• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

Long time since we had a kick off return for a TD I believe

Oh well, atleast we're all familiar with the words to this song.

I must say, as irritated as I am after tonight's game in New York, I loved the fight in the fourth quarter. That's got to count for something.

We got a bit better towards the end of the game and hopefully we see much of the same in terms of the overall schedule.

By November and December, it would be nice to see this team start forming more of an identity for itself and reeling off some wins that could be building blocks for greater things down the road in the McLoughan era.

Progress is key...as long as this thing doesn't spiral out of control in the last half of the season, I think that's all we can ask for as a starting point.

I'm not even sure what I just watched.

I could blame ST for the early blocked punt, but then Ross took it 100 to even things out.

I could blame Kirk for underthrowing a few balls. But then he looked great in the 4th.

I think I have to lay this one at the feet of the HC. The team seemed to be going through the motions for the first thirty minutes.

Then again, they didn't give up.

Maybe the D line and a lack of pass rush?

I feel like I was slipped a roofie. I'm not even sure what just happened over the last three hours.

I think the biggest mistake any one of us could have made going into the New York game was thinking that with the Eagles and Giants reeling in their first two contests, and the Cowboys fighting the major injury bug, that a bit of a window was now open for this team in the East.

Playoffs and contending are two words that shouldn't even exist in our vocabularies right now.

The biggest letdown was not being mentally prepared to play at the start of the game, letting the bright lights interfere with our ability to play at a better level, and proving to let some early first quarter penalties turn us into a fragile piece of china.

In the end, the Giants had to do very little to earn this one and for a young team wanting to find an identity, this is something that will have to be rectified moving forward.

It's all in the details when it comes to this team, and we seem to miss on the finer ones more often than not. And when you couple that with an incomplete roster, those seem to get magnified and affect you much more.

Our new kicker? A+

Did they even have a runback tonight?

Ryan Kerrigan? Is it the new defensive scheme? Are they not using him properly? What's happened to this guy?

Breeland. I know you're rusty. But you gave up 2 TDs tonight.

Can we ol yeller hall already?

He's done. Anyone who thinks different is listening to ego and not talent.

He showed his "talent" when he got broke against the Texans

Apparently, the 'Gruden Offense" is about as hard to figure out as pouring water out of a glass. Did a fine job of making the vaGiants look like the 85 Bears.

I'm not even sure what I just watched.

I could blame ST for the early blocked punt, but then Ross took it 100 to even things out.

I could blame Kirk for underthrowing a few balls. But then he looked great in the 4th.

I think I have to lay this one at the feet of the HC. The team seemed to be going through the motions for the first thirty minutes.

Then again, they didn't give up.

Maybe the D line and a lack of pass rush?

I feel like I was slipped a roofie. I'm not even sure what just happened over the last three hours.

IMO, Kirk gets the lion's share of the blame for this one. Him looking good in the 4th Q of an out-of-hand game is irrelevant. If you can't get it done when the points matter, YOU don't matter.

I know we've been saying this for a while now, almost every week, but next week is a pretty important game for Mr. Cousins. In the past, when things start going poorly for him, he has tended to fold, and quickly. This is his opportunity to show that he can shake it off and rebound from a terrible performance to get the job done.

Morris should get more than 6 touches. Losing Lavaou early hurt the run game, which I haven't understood why we don't run more to the right.

At some point we need to send Ross deep to keep teams honest. He has the speed to stretch the field.

I think Kerrigan is getting doubled since no pass rush threat from the other side from Murphy. Plus, I wonder if he isn't getting into shape after not playing in preseason.

Why can't we create fumbles and INT's like other teams?

I'm still confused by the comment they made on the broadcast last night when they said the Skins told them RGIII may soon be the #2 QB. Since he passed the concussion test and went straight to 3rd string, what I thought was the only logical conclusion was that they had given up on him and were keeping him around for trade bait. I mean, why else would the guy starting go straight to 3rd? You normally go to 2nd right if you are healthy?

If that statement is true that he'll soon be the #2, it really baffles me.

Morris should get more than 6 touches. Losing Lavaou early hurt the run game, which I haven't understood why we don't run more to the right.

At some point we need to send Ross deep to keep teams honest. He has the speed to stretch the field.

I think Kerrigan is getting doubled since no pass rush threat from the other side from Murphy. Plus, I wonder if he isn't getting into shape after not playing in preseason.

Why can't we create fumbles and INT's like other teams?

I agree with everything said here. Great post.

Grudens offense is limited due to Kirk right now. The first two games he was clearly limiting what Kirk was doing. Last night we needed Kirk to step up. The D was also flat. Maybe just an off game on a short week for a young team. Gonna have to ride it out until MCCl can see the vision completed.

I don't know Tr. Maybe. If they sat RG with Gruden insisting he can win with Kirk, you may be right. If McCL was on board with giving Kirk a chance to see if he can overcome the Yips, Gruden may get year 3.

If by the end of this year Kirk hasn't taken major steps forward, we will be.

You think McCl will sit through another 3-13 season?

Kirk's turnover stats are mind-blowing...and, when you turnover the ball, you're not likely to win.

If Kirk is the best qb on the roster, we need to go shopping.

If Kirk blows it, its on Kirk, not Gruden. Even first round picks bust. Coaches don't typically take fall for a players failure. There will be many metrics McC uses to grade Gruden. win/loss is one, but on it's own, it's not the biggest one. The context of every loss will have to be examined and graded. This season isn't about winning, it's about evaluation. I'm not sold on Gruden, but I want the carousel to stop. McC will grade him fairly and move on if needed. A 3 win season isn't a bad thing if we have to go qb shopping.

no disrespect to anyone on this board.....but man o man...we go from "what great progress we can win a weak division" to "3-6 win season is ok."

the emotions yardarm is swinging wildly to and fro!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.