• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

Which is why it's easy to report without any fact behind it. I'm not saying there is no fact behind it, but it's an idea to throw out there knowing it will be believed. The only thing we know for certain is that this is a mess and it needs to be cleaned up.

Shefter and others are reporting they are hearing it via 'front office sources'. Doesn't sound like just the usual crap being thrown at the wall. Just my sense.

His only salvation would be to cut ties as soon as possible. Otherwise this is going to fester into something regardless of if it is or isn't. I just can't fathom anyone being that stupid.

If that were to be proven to be true, I'm done with this franchise. You bring in a football GM and then the **** out of the way. Not assuming it's true, but it certainly seems within the realm of possibility.

It's the danny. It has always been the danny ;)

Shefter just tweeted you should all send me $100 each to help rebuild my Redskin paraphernalia collection. I plomise to use it for good instead of evil.

There's no way Dan would overstep McLuvs on Griff, or any roster spot. How many times did our GM state that he has final say over the roster? I don't doubt they're contemplating cutting or even trading RG, but to say Dan is interfering is just for clicks.

Shefter, the same guy who would gargle Mike Shanahan with a swig of Yoohoo? You bet your negative outlook ass I would doubt him.

Btw who is the "source" in all of this huh? Funny how nobody is ever named with the Danbashing, always an "unnamed/anonymous" source.

Short some miracle, Griffin will be considered one of the biggest bust QBs at the price we paid ever. And that's a fair assessment if you ask me.

I wonder if the fact that Snyder is so insistent on sticking with RG3, is more about this - not wanting to go down in history as being behind the biggest draft bust ever, by far - and not just because of his personal connection to RG3

Shefter, the same guy who would gargle Mike Shanahan with a swig of Yoohoo? You bet your negative outlook ass I would doubt him.

Btw who is the "source" in all of this huh? Funny how nobody is ever named with the Danbashing, always an "unnamed/anonymous" source.

I listened to his "phone conversation" on ESPN. I don't think ever said there were any sources. It's in print, but I don't remember him saying that.

So, do you think Gruden wanted RG3 to start yesterday had he not been injured?

Someone mentioned it last night and it's a good analogy. It's no different than Joe Gibbs taking the first opportunity possible to move on from Patrick Ramsey in favor of a QB he knew was better equipped to win games. I don't think it's a matter of 'want' - it's a matter of trust. He doesn't trust Griffin under center, and honestly, who can blame him?

Way I see it, Gruden may have been willing to give Griffin one more season to prove he can be the guy. He may have had doubts, but been willing to go along with that plan. That's not the same thing as being 'coerced'. When you are on a leadership team, you don't always get your optimum choice. Quite possible that's how he went into this season but the more it progressed and the more he saw, the more concerns he had with Griffin's play. Anyone watching the Lions game would seriously question whether Griffin could get the job done. And then the concussion gives you a potential 'out'. I don't know if Snyder has his hands in this or if it has been an Allen/McCloughan/Gruden-driven plan. Again - some similarities as the Gibbs/Ramsey deal. Gibbs, like Gruden, inherited Ramsey. Ramsey was all 'potential' and all of the in house folks though he would be the guy for the forseeable future. He wasn't and Gibbs figured it out pretty quickly.

Difference is, it was Joe Freaking Gibbs. No one cried foul when he summarily replaced Ramsey (after a concussion too btw) and went with Brunell. There were no conspiracy theories. He just made the change and never looked back. I don't care what the story here really is - a head coach deserves to have a guy under center he trusts if that guy is on the roster. It shouldn't matter how anyone else feels about it.

That is an excellent analogy and all good points. Everyone wanted to see Griffin play and Griffin succeed. When you make a big investment, you don't just dump it at the first sign of trouble. You look to see if the investment can work it's way out of trouble. You also have to know when it's time to cut bait. You also have to remember that Gruden knew what he was inheriting at QB when he took the job. The fact that Griffin hasn't worked out is a stain on everyone. Gruden wants his opportunity to coach his guy. Just like Gibbs did with Ramsey.

If any of what is being reported is in fact true, I think part of the problem is that as an owner, Snyder approaches this from a different perspective than any of us.

We as fans see it from the perspective of winning. We want what's best for the team in terms of wins and losses. All indications at this point suggest that if we want to establish a winning tradition, Robert needs to leave town quickly.

As an owner, Dan looks at it from both a winning and financial perspective. Sure, he wants the team to win, but I don't doubt for a second that he's just as concerned about the bottom line. In Robert's rookie year, Snyder reaped the benefits of Griffin having the most popular selling jersey in the league. He was a marketing and money making machine for Snyder when this team won.

Even if we become a winning team under a different quarterback, it would be hard to match the star power potential that Robert Griffin carried and the potential economic benefits that could be tied to that.

I'm not trying by any means to make excuses for Snyder, but I can certainly see this factoring into his viewpoint if it is in fact accurate reporting about the situation.

Ultimately, I think it also hints as to why this team has stunk for so long, but that's a totally different topic for a separate discussion that has already been discussed at length over the years.

Well, my very 1st instinct when I heard the news he was not playing Saturday was...he's on the trading block.

After what BB told me last night about the cap ramifications if he were traded, we would be stupid to trade him and anyone who knows cap numbers like any FO personelle should, you cannot trade him and eat the 16 million

So, do you think Gruden wanted RG3 to start yesterday had he not been injured?

Honestly no, Gruden was showing his hand last year with the public scrutiny of Griff. Boone said it much better than I can in post 13749. I was pulling/hoping for him to be the heir to the throne once & for all but didn't work out.

It could possibly be a collaboration,or even McLuvs telling Jay to give it "one more try". Suppose my issue is Shefters assumption that Dan was forcing it while overruling everyone,including McLuvs.

At this point there's no doubt Bob & the team are on the outs. The Detroit game was just the final point to make before deciding. I too hope the kid catches on somewhere &succeeds but it's maroon & black before players.

The drama this team has been providing thus far in a three week span of the preseason is unbelievable...and we haven't even begun to play real football games yet!

I think above all else, this might be my biggest concern of all above everything else related to on field performances.

We can't seem to get out of our own way and apparently love the circus elephants that come to Redskins Park every year.

We can talk about winning until we are blue in the face. The circus drama needs to leave town.

So, if Schefter is wrong, where's the push back from the organization? Maybe they're doing a focus group to come up with a palatable answer?

It's out in public...there is, or was, a rift between ownership and the football people. The dust hasn't settled yet.

My take is that Danny is broiling that it's out there. Anonymous sources never play well with the Danny.

Skins front office has already denied it, says they are all on same page including owner - that's what PFT is reporting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The drama this team has been providing thus far in a three week span of the preseason is unbelievable...and we haven't even begun to play real football games yet!

I think above all else, this might be my biggest concern of all above everything else related to on field performances.

We can't seem to get out of our own way and apparently love the circus elephants that come to Redskins Park every year.

We can talk about winning until we are blue in the face. The circus drama needs to leave town.

The circus drama will never leave town. Because sports media has devolved into tabloid journalism, and that isn't going to change.
They are always going to find something to create a drama about, whether or not there is one, and their history proves that.
So, the answer is not to hope the circus leaves town, but to make a decision as a fan not to pay attention to the sports tabloidism, or to choose not to let it stir you up, and push your buttons, the way that they intend to do.

Im not sure what the answer is to all this. My guess is everyone from Dan down to the assistant coaches are in a war room at this moment thinking of a remedy. Unless jay is told to bite his tongue I would expect him to blurt out the 4 w's regarding all this.

I don't however believe that this is a Dan against the rest scenario as the article lays the groundwork for. We have the best GM type in position in a looong friggin time & don't see him going against anything to ruin that balance. Because if he actually IS then we're 10 kinds of ****ed.

**** Shefter, BSPN & anything coming from the WaPo. Most definitely agenda articles.

Last edited:
The circus drama will never leave town. Because sports media has devolved into tabloid journalism, and that isn't going to change.
They are always going to find something to create a drama about, whether or not there is one, and their history proves that.
So, the answer is not to hope the circus leaves town, but to make a decision as a fan not to pay attention to the sports tabloidism, or to choose not to let it stir you up, and push your buttons, the way that they intend to do.

While I think there is some truth to this...this organization is not absolved from drama. There is more drama surrounding this team than most.

Losing begets drama, finger-pointing, blamestorming and more drama. It just does. There's a reason why there was little drama in 2012. We start winning, the press will have something else to write about.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.