• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

Apparently no one considers the possibility that it's not an adversarial relationship? No way Snyder, Allen, Mcloughan and Gruden could possibly have considered the totality of the circumstances and reached the conclusion as an organization?

But Snyder's track record should preclude him from participating in any on field decisions...even if it means their investment gets "one last shot" even though the body of evidence suggests he does not deserve any more chances. He has not scored a TD in pre-season since his rookie year. What does that say about him?

Every owner in the league is included in the discussions of importance to the team. Doesn't mean he always gets way.

Especially if the coach has a guaranteed contract.

But Snyder's track record should preclude him from participating in any on field decisions...even if it means their investment gets "one last shot" even though the body of evidence suggests he does not deserve any more chances. He has not scored a TD in pre-season since his rookie year. What does that say about him?
Well, that's one opinion.

Another might be ... any owner of any business in any field should absolutely be consulted, and his opinion heard and considered, when deciding how to manage one of his organizations biggest assets/investments.

If we believe on any level that Snyder has learned anything over the past 17 years, perhaps we can also believe he is capable of being part of an organizational decision, without necessarily overruling one that might not be his first choice?

Yes. I believe 100% that he is being forced to start RG3. I don't think there's a coach in the entire league that would start him. I know Jay is smarter than that.

I remember a month ago, a few people objected when RG3 was rated the 31st or 32nd QB in the league. I said then, and say again now, I'd put him at 45-48. And that's generous. If injuries are included, I'd say more like 55th.

I believe Dan and maybe Bruce are the only people in the organization that believe he should be the QB.

Agree with you. The evidence is empirical and already out there. Last revealed in Gruden's quote " I imagine Robert will still be the starting QB."

That my friends is a vote of no confidence. Not a vote of confidence.

Agree with you. The evidence is empirical and already out there. Last revealed in Gruden's quote " I imagine Robert will still be the starting QB."

That my friends is a vote of no confidence. Not a vote of confidence.
It would also be an admission by Gruden, that he is a spineless idiot.

It would also be an admission by Gruden, that he is a spineless idiot.

I give him a pass as it is his first HC job and in almost every workplace, you have to do what the boss wants whether you like it or not. Or you can quit. then you're a quitter. I'll let you decide, is it better to be a loser or a quitter?

just saw a blurb about Galette having an ankle injury. Not sure if it is correct or not but if so...DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMNIT!!!

I give him a pass as it is his first HC job and in almost every workplace, you have to do what the boss wants whether you like it or not. Or you can quit. then you're a quitter. I'll let you decide, is it better to be a loser or a quitter?
I hate quitters.

But in this case, putting myself in Gruden's place, I was hired as head football coach. Part of that job is deciding who starts, and who doesn't. And I say, Robert does not start. The only way you can stop that is to fire me. Which means you have to pay me my entire guaranteed contract.

Up to you Dan.

If you really believe this, then Jay Gruden is not smart, at all. In fact, it would make him dumber than puddle of mud. It would make him the biggest pansy-ass loser to ever play make believe head coach in the history of the world.

He can't be forced. He can only allow his self to be Snyder's bitch. Jay holds all the cards.

What makes you think he can't be forced?

That makes zero sense. What other option would he have?

I hate quitters.

But in this case, putting myself in Gruden's place, I was hired as head football coach. Part of that job is deciding who starts, and who doesn't. And I say, Robert does not start. The only way you can stop that is to fire me. Which means you have to pay me my entire guaranteed contract.

Up to you Dan.

Scot says he plays. Dan says he plays. That leaves what option?

To quit and then be the "hothead" coach looking for future employment? Can't play well with others type?

He has no option. And you already know what's likely to happen.

Last year I said that I'd be shocked if RG3 made it 6 games before injury, and people got furious.

This year it's either serious injury by game 3, or he sucks for 4 games, then gets pulled and our W-L record is basically shot.

Dan just refuses to see what's about to happen.

just saw a blurb about Galette having an ankle injury. Not sure if it is correct or not but if so...DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMNIT!!!

Saw that, too... Coaches are apparently "very concerned."

Awesome...

To quit and then be the "hothead" coach looking for future employment? Can't play well with others type?

Last year I said that I'd be shocked if RG3 made it 6 games before injury, and people got furious.

This year it's either serious injury by game 3, or he sucks for 4 games, then gets pulled and our W-L record is basically shot.

If he's got a guaranteed contract, he can't be forced. Period.

GM's do not name starters.
Neither do POFO's
And in the case of a guaranteed contract, neither does the owner.

If Gruden got fired for not taking those kinds of orders from Daniel ****ing Snyder, he'd be hailed a friggin hero. There would be zero hits to his professionalism.

He is in the drivers seat here. He's got Snyder by the nuts on a downhill pull.

Failure to use ones authority, when necessary, is a dereliction of duty.

You guys see NFLN yesterday? They musta brought up 5 times "is Robert given a fair shot?". I'm sure bspn is running with it as well now.

Idk, dudes gotta light it the hell up this weekend otherwise it'll linger like a wet fart.

Last edited:
Have you seen the contract? Do you know what the clauses are?

Could he have signed it, and then the very next day retired and collect on all 5 years?

No? You haven't seen it?

You're making a lot of assumptions about his contract.

Latest now is possible torn achilles.

At least he was cheap.

With Dan's reputation? At this point, Gruden's petulance from last season probably has him cast in a negative light throughout the NFL; but Dan has the reputation of being a meddler and Gruden quitting would be more evidence of Dan not learning.

Ax is correct.

Latest now is possible torn achilles.

At least he was cheap.

That sucks if it's serious. But the team has to feel pretty good about Preston Smith and Murphy. At least we are deep at that position.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.