• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

Keenan Robinson has been our best player on defense all season long. It's gotta be a shitty feeling to see the fans give up on you like many did today, and the boos are completely unnecessary. We aren't the Fecals Fans!

I've heard a lot of people be critical of this team with reference that NFL games are still 4 quarters long. That cannot be forgotten today. There are very few teams anywhere that can play at an elite level for 4 quarters, (1 maybe 2 come to mind). If today showed us anything, it's that Kirk has shown that last years collapses are trending in the right direction, that the team has proven they haven't given up on the QB, the coaching staff, the season, or eachother... and that they still have heart and the competitive drive we all wanted to see. Today was far from perfect on any aspect of it, and the first half was horrible, but the only score at the end of the quarter that really matters is at the final one. The team rallied and had the biggest comeback in the history of the franchise. THE HISTORY OF THE FRANCHISE. Let that sink in a little bit before we start talking about who was a failure, in a Redskins victory.

btw props to breeland for saving the game, him not giving up on that long run prevented the td, holding them to a fg was the difference

Our season was over with a loss and it would have been a very gloomy and miserable 2 weeks leading up to the ass kicking we will get against New England. This is a nice win.

I sat up to watch the Aust v Argentina rugby semi final, and had GameCentre on in the background. As Australa cemented their spot in the RWC final, the Redskins fumbled and miss tackled their way to a 24-0 deficit. As it wasn't even half time, I wasn't going to stay up any longer and went to bed, knowing I could catch the scores when I woke up.

The way Tampa were making it look easy in the way they were moving the ball, I was expecting at least a 50 point hiding, only to find out the final score was 31-30 our way. WTF! Must be a typo, but as two other sites has the same score, I just sat here and shook my head in disbelief.

A win is a win, but can we keep it up?

Me too. We will be playing meaningful games in November, which is a VAST improvement over the last two years.

Yeah, couldn't write that script and have anyone believe it to be anything but pure fiction.

Agony to ecstasy type thing.

Do feel for Alf tho, they did several close-up shots on him, he seemed to be more focused on looking to the sideline trying to figure out if he's staying in or going out for the next snap.... gotta be hard to get into the game that way let alone build confidence.

For at least 1 game our 3rd quarter woes were nowhere to be found.

I love this about Scot.

After yesterday's win, he could easily be sitting back today or taking a break.

Instead? He's scouting former players from the Giants and working the phones.

I could be wrong, but that feels like a refreshing change in the middle of the season.

Bring the kid in, give him two weeks during the bye, and let's see what he can do.

In his Monday press conference, Gruden was asked about whether he wonders how different things would feel if his group kept playing like they did in the beginning of the contest and didn't complete the turnaround. The question drew a slight grunt from the second-year coach, and then he responded.

"I'll try not to think about that one," he said. "I probably would not be standing up here today. I might've done something crazy."

After letting out a good laugh, he continued: "It was a terrible start to a football game. It really was. And that's what makes the victory all the more sweeter."

at least he is aware of what could be in his future if shit doesn't get better quickly.

Does anyone think that Jackson being absent and Crowder stepping up more and more gives room to say goodbye to #11?

The team has remained competitive despite having a boatload of injuries to many of their key veterans.

Preston Smith, Crowder, Breeland, Reed, etc. have stepped up.

Justin Hopkins has been great so far being added during the season.

Where is the DL?

Veteran unit with few if any injuries.

Reed deserves more props than he's getting. Comes in after the concussion protocol lifted and plays tough and physical as hell. We don't win yesterday without him.

Does anyone think that Jackson being absent and Crowder stepping up more and more gives room to say goodbye to #11?

Absolutely. The way I look at it is as follows...when this team is ready to compete for a championship four to five years down the road, who has a better chance of still being on the roster and being a key part of the club's success? A steadily improving Crowder, or a Jackson at the tail end of his career?

The choice is obvious...we need to acknowledge that signing Jackson didn't really turn out as planned (in terms of his effect on overall team success) and turn the page.

Yeah, but it will be interesting to see what the offense will look like with Jackson, Reed and Garcon in the lineup. I like Crowder, he plays hard, but he is not Desean Jackson talented (Of course when Jackson is actually playing).

I am just not sure Jackson can step right back in and be the guy he was. I would love to see it, but that's a pretty tall mountain to climb assuming he is able to come back physically this year and stay on the field.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 6, Members: 0, Guests: 6)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.