk plays strong overall down the stretch.

I think that in the grand scheme, those are more meaningful and important that a division win in a subpar division.

Bottom line, play well, at the very least break even at 3-3, and let the chips fall in the NFC East where they may.

Don't swirl the drain, just don't swirl the drain. I don't have energy or stomach to watch that scenario play out.

Hatcher is heated. For a damn good reason, too!

I still think that play was one of those were the ref threw the flag thinking it was a penalty, without actually looking at the play to see if it was a penalty. He basically called what he thought happened not what did happen. It was a bad call, but expect all the apologist to come out and defend the refs. Earlier in the game, Reed was hit in the head and there was no call. I was fine with that since I think the refs get too flag happy. But then they throw the flag here and it's on a huge game changing play. The whole team has a right to be upset about this particular play.

Now for the uncomfortable part. I hate when athletes making millions complain that they are "slaves". It shows a complete lack of understanding of history and what slavery really was. But they don't even have to look back in history. They can look around the world right now where slavery is still a huge problem. They can also look here in the USA where sex slavery still happens. I don't want to derail the thread or get into a political discussion, but it always bugs me when guys making millions say that. I really wish someone of stature would challenge players on these things and then get them involved with organizations that fight against slavery throughout the world. Where they can then use the money they make to help free people from slavery.

Again, not trying to get this off track. His overall point is a good one, but there is a better way to make that point.

I agree with you, kel. I think he's off base there.

But these are the worst refs in the league..they threw 12 flags before halftime.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

The team does have the right to be upset about the play. The problem is that in-game, in the heat of the moment, we decided to feel sorry for ourselves, roll over, and play dead.

On top of that, Jay Gruden should have went ape s**t on an official at that point and stand up for his players. Instead, I didn't see any emotion or fire whatsoever (at least on the television).

To an extent, the team demonstrated what was modelled by their coach - that is, what appeared to be indifference at a bogus and game-altering call.

And it showed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 4, Members: 0, Guests: 4)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.