• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

Gruden haters out in full force. Can't wait until he's gone. Then the Gruden haters can hate on the next coach, already been decided according to their mantra. Don't even know who the next coach is.

Not really surprised by it. But really am surprised at the level of football knowledge being espoused here.

2015, nobody on this team will get something they are not deserving of. Its impossible for Griffin to survive the season (health wise then talent wise) Gruden will get his second chance, because well, they won't blame him for not having a competent QB run the team. So he won't be fired until McClue's next QB is a failure. Hey.....if his next QB IS a success then we renew Gruden for 5 more years, how will you like him then?

They're both done after this year. If Griff continues to stink it up, Gruden was brought in to coach him up, and up to this point has failed miserably. Their fates are tied together.

OM...I've never disputed that griffin is part if the problem. I did watch that game and there was no doubt in my mind - having watched this in Redskin land long before Griffin ever arrived - that the blocking was atrocious. It's assuming a non-event could have succeeded (i.e., well, if Griffin had just done this or that the fact that the pocket collapsed in half a little lamb's heartbeat could have been negated.) NO ONE CAN PROVE THAT. it's pure speculation unaccompanied by any real support.
If the only inch you'll give is that "griffin is part of the problem," and you aren't interested in looking at the plays in question again so we have basis upon which to discuss specific aspects of his performance Thursday night, I guess we're done here.

I've said all along---it was a crappy night of pass pro against the Lions #1's. But I'll continue to maintain that looking objectively at the plays in question, it becomes quite clear it didn't have to result in the embarrassment we've spent the last few days talking about.

If the only inch you'll give is that "griffin is part of the problem," and you aren't interested in looking at the plays in question again so we have basis upon which to discuss specific aspects of his performance Thursday night, I guess we're done here.

I've said all along---it was a crappy night of pass pro against the Lions #1's. But I'll continue to maintain that looking objectively at the plays in question, it becomes quite clear it didn't have to result in the embarrassment we've spent the last few days talking about.

I looked at the plays. per previous: there's no way of knowing how "different" would have turned out. I get and listen to all the intelligent commentary. Cooley, for example, noted yesterday that he thought...based on line movement...that one play griffin was smacked on was due to the fact that Griffin called the wrong adjustment for blocking based on what the defense was showing. that is something worth logging into the tracker database. Cooley then went on to note that there was a remote chance the RB could have still prevented the sack. Unless it's really obvious - like griffin's fumble when he started to scramble - I'm less inclined than others to concede how a play may have unfolded "if only."

not being intransigent with you big guy. just looking at the picture from a different angle!

They're both done after this year. If Griff continues to stink it up, Gruden was brought in to coach him up, and up to this point has failed miserably. Their fates are tied together.

more than likely. the narrative that Gruden's only failings are traceable to griffin.....well.....you know.......there are cures for "blinderosis"!!!!

Gruden haters out in full force. Can't wait until he's gone. Then the Gruden haters can hate on the next coach, already been decided according to their mantra. Don't even know who the next coach is.

Not really surprised by it. But really am surprised at the level of football knowledge being espoused here.

2015, nobody on this team will get something they are not deserving of. Its impossible for Griffin to survive the season (health wise then talent wise) Gruden will get his second chance, because well, they won't blame him for not having a competent QB run the team. So he won't be fired until McClue's next QB is a failure. Hey.....if his next QB IS a success then we renew Gruden for 5 more years, how will you like him then?

So, tell me exactly what Gruden has done to impress you as a head coach thus far.

John Keim is in rare form tonight on espn and twitter. I've never seen him this frustrated before.

Stafford is an established, arguably elite QB. Bob is ... not.

What would be interesting is to see how many series the other 30 starting QB's got over the weekend though. And to maybe get a sense of what other teams with projected starters short on experience got.

Also, I just put a breakdown of Bob's nine pass plays in the Development Tracker thread. Would love to get some feedback on that from you and others, particularly if anyone has the time/inclination to review the videos ... to me they paint a pretty clear picture of two things. One, pretty crappy pass pro on several of them, and two, a QB who had no idea what to do in response.

Honestly Om, I don't really care if the crappy passing game was the line's fault or Bob's fault. It's probably everybody's fault. That's not the point.

The point is it's a pre-season game. At some point the coach has to go "Ok. We looked at X and we need to work on that. Let's now look at Y."

I don't know much but I know that that's pretty much how pre-season games work, and that's why one can't take much away from pre-season games, because the coaching staff is looking at stuff, not trying to win games.

My point here is, for some reason Gruden apparently decided to keep trying to get X to work when it clearly wasn't working. He had tried for three series. Maybe he thought four was the magic number or five or six or twelve. I personally thought three was enough, and that it was fairly obvious that any more than that was going to get his QB killed. The best way to not get his QB killed was to go back to the drawing board and work on X during the week, live to fight another day, and try X again during the third pre-season game.

That's what he could have done.

McD5, do you believe Gruden is being forced to start RG3?

If so, who do you think is giving the marching orders?

And, finally, if Gruden isn't being told what to do, is RG3 showing better than Colt and Kirk during practices? Is that why he's starting?

Yes. I believe 100% that he is being forced to start RG3. I don't think there's a coach in the entire league that would start him. I know Jay is smarter than that.

I remember a month ago, a few people objected when RG3 was rated the 31st or 32nd QB in the league. I said then, and say again now, I'd put him at 45-48. And that's generous. If injuries are included, I'd say more like 55th.

I believe Dan and maybe Bruce are the only people in the organization that believe he should be the QB.

Why didn't we at least bring Evan Mathis in? 4 mil this year to the Donkeys and we didn't even kick the tires on the guy?

not directed at you....but who cares?

Redskins fans who, if what he believes to be true is correct, are concerned that Snyder and Bruce are still making the calls.

And more importantly, that their continued stupidity can turn guys like Scot and Callahan off down the road.

Conspiracy theories and boogeymen plus a dollar will get you a cup of coffee down the road.

Cris Carter and people like him need Dan Snyder's as "fall guys" in order to justify why we are having issues.

Yes. I believe 100% that he is being forced to start RG3. I don't think there's a coach in the entire league that would start him. I know Jay is smarter than that.
If you really believe this, then Jay Gruden is not smart, at all. In fact, it would make him dumber than puddle of mud. It would make him the biggest pansy-ass loser to ever play make believe head coach in the history of the world.

He can't be forced. He can only allow his self to be Snyder's bitch. Jay holds all the cards.

Apparently no one considers the possibility that it's not an adversarial relationship? No way Snyder, Allen, Mcloughan and Gruden could possibly have considered the totality of the circumstances and reached the conclusion as an organization?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 4, Members: 1, Guests: 3)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.