• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

It's not the Redskins job to rehabilitate guys though Mike. Two arrests in one off-season? Where is this guy's head? Pass please. Get your shit together. Then we'll hire you. If you say 'it's about character' and you keep bringing guys in who've demonstrated they have character issues, it's reasonable to question if McLovin means what he says.

I'm pretty disappointed in the quality of the guys he appears willing to add to the roster. I get the pressure to add talent, but I don't like the trend.

If you say 'it's about character' and you keep bringing guys in who've demonstrated they have character issues, it's reasonable to question if McLovin means what he says.

This is what I meant.

He may say one thing, but his actions show another.

He'll bring in a guy with a domestic violence/woman beater record if he'll help the team win football games.

Griffin plays likes its desperation. Gruden last year when the season was going in the tank, coached in desperation. We'll see how long before Mclue manages out of desperation. Gruden just has to somehow keep this lockerroom together otherwise it has the potential for spiraling out of control.

It's not the Redskins job to rehabilitate guys though Mike. Two arrests in one off-season? Where is this guy's head? Pass please. Get your shit together. Then we'll hire you. If you say 'it's about character' and you keep bringing guys in who've demonstrated they have character issues, it's reasonable to question if McLovin means what he says.

I'm pretty disappointed in the quality of the guys he appears willing to add to the roster. I get the pressure to add talent, but I don't like the trend.

Galette and this guy? 2 additions, one to a 1 year vet min deal, the other brought in for a 'work out." Am I missing something?

Yeah - You're forgetting Jamison Crowder. That's two potential domestic abusers and this guy.

I understand Crowder was never charged, but imho, he was involved in something pretty unseemly. The fact that the team chose just to ignore the incident and pretend nothing happened or like the accusation itself never even occurred - I have a problem with it - that's my viewpoint.

How do you know they aren't rehabbed? Crowder seems like a lie anyways.

Seems like a lie to you - not me. The total lack of any explanation for that incident says more than a statement would imho. It's not my concern if they are 'rehabbed'. I am not saying that guys don't deserve 'another chance' - I'm saying I don't want them working out their issues on my favorite NFL team. Prove you have your shit together and then I'll give you 'another chance'. We are talking about two arrests THIS off season, right?

I'm sure I have the minority view brother - just the way I am. Let some other team make a mistake on this kind of guy. We have enough problems without adding guys who can't color between the lines off the field. Just my opinion.

wow...came out tonight an unnamed NFL head coach slammed Gruden for leaving Griffin in the game against Detroit.

Not that it matters much on the character issue but the PFT blurb is two years old.

Maybe the guy has cleaned up his act in the meantime, unless there's more later that I missed.

Thanks Tom - yeah, I think it matters. If he has kept his nose clean since 2013 it might make a difference. I assumed it was a current article.

dang! I thought things would get better once the football started. we aren't but two weeks into preseason and the vitriol is already on the rise!

this fanbase, the media -> hair-triggered and conditioned to rip the team at the slightest pretense. history or not...why hang?

wow...came out tonight an unnamed NFL head coach slammed Gruden for leaving Griffin in the game against Detroit.

Honestly - who cares? No one outside the org knows what the plan was, what was going on during those series, and what the thought process was keeping him in there.

fansince62 said:
dang! I thought things would get better once the football started. we aren't but two weeks into preseason and the vitriol is already on the rise!

this fanbase, the media -> hair-triggered and conditioned to rip the team at the slightest pretense. history or not...why hang?

Did you watch the game (not saying that sarcastically, but asking)? I found it totally discouraging and the 1st half performance was so bad it raised a lot of concerns for me (and I'm inclined and want to believe the best) about whether this QB, head coach, and offensive staff is even competent to take the NFL field in week 1. Sorry - it was bad. It raised concerns. I don't think being concerned over a horrible effort by the starting offense coming off a 4 win season is hysteria. I think it's common sense.

Last edited:
I'm sure I have the minority view brother - just the way I am. Let some other team make a mistake on this kind of guy. We have enough problems without adding guys who can't color between the lines off the field. Just my opinion.

Well I agree with you. Every team in the league, every GM, every coach, every owner, since the dawn of time, says he wants 'blue collar lunchpail character guys.' It's clearly a load of BS to placate and inspire us fans. Seriously, has any front office guy anywhere ever said "I don't care if he's a felonious diva ***hole as long as he keeps scoring touchdowns."

No. Nobody says that. But that's the reality of the NFL. The league pretends to care about this stuff. It doesn't. At all.

And when a team does sign some jerkwad off the waiver wire, that teams fans all think he'll be ok if he's just given the chance to turn his life around (and keep scoring touchdowns) while the rest of the league's fans sit back and wag their fingers, as if their own team would NEVER sign such a player.

But I agree with you, Boone. I'm done doing that dance. I'm sick of rooting for these guys. And I will not.

To the creeps we sign to this team ... I can only hope they straighten themselves out, but I certainly don't expect it. I'd rather not have them on my team and I don't look forward to seeing them in Burgundy and Gold.

Last edited:
Honestly - who cares? No one outside the org knows what the plan was, what was going on during those series, and what the thought process was keeping him in there.

the fanbase and media do -> it's been the uninterrupted topic of conversation.

obviously...it's unusual, to say the least, that another HC wld engage in a personnel issue affecting another team.

we already know the local media are posers.....how long before this fanbase sinks into the same abyss? or is it already there?

Gruden has already commented on the Detroit game regarding Grif's tough time.

Essentially asked if his QB did not get his bell rung would he have kept him in.

YES, probably at least another series..... the whole offense needs the work.... we were a 4 win team last year....

I'm not clear on what your position is Tom. Personally, I'd have had zero problem with keeping Griffin in there prior to the concussion. He needs to demonstrate he can run the offense or he needs to step down as starter.

I wouldn't have had a problem had we tried go adjust at all for him

Boone,
I was paraphrasing Gruden's response to the press.

I agree with the sentiment of his answer, I think a lot of folks thought Grif should have been pulled after so many shots prior to the concussion, if Grif wants to play, he's gotta learn.

Don't know if 'pocket presence' is something he can learn but if he can figure out how to at least protect himself we're better off.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 4, Members: 0, Guests: 4)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.