• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

I didn't watch the game on Saturday but I listened to a lot of it on the radio. Listening to the recaps this morning confirmed what I got from the radio on Saturday. It sounds like our backups physically beat up the bills starters.

I know preseason is worthless, but that's a big deal to me (even if the bills suck.)

I didn't watch the game on Saturday but I listened to a lot of it on the radio. Listening to the recaps this morning confirmed what I got from the radio on Saturday. It sounds like our backups physically beat up the bills starters.

I know preseason is worthless, but that's a big deal to me (even if the bills suck.)

I was at the game and that was pretty much what happened. I actually felt bad for Buffalo. They couldn't do a single thing right. Yeah, their starting QB likely won't see action until week one and that team is going to be a trainwreck, but our backups just beat them up. It was that ugly.

Nick

We had 26 1st downs to their 7 (2 by penalty) and the only TD they had came on a drive where a personal foul came on an incomplete pass. Total domination. But, it is the Bills.

it is surprising that Royster has not seen more time. with the number of backs going down (Pittsburgh, Arizona, etc.) one would think with Helu locking up the backup job behind Morris, that Royster could net us a pick or a player in trade.

Doesn't Royster have an ankle injury?

I haven't heard anything about him not looking good in camp. I'm wondering if Mike isn't holding him out in preseason because he wants to stash him on the PS for a year. Considering Keiland Williams, who won't make the team, is getting all these carries over Jamison it wouldn't surprise me.

The only thing I've heard about Jamison is from Keim, who said he "knows how to run" very well. He lamented that if Jamison had Thompson's speed, or Thompson had Jamison's patience, they would be the perfect back.

Remember when everyone wanted Alexander to get a big pay day?

Was probably a wise decision to let him go...

Yeah, a sprain I believe, but he's expected to be healthy by week 1.

Troublesome, because I believe he was hampered by an ankle injury last season as well, wasn't he? Anyway, hope he can get healthy.

Has he been sucking it up in Arizona? I haven't paid much attention.

I have no idea, but at this point is anyone missing him?

He wanted a lot of money and a starting position. Which LB do you want to sit for him to play? And how would you have fit him into the salary position we currently have?

I liked Alexander when he was here; I could have done without his **** talking once he left, but whatever I imagine he felt betrayed/hurt/whatever. Not once this training camp/preseason have I thought - man, if alexander was out there that wouldn't have happened. Not once have I looked a player and wished his cap space was taken up by Alexander.

I have no idea, but at this point is anyone missing him?

He wanted a lot of money and a starting position. Which LB do you want to sit for him to play? And how would you have fit him into the salary position we currently have?

I liked Alexander when he was here; I could have done without his **** talking once he left, but whatever I imagine he felt betrayed/hurt/whatever. Not once this training camp/preseason have I thought - man, if alexander was out there that wouldn't have happened. Not once have I looked a player and wished his cap space was taken up by Alexander.

Good point...I'm not missing him. Not missing Danny Smith, either. :)

The difference was that Arizona was willing to give him a legit chance to start at LB and at 30 the Redskins were not.

Alexander is a top flight special teams player but the Redskins already have enough players at LB to sort through and there was no way he was going to challenge Kerrigan or Orakpo for an outside slot, which I believe is where Arizona projected him.

Plus, to me it isn't about what Alexander does in Arizona, it's what we do without him. Being a quality football team means not being hurt when a guy decides to walk because we wont pay him what he wants. The days of being hamstrung by contracts or an individual player demanding more than he's worth should be behind us.

The difference was that Arizona was willing to give him a legit chance to start at LB and at 30 the Redskins were not.

Alexander is a top flight special teams player but the Redskins already have enough players at LB to sort through and there was no way he was going to challenge Kerrigan or Orakpo for an outside slot, which I believe is where Arizona projected him.

Well, we'll be counting division championships, playoff wins, hosted playoff games, and (hopefully) SB rings over the next 5-8 years.

He'll be counting 3rd and 4th place finishes in the NFC west.

Hope it was worth it to him.

Well, I think that's the story. Two or three years ago Alexander could very well have been competing for a starting job here, in fact he did start games here when we first moved to a 3-4.

The difference between 2010 and 2013 is huge on this team. The Redskins have 7 or 8 linebackers now that can play. Guys on the 'bubble' like Darryl Tapp and Bryan Kehl are capable performers on teams and as backup linebackers.

Well, I think that's the story. Two or three years ago Alexander could very well have been competing for a starting job here, in fact he did start games here when we first moved to a 3-4.

We gave him a shot at MLB, and he didn't take advantage. He lost all the weight to play the position, but then wasn't a good enough athlete or whatever to play the position. He could have stepped in and been the heir-apparent to Fletcher, but he didn't sieze the opportunity.

Arizona is starting over on defense and they simply lack talent overall so the move for Alexander for a team with a normal cap situation was a mid-level move, not a major one. It was the salary cap penalty that made Alexander's new contract a no-go zone for Washington.

Listening to Chris Russell break down a play/scheme/series is tortuous.

I have enjoyed being sick with flu like symptoms since mid-day saturday more than the 2 minutes I listened to him before shutting it off just now.

Chris Russell is all over the place in discussions about players. He talks up some guys you know are questionable to survive the final cut and then he is advocating more competition for Kai Forbath because he isn't the league's best kickoff man. I listened to that argument for about 3 or 4 minutes a week ago and turned the show off because I thought the idea of questioning a guy that went 17-18 on field goals (perhaps winning 2-3 games last year) and showing enough leg to convert 53 yarders, was crazy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 10, Members: 0, Guests: 10)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.