• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

I am not trying to start any controversy or put on any tinfoil hat, but Cousins was benched for INTs and McCoy his neck. That is not really that far out of left field as something that could happen.

It's pretty unusual to have to go with a 3rd QB due to injury - no matter what team you are talking about. My sense is, it doesn't matter how ugly it gets with Cousins or McCoy, Gruden's not going back to Robert unless he absolutely has no choice (ie... Neither can suit up). The odds of Griffin being a 'winning QB on this team again are pretty low imho. But yeah, I guess anything is possible. We started Rex at one point, right? :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He may not since he has a personal vendetta against Griffin, but he did literally just do it last year.

They are definitely low....but when was the last time we had a solid QB who did well for a long period of time for us anyways?

That, and a line with a couple young guys. Who are bound to look like studs one play, duds the next, then back to studs.

But as a pure fan, homer shades & proud, I truly hope Kirk, and Jay, begin their march into the Pro Football HOF, as Redskins, starting in 11 days.

That's my point. It's not last year. I don't believe Griffin will ever be under center for us again. Just what I believe.

You're the one predicting season-ending injuries to our #1 and #2 QBs sunshine [emoji174]

I have literally talked about this until traveling in time.

I have a hard time believing Griff plays a down either... simply because of the cap ramifications next year if he were to get injured.... I'd imagine he's released on Friday, once he's completely cleared, and the possibility is then gone

if he is released I can only imagine the shitstorm that will be BGO and Facebook.

I think about half the fan base will express relief and the other half will be making dire predictions about him taking the Browns or the Jets to the Suoer Bowl. There's no middle ground...

I have a hard time believing Griff plays a down either... simply because of the cap ramifications next year if he were to get injured.... I'd imagine he's released on Friday, once he's completely cleared, and the possibility is then gone
If he chooses to, Robert can redo the contract to favor the team, and simultaneously cover his ass if he DID SOMEHOW get back on the field and light it up.

We are NOT married to the option. But it is up to Griffin if we have to file divorce papers.

I think half will gloat in the fact that "they were right and Griffin has always sucked" and the other half will be pissed about it....just like now. But its going to be new and final so it will be massive.

I think that day I will have to call in to BGO sick ;)

I think you are underestimating fans. I don't know anyone who will relish Griffin's collapse. Wanting to move on and being glad or happy about his situation are two different things.

If he chooses to, Robert can redo the contract to favor the team, and simultaneously cover his ass if he DID SOMEHOW get back on the field and light it up.

We are NOT married to the option. But it is up to Griffin if we have to file divorce papers.

Very true, and I agree it is a viable option that I have kind of been sleeping on to this point..

That being said, I don't think it would be a positive move for the locker room to keep Griffin around. It's going to cause distractions in my opinion.

I think half will gloat in the fact that "they were right and Griffin has always sucked" and the other half will be pissed about it....just like now. But its going to be new and final so it will be massive.

I think that day I will have to call in to BGO sick ;)

I'm pissedI was right. Where does that fit. :). After 2012 I figured we finally had a real QB. Nothing good about this ending, other than it's a new start and maybe they'll get it right this time.

I'm passed I was right. Where does that fit. :). After 2012 I figured we finally had a real QB. Nothing good about this ending, other than it's a new start and maybe they'll get it right this time.
Well, if you're passed you don't fit because it's already passed.

Very true, and I agree it is a viable option that I have kind of been sleeping on to this point..

That being said, I don't think it would be a positive move for the locker room to keep Griffin around. It's going to cause distractions in my opinion.
This is a very real concern, for sure. But I believe strong men, with strong personalities, and intestinal fortitude, can handle this. Whether they will, or not, is the question.

The media, will look for dissention everywhere they can. Robert leaving will not change that. They are pushing the "Robert has to go" line, pretty hard. But if things go south, they'll be the first ones crying that the franchise screwed up again by letting him go. They NEED the audience to stay angry, at something. Pissed off people are more likely to call, tweet, click, etc... They are whores for drama. If this team isn't winning, there WILL be drama, manufactured if needs be, from somewhere.

Having 3 QB's on the roster, with NFL experience, AND knowledge of the system, is a luxury few teams have. If we can make it work, and I believe we can, then we should do it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 4, Members: 0, Guests: 4)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.