• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

Giants are 32 in the league in passing defense hopefully we find a way to get enough of a ground game going to exploit their passing defense

Paloff talk or too soon?

Lol j/k I'm enjoying it one game at a time.

Typical Jason Cole article trying to create controversy with our team. A non story here so Cole can eat a sock full of shit

Insider Buzz: Washington QBs RG3, Kirk Cousins Refuse to Speak to Each Other | Bleacher Report

Pot Roast's reply:

Capture.JPG

Good grief. His source is some low level staffer who has an ax to grind and is making crap up.

Pot roast is the character and player we need in that locker room.

He defends his teammates
He stands up to the mediots
He plays hard
He represents our team and city

Skins waive Amerson.

Zac Boyer@ZacBoyer

The Redskins have waived David Amerson to make room for Chris Culliver returning from suspension.

Wow Amerson gone huh? Suppose that rookie season he had was a fluke...or Raheem ruined him.

Oh yeah I'm def in the "extend pot roast contract now" club too!

Some tweets throughout the day on Monday.

Tarik El-Bashir ‏@TarikCSN
Jason Hatcher's eight quarterback pressures is most among 3-4 defensive ends, according to http://ProFootballFocus.com.

SS Jeron Johnson and CB David Amerson did not take a snap on defense. Both were, however, used extensively on special teams.

From what I've seen, SM (McCloughan) always greets his players, almost 1 by 1, after wins. Had a big ol' hug for Matt Jones, too.

John Keim ‏@john_keim
It's great what Matt Jones did Sunday, but: He averaged 4.68 yards before contact -- league average, 2.41, according to @ESPNStatsInfo.

Mark Bullock ‏@MarkBullockNFL
Redskins used 3 TE set, with all 3 TEs on same side 12 times yesterday. Gained 84 yards at 7 yards per play and a touchdown.

FYI
Top five rushers in Redskins history:
1. John Riggins: 7,472 yards
2. Clinton Portis: 6,824 yards
3. Larry Brown: 5,875 yards
4. Stephen Davis: 5,790 yards
5. Alfred Morris: 4,142 yards

Around The NFL@AroundTheNFL
Jeff Fisher on Redskins' O-line: 'It's Dallas all over again'
Note: He referenced that the O-line is very talented and gave kudos to Callahan.

Chris Russell ‏@Russellmania621
Missed this live.. Kory Lichtensteiger had an excellent hook block & Brandon Scherff had a nice slide block along w/ Lauvao on Morris 35 run

John Keim@john_keim
I've knocked jordan Reed for his blocking but he did a solid job there Sunday. Often vs safety when blocking bec of 3 te sets.

Brian McNally ‏@bmcnally14
Re-watching game last night, CB David Amerson had 0 defensive snaps. Bashaud Breeland stayed outside, Kyshoen Jarrett was main slot corner.

Brian McNally ‏@bmcnally14
The coaches trusted Will Blackmon, signed off the street on Tuesday, for 5 snaps. Pretty obvious their confidence in Amerson is gone.

And then...

Zac Boyer ‏@ZacBoyer
The #Redskins have waived David Amerson to make room for Chris Culliver returning from suspension.

BGObsession.com ‏@BGObsession
Old way: Redskins sign Suh and he causes problems. New way: Redskins don't sign Suh and he causes problems elsewhere. Lovin' McCloughan

That maybe true Tr1, but I don't see a lot in the Giants secondary that should scare anyone.

I think Cousins can beat them through the air.

Their real weaknesses are at safety and ILB.

These will be good match ups for Jordan Reed and the slot receivers.

Being a division rival they were in a similar situation twice before and one of the times they had one of the worst passing defenses and we couldn't get it done
But this team we have might be better if Cousins plays smart

The dynamic in recent seasons has been the Giants defensive front dominating the Redskins OL and forcing turnovers.

Manning might still throw for 300 yards and win the game, but the match ups up front have changed.

There is no more Osi, Justin Tuck, or JPP in their primes looking to terrorize our guards and tackles.

And our guards and tackles seem to have improved.

It doesn't seem to matter when we play as teams either start their play-off run, or get their first win against us. Too early to start a play-off run, but the Vagiants are 0-2! Just saying.

So I rarely have much work in the DC market so I rarely get to listen to DC sports talk. I was listening to Doc and B-Mitch (Damn he's a miserable dude), they were talking about Callahan.

Doc said one of the 1st things Callahan did when he got here was post a picture of the Hogs on his wall in his office.

Gotta love a man who knows and respects those who came before him.

We really need to have better 3rd quarters. Not sure what's happening at halftime but teams should come out motivated and rejuvenated, not flat and giving up the ass like a hookers on two for night.

Wow Amerson gone huh? Suppose that rookie season he had was a fluke...or Raheem ruined him.
Personally, I never saw anything his rookie season that was good.

He's was Toast for his entire stay here. Another Shamahan draft failure.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 6, Members: 0, Guests: 6)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.