• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

Reed is so good when he's on the field, that it's very difficult to let him leave... Jackson is in the same conversation, the major difference is that Reed is going into his prime, Jackson very well may be coming out of it. I've rooted for him hard, but I just don't see him as an 'asset' with where the team is now... Reed, if we can get these concussions figured out, could be a very solid part of this team... but it's an 'if.'

Does anyone think that Jackson being absent and Crowder stepping up more and more gives room to say goodbye to #11?

Definitely. It was always easy for the Skins to get out of his contract after 2 years if they wanted. Considering he hasn't played much at all this year and the young WRs seem to be playing well, I don't see how they bring him back. DJax is a nice asset to have for sure, but we're in the process of building and letting these young WRs grow is only going to help.

I think depending how DJax looks when he's back he could act as trade bait for a team in need.

He won't be a Skin next year.

We faced two teams in a row coming off a bye week. So they each had an extra week to prepare. I am ok with one team a year doing this as it is fair (just like same number of home vice road games), but two? That means another team does not face a team all year coming off a bye. This is not the first time this has happened either. Seems like BS to me and gives some teams an advantage while certainly doing a disservice to other teams.

We are in a rebuilding year - no big deal this year. But why is it so hard to just ensure an equity of fairness in having EVERY team facing one team each year coming off a bye week for the schedulers - and or why does this not go into consideration - makes no sense to me?

The "home" team playing in London is BS too but for another rant.

Not to mention, the Pats get 3 extra days to prepare for us during OUR bye week. Ridiculous.

Our season was over with a loss and it would have been a very gloomy and miserable 2 weeks leading up to the ass kicking we will get against New England. This is a nice win.

I'm probably the only one who thinks like this. But no it was not over with a loss. Let me do the math. 9 games left, we need to be a .500 breakeven team until we get to the most meaningful 4 division games. Bottom line we need 5 wins for sure. 4 against the division? A tall order but who knows. Then we need to steal another one. Our division is crap, and I fully realize that what is keeping us in it, is the rest of the division teams are also crap.

The toughest part? Two of next three games are against undefeated teams. Ouch. But heck, I'm happy we haven't been eliminated. I'll take it one game at a time, and yes I'll give a loss against the Pats. Injuries happen to other teams too (see romo) and we may have some opportunities. Hopefully we get some guys back and don't have to play second string. Maybe this will be the year a losing team wins the division. Hope its us.

Not to mention, the Pats get 3 extra days to prepare for us during OUR bye week. Ridiculous.

Good lord, could we possibly get a worse draw for our bye week?

Eff this league. I swear.

Good lord, could we possibly get a worse draw for our bye week?

Eff this league. I swear.

That's not even half of it.

If you want to get enraged, look at how many teams we play off of their byes going forward. No other team comes close.

I'm not sure if it's total coincidence, if the league really just hates Snyder, or if they hate the name.

But we'll be playing a lot of well-rested teams for the remainder of the season.

Yep
Giants Thursday
Jets off a bye
Tampa off a bye
Pats off a Thursday
Giants off a bye followed by a Monday Night Dallas
Eagles Saturday Night Special

Hope we shrug off the Prime Time malaise.

It's such complete crap. All we're missing is a few games in London.

We need to go on our own "F U" tour.

I wanna see Grudes give ALMO and Jones a break. Against the deflators how about one whole series of jumbo package featuring Darrel Young. 80 yards right over their asses

I think it would have become unbearable to the fans and the team during the bye week. The team needs something to build on. Back to back 3-4 win seasons and nothing to show that the rebuilding process has even started. Add a likely loss to the Pats and I believe the team would just spiral down. Maybe I'm wrong, I want this year to be year one of the rebuild, not next season. I can live with the losses but we need to see progress.
I'm probably the only one who thinks like this. But no it was not over with a loss. Let me do the math. 9 games left, we need to be a .500 breakeven team until we get to the most meaningful 4 division games. Bottom line we need 5 wins for sure. 4 against the division? A tall order but who knows. Then we need to steal another one. Our division is crap, and I fully realize that what is keeping us in it, is the rest of the division teams are also crap.

The toughest part? Two of next three games are against undefeated teams. Ouch. But heck, I'm happy we haven't been eliminated. I'll take it one game at a time, and yes I'll give a loss against the Pats. Injuries happen to other teams too (see romo) and we may have some opportunities. Hopefully we get some guys back and don't have to play second string. Maybe this will be the year a losing team wins the division. Hope its us.

The season isn't over with this last win. We had to have it, that is one of those winnable games, it was a conference foe so tie breakers are going to be a factor at the end. We got a win against the Rams and Bucs. That might be a factor if we can stay healthy. A lot of the backups are getting some playing time at real game speed, Crowder, Ross, and Thompson have made some plays and had a miscue or two. That's pretty big in my eyes. We have youth and skill at WR and RB. It's hard to get a read on it all, we can't run the ball the last few games. I don't buy Almo is finished, Jones is a beast and he struggles as well. Like I said I have no idea, maybe there doesn't have to be a reason. This is the NFL sometimes there isn't a logical and rational explanation to be found. Eli Manning comes to mind. One game he looks like a probowl qb and the next a rookie that can't take care of the ball. The game is weird like that.
We are one game out of first and one game out of last at the almost mid point of the season. We have a 1-1 division record. That says we are in it because our division is in a funk due to injuries.We have a legitimate chance and losing to New England after the bye week shouldn't hurt our chances. If we lost last week ? I'm OK, playing out the season watching the O Line mature and gel. Even if we miss the playoffs. I'm anxious to see if Cousins can find success through the air without a running game is enough to see the play book open up a bit and become much more challenging for the opposing defenses content to stop our running game. It's been awhile since we could say our Qb is getting ample time to pass. I like that factor above anything else that I'm seeing.

what?!!! Griffin is perhaps not a cap killer next season? but...but....but....but....we were told otherwise

Edit: Nvm

We should be able to do some damage with that kind of cap room. There are a few other players he didn't list either.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 6, Members: 2, Guests: 4)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.