• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

No reason to give up hope.

Ever.

I am actually a little more hopeful that the Skins will be competitive now that RG3 was benched. Also, I think there is some truth to the TMZ article. I'm sure guys wanted him benched and out of there a long time ago.

Well... not saying nuttin' because there's always so much scuttlebutt... but...

My same masseuse friend who works on a current 'Skins player twice a week (this player lives apparently in the same 'hood as Kory Lichtensteiger) says Lich literally cannot stand the very ground Robert walks on. I know that's hearsay, but this chick has no axe to grind and has shown me texts from this player.

Nick

I think there's a different belief system here, McD5. Or, they're using some really powerful drugs that I'd wish they would share.
Please don't push it, tr1.

And that goes for everybody. Let's dial the tone-deafness and relentless snark way, way back.

McD5, of course, will be the first to line up against anyone "inside" who goes public with insider sniping if HC Gru**** is the target.

This is comical. No notice of the transgression by DJax BECAUSE IT SERVES AN AGENDA.

Actually, I'll be the first person suggesting that he's replaced as soon as I see anything that leads me to feel that way.

I love what I've seen so far in terms of rebuilding the team. And I love his offense with WRs frequently open all over the field.

I haven't heard a player, coach or analyst say a single bad thing about him yet.

Just a few emotional fans.

You love what you've seen in far as rebuilding the team?

Who do you think is doing that? Gruden?

If there was no emotion there wouldn't be any fans. Your way isn't the right or only way...its just your way. Your opinion.

Actually, I'll be the first person suggesting that he's replaced as soon as I see anything that leads me to feel that way.

I love what I've seen so far in terms of rebuilding the team. And I love his offense with WRs frequently open all over the field.

I haven't heard a player, coach or analyst say a single bad thing about him yet.

Just a few emotional fans.

Scott Ferrall Verbally Eviscerates Redskins Coach Jay Gruden « CBS DC

Jay Gruden is Basically Asking to Be Fired with Comments About Robert Griffin III | The Big Lead

Preseason is about evaluating players, not building game-plans against specific opponents to try to win games.

We'll start to get a meaningful look at all aspects of this year's team against Miami. The offense will scheme against the Miami personnel and system, the defense will scheme against the Miami personnel and system, and the special teams will ... well, hopefully not be among the worst in NFL history again and cost the offense and defense any realistic chance of grabbing an early win.

Then will come week two, and three, etc. ... and we'll hope to see this very different looking Redskins team, with all the new bodies, coaches, and a new starting QB, make progress and show signs of heading in the right direction.

You love what you've seen in far as rebuilding the team?

Who do you think is doing that? Gruden?

If there was no emotion there wouldn't be any fans. Your way isn't the right or only way...its just your way. Your opinion.

I had a checklist of 5 things I wanted from our new HC when it was obvious that Shanahan was done.

1. Power football. Bigger linemen controlling both sides of the ball. A power running game. A much more physical team. A pass rush.

2. A coach that could also bring a modern day approach to our offense. A coach who could draw up plays where receivers were open all over in a new passing league.

3. A coach who was talented and intelligent. A guy who would run over Dan and Bruce. A guy who would take control away from them and run a smart football program.

4. A guy who believed in competition at every spot. A guy who didn't care where a person was drafted. A guy win over the team and who would get clear out any divas.

5. A guy who would greatly increase the talent of our assistant coaches. A guy who would actually build a solid foundation for years to come. An addition like Callahan was a dream at the time.

I've seen exactly that so far. Everything I've hoped for, and way ahead of schedule after only one season.

I had a checklist of 5 things I wanted from our new HC when it was obvious that Shanahan was done.

1. Power football. Bigger linemen controlling both sides of the ball. A power running game. A much more physical team. A pass rush.

2. A coach that could also bring a modern day approach to our offense. A coach who could draw up plays where receivers were open all over in a new passing league.

3. A coach who was talented and intelligent. A guy who would run over Dan and Bruce. A guy who would take control away from them and run a smart football program.

4. A guy who believed in competition at every spot. A guy who didn't care where a person was drafted. A guy win over the team and who would get clear out any divas.

5. A guy who would greatly increase the talent of our assistant coaches. A guy who would actually build a solid foundation for years to come. An addition like Callahan was a dream at the time.

I've seen exactly that so far. Everything I've hoped for, and way ahead of schedule after only one season.

From now on stop saying you are not biased for Gruden. This very post right here shows that your bias for Gruden is beyond anything else.

Scot drafted those players, Scot has changed the demeanor in the locker room by stating the kind of player he wants and that he wants to reward them with second contracts.

Gruden is not as intelligent and talented as you seem to be thinking. Hes ran his mouth and helped create drama, played quarterbacks when they shouldn't have been, and ran through 3 of them just to go back to the first one because he was so indecisive.

every coach better believe in competition at every spot. Gruden isnt special for doing what every coach should be doing from pop warner up does.

you think Gruden brought in Callahan? Seriously? You dont think that the money and a chance to shine with a new GM helped? Or maybe even the possibility of this HC failing so badly he could get the top spot?

I am sure it is exactly what you have wanted so far. Except you take every opportunity to trash the organization from top to bottom excluding Gruden. Your bias is just that...your bias.

Did you see in his presser that, before RG3 got hurt, the plan was to START RG3 in the opener, but after a few reps replace him with Kirk?

WTF was that about? I guess that's why you don't name your starter before training camp.

I haven't seen any improvement in any unit of the team, yet. Maybe things will improve when the bullets are real, but there are still a lot of glaring weaknesses.
You simply misunderstood what he said. He was clearly talking about preseason game #3. He said the plan had been to start Robert, but that they were going to pull him at some point and give Kirk some reps with the #1's.

I honestly don't think you're capable of seeing small to midland improvement, due to your predetermined capabilities of everyone you don't like. Which seems to be the entire front office, all the coaches, and most of the players.

But, do try. Goods things are around if you look for them, and then choose to see them.

hmmmmm. anyone catch Joey T's interview this morning? interesting. not the fatalistic view many hold.

as for Gruden...just some thoughts....

Cooley noted yesterday that Gruden's offense in terms of play design and terminology aren't that much different from what the Shanahan's installed. since when, btw, is the WCO a modern offense? I'll have to take that one up with Bill Walsh one day.

run a smart program? huh? McL is doing the heavy lifting. coach couldn't even get players on/off the field with regularity or call plays in a timely fashion last season.

power football! well...what a brilliant insight for the smallest o-line in the league! thank goodness we hired a coach with the unique ability and mental chemistry to have that insight!

he increased their talent? that sounds magical to me! English aside......that begs the question then on why (as with Griffin) he rolled over like a hooker making that extra buck when he first signed up for he job.

Giving Gruden the credit for what has happened since the season ended is like giving a mother who left her newborn on the church steps the credit for how that child turned out 18 years later.

Why didn't we trade away RG3 and Morris before the draft again?

I'll be absolutely shocked if Morris is here next year.

You throw this shit out there like a grenade and when it explodes you just pull the pin on the next one.

Nothing you say or have ever said about Morris is logical or has any use here. Scot likes him, Gruden likes him, the team likes him, the players like him, the fans like him.

This is getting ridiculous with this shit.

You guys are a hop, skip, and a jump away from taking a break. Om asked nicely - and I'm pretty sure doesn't appreciate getting the implied finger salute in response.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You throw this shit out there like a grenade and when it explodes you just pull the pin on the next one.

Nothing you say or have ever said about Morris is logical or has any use here. Scot likes him, Gruden likes him, the team likes him, the players like him, the fans like him.

This is getting ridiculous with this shit.

AlMo didn't get 1600 yards every year, though, so...

Nick

AlMo didn't get 1600 yards every year, though, so...

Nick

Yeah, and we have this shiny new toy in Matt Jones. Why not get rid of the workhorse who does everything you ask him to with NO complaints if you have this awesome new racehorse that has never even raced ONCE?!

Second request to dial it back.

With apologies to those who do "get it," if those of you that do not seem to get it won't do so voluntarily, we're going to shut some of you down for a few days. I really hope you know who you are and what I'm talking about.

And if you have any doubt, please feel free to PM me.

Why didn't we trade away RG3 and Morris before the draft again?

I'll be absolutely shocked if Morris is here next year.

Simple. Seastrunk and Redd.

Our running game would have been am unmitigated disaster had we traded away Morris and trusted the run game to a couple unproven rookies. If I recall both of those guys looked so pretty in the preseason last year that some on this board thought we were super-deep at RB, when in fact we had Morris and nothing. And you dont trade Morris when you have Morris and nothing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 5, Members: 0, Guests: 5)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.