• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

We need the Desean Jackson update. I expect him to play this weekend.

Some good news.....although too early to know for sure:

Desean, Culliver and Breeland are all taking part in practice today.

All are in pads, and all are at least participating in individual drills.

It was probably already said... The next two weeks, against NYJets & Tampa Bay Buccanneers... the Redskins play two teams coming off a bye.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-s...sity-of-buffalo-engineers-know-170455822.html

University at Buffalo engineers, who have done a study on imbalances in the NFL schedule and presented it at the Sloan Sports Analytics Conference earlier this year, have studied the 2015 NFL schedule that was released this week. One of the main imbalances they look at is which teams get the most games against "rested" opponents – those coming off Thursday night games or bye weeks.

Yep, Washington got the shortest stick in that area.

Washington plays five games against opponents with extra rest this year, the UB engineers said. That's the most in the NFL. The Redskins have three games against teams coming off bye weeks and two games against teams coming off a Thursday game. That's a very high number; it's almost one-third of Washington's schedule.

The presentation from the University at Buffalo engineers ...
http://www.sloansportsconference.co...ng-competitive-imbalance-in-NFL-schedules.pdf
Alleviating Competitive Imbalance in NFL Schedules: An Integer-Programming Approach

I'm shocked, shocked I tell you, that the Redskins got the short end of the stick from the NFL.

I'm also amazingly shocked and surprised that we had to travel to New York to play the Giants on a Thursday night, and when we play the Giants at home they are coming off a bye.

I think I'm gonna pass out and die from the surprise.

Revenge is a dish best served with a side of win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jordan reed is apparently healthy enough to join Instagram.

Remember when Samuels had to retire because of neck and spine issues?

I have the weirdest feeling Trent is starting to get that...

Those inclined to lose their hard-earned cash to the professional daily fantasy draftniks and their custom computer algorithms better hurry up-

Department of Justice, FBI in preliminary stages of investigating daily fantasy sports

The major sports leagues have sunk a fair amount of investment money into these leagues from what I've read. They are not going to be happy about these investigations, which will, if nothing else, deter some sucker... er, potential customers from signing up.

I am sure this is wishful thinking, but I'm not sure how I could convey my happiness if Roger got fired because of that.

IMO it is gambling.

but I think the criterion is whether it is a game of skill or game of chance.

Of course it's gambling. The rub is that the average participant thinks that there are playing against others like themselves. They're not. There are doing little more than financing a very lucrative living for a modest few who have the tools and intelligence to stack the decks in their favor.

Some of these professionals have quit their jobs as wall street hedge fund analysts and algorithm experts and turned to these vehicles because they can earn much more. It's not uncommon to see the larger tournaments end with the same person taking up the entire top 10 placements. They submit millions of entries based on the results that their dynamic data mining spits out. Not that far off from sitting at a poker table where 10% of the participants can see everyone else's hole cards.

But, hey, there's a sucker born every minute.

Heh. Opening day I'm watching the game with my son and my dad and some time during the third quarter they go to a commercial break. It's another commercial for some sort of tablet/laptop/folding doohickey and then an ad for DraftKings and then an ad for one of the various incarnations of Sildenafil, when my dad (who is 80, retired, enjoys his chair and has a very low BS threshold) blurts out "Oh for God's sake! Where are all the beer commercials?"

The next commercial just happens to be for Michelob Ultra. You know the one where the 'freedom hikers' drink beer and then jump off cliffs into small pools of water ... and I say "There you go Dad. That's beer."

He just shakes his head, gets up, walks out of the room, and gets himself a Heineken. :)

Your dad and my dad should hang out....

but then it would be weird because you'd have to hang out around me as well...and I get huggy

Don't try to deny your feelings...you know them to be true. may the hug be with you ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 11, Members: 0, Guests: 11)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.